News: 2015-16 General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by bvbSlash, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    High time we started a new one for the coming year.

2. dodolefou

dodolefou Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No poll? No analysis? No fixtures? We deserve better :p

Anyway I'm super hyped for this year.
    I hope we do good on EL (not too hard) and try to get top 4 in BL(harder but doable).

Go bvb!

3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Analysis is opinionated plus our transfer market activity might not be complete. I can't add the poll since I am not a mod/admin. And only the BL fixtures have been posted. Not for cups.

I know you deserve better. Tell that to Watzke so he can fire Zorc. :D

4. schwarzundgold

schwarzundgold New Member

Jul 19, 2015
    I've not seen Bundesliga for a couple of seasons. What is everyone's thoughts on the new manager?

5. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only thing we know for sure is that he's more tactically advanced than Jurgen Klopp ever was. IMO, there were only 3 instances when JK showed his tactical acumen.

1) Teaching and using Gotze on the wing (Pep Guardiola still hasn't been able to do that despite players better than KG playing alongside him)

2) Neutralizing the likes of Ronaldo and Arjen despite fielding a heavily limited FB like Marcel Schmelzer.

3) Turning Lewandowski from a penalty box striker to someone who could drop deep and help with link-up play.

Everything else like using Reus, Kagawa, Bender-Gundogan, 2 strikers etc. are something that even Jens Keller could have done.

6. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    About reus i agree, specially since when we got him he was already great. However, Gundogan improved dramatically ater one season with JK, Kagawa although talented in the J-league had to be used correctly and be trusted wich was something difficult to do (not many managers believe in young asian players, specially to play such important roles). About bender ans Sahin, i don't really knoe since i started watching dortmund in 2011 which is probably both player's best years, I don't how they fared in previous seasons. Also, for many gegenpressing must be something really simple to do. I believe ww, somehow, got worse at it...we used to be great at it but now I don't see the same spirit or hunger in the players that would help play in that way.

bvbSlash repped this.
  7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My observations prior to meeting Juve on the weekend:

Pros:
    1. Fewer long balls. Defence isn't playing the roll of a no. 8.
    2. We have more creativity than last year thanks mostly to Shinji.
    3. We play with width. Huge tactical improvement.
    4. FBs are leaving less space behind them unlike last year where we conceded too many from crosses.
    5. More intelligent possession. Last year we kept possession simply for the sake of it....in our own half.
    6. We played a 4-2-4-0 formation last night! Irrespective of not fielding a striker, it was refreshing to see innovation.

Cons:
    1. We need more creativity up front and in the middle. We still aren't the same as 2013-14 let alone 2012-13.
    2. There's very little chemistry amongst the attackers.
    3. Henrik Miki needs to go. Even if we don't get anybody to replace him.
    4. There is very little chemistry amongst our CBs and no. 6. Most or all of our goals were because of this.

Bk77 repped this.
  8. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    I guess you have to wait for the Winter for Miki, cause there are no interested teams right now. Juve seems set on Draxler and I don't see any other teams on the horizon. Maybe he plays better first half. Who knows.

9. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel says he is being forced to play some of his team in an unfamiliar striking role due to his lack of options up front.

Dortmund cruised to a 4-1 friendly win over Luzern on Tuesday in a game that saw Jonas Hofmann and Marco Reus both take up the position as a central striker.

The Bundesliga side face Juventus on Saturday before playing their first competitive game under Tuchel's stewardship against Shakhtyor or Wolfsberger in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Europa League four days later.

"There's a little shortage in our centre forwards, and because during our friendlies we don't want to give the players too many minutes and Adrian [Ramos] is not ready yet, so we're trying different things," Tuchel said.

"We tried Kevin Kampl in the centre but now we would like to give him a chance on his regular position on the wings, so that he could prove himself to us.

"Jonas had really good training sessions in different positions and showed us his versatility, and that's why we want to see this yesterday in a game situation.

"And then it's always weighing up how to do that. We want to get new ideas but on the other hand we need situations where we are comfortable.

"So that everyone knows where to go and to create chances. After half an hour we changed and put Marco through the middle up front. We knew already that he could play this position and that this would work.

"At the moment it's kind of an experiment and Jonas showed us that he could play all positions offensively even though it was unusual to him.

"He is more effective for us at the moment if he comes from the wings. But in the middle it's a really tough situation for us at the moment."

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/striker-shortage-forcing-tuchel-experiment#jr61zxQhsY2YKp0Q.99

Liquid1010 repped this.
  10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He needs to explain why we have a shortage when there is PEA, Duksch and Ramos)

11. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Duksch and Ramos are injured and Auba played in the second half. So he is talking about for the first half.

BVB Previ and Liquid1010 repped this.
  12. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    He probably means at the moment, and Ramos is still injured thus leaving Duksch (also injured?) and PEA. Had no idea Hofmann played as a striker, that should've been interesting but as TT said he's better as a winger.

13. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If the 4 attackers take turns entering the box then we are essentially playing without a recognized striker. To me it seemed that Hoffman was reluctant to lead the line the way a typical striker does so I thought we were playing a strikerless formation. Well TT knows best.

14. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hofmann? Talk about a non-traditional CF.

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I thought they were sticking to black?

16. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that is what i had read as well

17. Bk77

Bk77 Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Aren't there always 3 kits? (not counting CL) I also read we were sticking with the black one...which i liked

18. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this may be the the "third kit" with the black remaining the away and the new yellow as the home. I love the black one it looks great on the field and I've got one for myself

19. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Right, but I thought we were using last years black kit again this season.

20. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
  21. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
  22. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
  23. Jurgen Harbour Master

Dec 4, 2014
    Australia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund

Yeah I think so. Sahin is a class player. I guess by 'long balls' the article is referring more to the FB's hoofing it up the field.
    I'm keen to see whether Hummels is asked to change his style. He's probably one of the best - if not the best - attacking Defender in the world and has some great passing qualities so I hope to see him maintain that aspect of his game.

bvbSlash repped this.
  24. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Sahin was born to play the 6 under Tuchel. I just hope he'll stay fit long enough to prove it :D

MatthausSammer repped this.