Rumor: 2014 World Cup Winners

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Mattcat424, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Phew, don't get all excited. Germany haven't won anything yet and it's really unfitting for German fans to boast that much.

2. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    But they are the most consistent team.

I expect them to win the Euro, Confederations or the next WC.

3. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, they maybe have a higher probability to win something than most other teams. However the probability that they don't win anything is still higher than the probability that they win something.

If you say your favorite team WILL win x and they won't, you look stupid.
    If you say your favorite team WILL win x and they do win it, it was just a lucky guess.
    I never say "will" in football, I never say they will beat team x by humiliating score y, I say they're currently among the favorites to win the EURO, but that doesn't mean they have to win it.

4. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    You think Brazil would lose 4-0 in the final of a World Cup at home against Germany? That's nuts, buddy.

Germany have a solid squad that has been growing; but Spain still should be recognized no. 1 in Europe, and frankly, on the planet. The Spain squad is still the most talented side there is.

Other European nations like Germany, Holland, Italy and France should be considered contenders, but I still like Spain the best.

In South America, I'd be surprised if Brazil doesn't win. They will have some nice talent, albeit not the best in their history. However, the fact that they are at home is such an incredible boost.

As far as the other contenders from South America, so long as Argentina continues to keep crapping out of tournaments, I see Uruguay as more of a threat.

5. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    For pure drama I would like a repeat of the Brazil v Uruguay final... with the same result as last time. I can see Germany, Netherlands, Italy and Spain thereabouts. I still have my doubts about Argentina, they have plenty of time to get their shit together.

Those are the only teams I see with a good chance. Can't see England or France getting far.

6. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How on earth is USA going to win the world cup?

According to this poll, USA have more of a chance the SPAIN and ARGENTINA :confused:

SPAIN vs USA 4-0

BRAZIL vs USA 2-0 (In 2010 and brazil are only going to get better with there young players such as Neymar, Lucas Moura, Pato, Ganso)

MEXICO VS USA 2-4 ( Brazil beat usa, and Brazil accidently scored a own goal, but still won)

Most people on bigsoccer are from USA, and thats why USA get all the votes. but most of you know that USA wont even win.

Seriously man, I know it your country. but its a very very low chance USA will win 2014 world cup.

Brazil and Germany will most probaly be the final

7. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    I agree with this, at least at this point, the Spanish team has more talent (though with some key players getting older, that might change until 2014). When it comes to Germany vs Spain, you can add that the German team pretty much clamped up in the last WC semi... the Spanish style of play is their role model, and it's hard to play against your role model.

The thing that I think speaks against Spain is that it's all a repeat performance now. When you already won it, it becomes harder to build up the tension and the drive necessary to perform at your best during the tournament. Hence noone defended the title since Brazil '62, and noone defended the EURO or Champions League ever.

8. Rami7

Rami7 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I agree with most of this post but I don't think you should rule out Brazil. On top of this World Cup taking place in their nation, in 3 years time (2014) they'll have great young players like Neymar, Ganso, Lucas Moura, Diego Renan who'll have improved drastically, and other great players reaching their peak (Robinho, Alexandre Pato, Julio Cesar, Ramires.) Although the same can be said for other nations with a lot of young talent (especially Germany). Personally, I think Germany may have the slightly better side by 2014, but home support will mean Brazil will take it.

I definitely don't think it'll be 4-0 in the final (and if England don't make the final - which they won't haha - I hope the final is very evenly matched/exciting).

9. Rami7

Rami7 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    this place is full of delusional/very optimistic Americans.

10. evelynbell

evelynbell New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Belleville
    Club:
    Fort Wayne Fever
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Germany and Brazil are tough team. If they are the final match in the Brazil 2014 then it will be an exciting game. Sorry to the americans if some people don't think that they have a chance in this World Cup..

11. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazil is going to win on their home soil, Look at all there young players such as: Neymar, Lucas Moura, Ganso, Ramires, Marcelo, David Luiz, Thiago Silva.

I would love to see Brazil vs Germany Or Brazil vs Spain - in the Final.

Brazil vs Argentina would be good too. but i dont think Argentina would be good enough to make it to the final, unless Messi leads them there which i doubt.

Brazil
    Germany
    Spain

12. evelynbell

evelynbell New Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Belleville
    Club:
    Fort Wayne Fever
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Rami7

Rami7 New Member

Oct 8, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  15. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yup.:(

16. RobTheFool

RobTheFool Member+

Apr 19, 2008
    London, England
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The way world cups are laid out makes it practically impossible for any team outside of the usual top 8 to win. That's why teams like the USA, Mexico, African teams etc have virtually no chance of winning. Being hard to beat and organised can only get you so far, you will eventually have to face at least 2 or 3 top teams who will be able to pick you apart. To win you need to have at least a few top class players like most of the top 10 teams do. That's why although it is unlikely that England will win a world cup soon, our chances will always be much better than others.

17. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I give England as much chance as Mexico. Both have a better chance than USA though, I can't see the USA surviving post Donovan, he was instrumental in their last world cup.