(2015.06.16) 2018 WC/2019 AC Qualifiers : Japan x Singapore [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jun 11, 2015.

1. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ha, I guess he never watched a Japan match. That's understandable I guess.

2. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well he likes to come in on his right and score. And he has put in some decent crosses from there too.
    2 hilarious slips today, but he was still one of the only players actually trying. I wouldn't say he was any worse than the other players when none of them could shoot.

3. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Japan struggled to beat Singapore by 1 goal both matches under Zico, but now they have outdone themselves, unfortunately.

seolseol repped this.
  4. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I like Singapore for that PoC character played by Chow Yun Fat then I'm not pissed of this result.
    Better to have this type of lesson now instead of go to the next wc full of selfness and play as shit as the last time.

Drew1404 repped this.
  5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well, they've had bad results before but it didn't help them in the last WC...

6. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    No not really, they are just 1 point behind Cerezo at the moment :p

But it was more of a tongue-in-cheek kind of comment=) That even a very small club from J2 would have beaten this Singapore-side 19 out of 20 times=)

7. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    PoC? Ports of Call?

EDit: AH no, u meant Pirates of the Carribean. To me he will forever be remembered as Li Mu-Bai.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    for what's worth, Iran draws with Turkmenistan

9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Mighty Team Melli :ROFLMAO:

SkyPiercer and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    :D

11. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ... and Turkmenistan lost to The MIGHTY GUAM!!!!

But who cares if Turkmenistan can hold Argentina to a goal-less draw in a WC match!

12. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    Instead of being happy just be sad that Japan draw in Japan. We know what was our problem by not taking our Key players to Turkmenistan. Our coach was experimenting with a young squad almost 10 people do not have any caps yet. Our coach made a mistake to underestimate the other team playing in their own turf and using a very young and inexperienced squad and he paid dearly. He will go under extreme criticism back in home. What is your excuse?

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    what do you mean "almost 10 people do not have any caps yet"? I took a look at your team, and it seems that none had 0 caps, and only two of them had just few callups. Either way, I wasn't making any fun personally, these results can happen.
    Lebanon beat South Korea last time, so it happens.

the excuse is that in the long run this result won't make any difference apart from giving Singapore a tiny chance of advancing with us. It's disappointing, but that's all there it is.
    I guess Vahid has stuff to work on, and the players need to wake up.
    There was a moment when Yoshida was going for a 40 meters shoot and I wanted to kick him.

Drew1404 repped this.
  14. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Lol there's no reason to be happy about the result. Sure it's a bad result but it won't jeopardize anything. It's like the Japan-Singapore result, it's not good but we all know that both Japan and Iran will still be there in the next round.

Samurai Warrior and Dax repped this.
  15. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    #40 PersianLegion, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    I am talking about this people who just had their first match 5 days ago or against Uzbekistan or today.
    1. Hossein Kanani (21 year old) 2 caps
    2. Milad Mohamadi (21 year old) 1 cap
    3. Saeed Ezatollahi (18 year old) 1 cap
    4. Mehdi Torabi (20 year old) 2 caps
    5. Ramin Rezaian (25 year old) 3 caps
    6. Ezzatollah Pourgaz (28 year old) 0 cap
    7. Mehdi Taremi (22 year old) 2 caps
    8. Mehdi Sharifi (22 year old) 3 caps
    9. Alireza Beiranvand (22 year old) 1 cap
    10. Mohamadreza Akhbari (22 year old) 0 cap

Also we were missing our best defense player in CB Jalal Huseini with 95 caps. He is our leader in defense and both of our best wingers who are the heart of our team Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Ashkan Dejagah are injured plus we were missing another key player Soroush Rafie.

4 missing key players
    1. Dejagah
    2. Jahanbakhsh
    3. Rafie
    4. Huessini

Our team is in transition so we understand bad results can happen but I still expected a better outcome. We should have won with at least 2 goal difference.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ah all right you were talking about the whole squad and not the lineup specifically. Again, both matches hardly going to make any difference in the end.
    Kyrgyzstan just scored... =)

17. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Oh sorry, every keeper in Asia looks good against Japan.

seolseol repped this.
  18. PersianLegion

PersianLegion Member

Jan 26, 2015
    p
    3 of these guys played today. And our only concede goal was due this one. Our defense were lacking any experienced player in the middle, both our CBs Husseini and Pouraliganji were missing today.

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    hmm I actually paid specific attention to him after the first saves, I was mostly interested to see how he acted on corners and so on and he was always spot on. Could just be a good performance, but it still was, props to him.

20. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, guessing by the result this should be probably the worst JNT game of recent time?

21. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Vahid should just field Albirex Niigata Singapore forwards instead of Okazaki, Usami and Kagawa and they would score more I think.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. Yamato Damashii

Urawa Red Diamonds
    Japan
    Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Terrible performance by the Samurai Blue, especially in front of goals. I hope for a more spirited effort in their next qualifier against Cambodia in September. Lets hope the East Asia Cup in August will provide a good platform to work from for the rest of the qualifiers.

23. poponponpon

poponponpon Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    lol at the people who got excited after trashing uzbekistan and iraq and worshiped the yugoslavian like a god.

24. poponponpon

poponponpon Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    the last time japan failed to beat a southeast asian team was in 1997 (vs thailand 1-3). our "stars" in europe made history again.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ah yes, like Usami, Muto, Shibasaki, Makino, Ota... right? ;) Great performance by them
    Hasebe was better than Shibasaki, and Honda was the best one forward.