2015-16 NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by P to the Wee, Sep 29, 2015.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Great game - hard to call Lebron a finals choker now - that was a legendary win. That recovery block was unreal.

Haole, zohee and MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    Please dismiss my last message to you, I am over the moon. Hats off to GS for great final and season.They proved to be worthy champions , but damn insideneath I feel if kyrie was playing cavs would have won 2015 finals as well.

Lebron only trails Jordan in finals mvp now.

3. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm not a Warriors fan but damn do I have the urge to beat Curry violently with a spoon right about now. lol

I almost feel bad for him, he had to witness his Panthers get completely destroyed in the Superbowl and now he chokes in the finals, damn. :(

4. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You have to feel for those Cleveland fans; finally something good happens to them. Congratulations to LeBron and his crew; it was an epic duel to the finish.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  5. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Those cutesy passes he made make me crazy and the only thing I really would fault him for. They covered him well.

CR7PT and sleepyvato50 repped this.
  6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I hope for his sake, Curry reveals a torn knee or two. Otherwise, he's now the choker and he'll have to win another championship to get that monkey of his back.

sleepyvato50 repped this.
  7. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    For those who hated Kevin Love, he performed in this finals no different then Chris Bosh did whenever Heat played the Pacers. Hibbert - West turned to Shaq always.

In the other series, Love was huge. He is defo better then Blake Griffin, Millsap, Dwight Howard, Ibaka etc for me.

8. sleepyvato50

sleepyvato50 Member+

Feb 11, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You mean those behind the back passes that went straight out of bounds? Yeah that pissed me off too. lol

9. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Chasing the record suddenly seems like a bad idea because not only did it help them peak too early and wear them down, they've now given themselves a memorable and historic choke as a bonus of having the best regular season record.

benni... and yasik19 repped this.
  10. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    Curry is great, but I maintain what makes golden state so great is green - iguodola.. because this players are similar to lebron that they can do it all. defend, score, assist, rebound etc... triple double guys.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No. Richard Jefferson outplayed Love easy. He was more of a passenger than a contributor at best.

12. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    Yes in finals.But not the previous series vs toronto/detroit/hawks.

Bosh got outplayed by role players in miami as well whenever they played Indiana.Its a matchup issue.

13. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Not in this game. The fact that RJ became a key player is just a testimony to Lebrons greatness. RJ sux :)

14. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Love's defense was epic on Curry at the end.

Jaweirdo and Rossonero23 repped this.
  15. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA

Yeh, RJ was in san antonio & golden state before coming to cleveland.And dont think he offered anything to those franchises. He was great player in new jersey though, and he deserved to get a ring for his time with nets jersey.

16. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL LeBron is less skilled than Kobe? LOL Is passing and defense not a skill? He is faaaaarrrrrr superior to Kobe. It isn't even close.

17. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Ugh just realized Jr Smith is a champion lol

EruditeHobo repped this.
  18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Yeah that's how I feel. Kobe wasn't taking this team to a title.

EruditeHobo repped this.
  19. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    7 NBA Finals, one 40 point game by Kobe. Against what people call here the trash eastern conference.
    7 NBA Finals, 5 40+point game by Lebron and lord knows how many triple double. Against what people call the mighty western conference.

I love it how conference arguments, are only used to ones liking.

20. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sorry, but this Kobe nonsense has to stop. The guy was a volume scorer. One of the greatest volume scorers ever, but a volume scorer nonetheless. If you look at every advanced metric, he was an average defender and he wasn't the most efficient scorer. Heck, even Phil Jackson said that he was not a great on the ball defender but only a passing lanes guy. But he had the advantage of playing with one of the most dominant big men in history as a young man which greatly helped him in picking up titles. Bottom line (and this can't be proven), but if you switch out LeBron for Kobe on those Laker teams, they win EVERY ONE OF THEM and a couple more that Kobe DIDN'T win. If you switch out Kobe on LeBron's teams, they probably only REACH the Finals in 3 or 4 of the years that LeBron made it (and certainly none of these 3 times with the Cavaliers). There really isn't that much of a comparison. How Kobe gets credit for being more skilled, simply because he took more stupid shots (which subsequently made it look more impressive when he made some), is beyond me.

21. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SEVEN. SEVEN triple doubles in the FINALS. 2nd only to ..... well, you know who. But of course, Kobe is more skilled than him. o_O

22. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Against all of those teams, the Cavs were never really pushed hard. They were always clearly in control. Stars don't only perform against teams they dominate.

23. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bogut plays, different story. Just like against Clippers Game 7.

CR7PT repped this.
  24. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    Love was +19 in game 7 (30 minutes of play) , with 14 rebounds and shutting down curry in defence as well.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He was huge on the boards. We really missed Bogut.