2014 Women's CONCACAF Championship

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by Vince Massi, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Vince Massi

Vince Massi Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    S. C. Seahorses
    I’ve been researching the 2014 Women’s CONCACAF championship, which opens on October 15, 2014.

In the June 20, 2014 FIFA Women’s rankings, the US is ranked #1. We open against Trinidad and Tobago (tied for #125). Then we play Guatemala, ranked #76. We finish off against Haiti, ranked #56. Barring a miracle, the US is going to win group A.

In group B, Mexico is ranked #25. They are grouped with Costa Rica, ranked #40; Jamaica is tied for #125; Martinique is a French possession that is not allowed into FIFA but is a member of CONCACAF. While Martinique seems to be a decent small nation team, I cannot find them rated by CONCACAF. Again, barring a miracle, I predict that Mexico will win group B

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vince Massi repped this.
  3. Vince Massi

Vince Massi Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    S. C. Seahorses
    Evan, I appreciate your help on this and other forums, and I even repped you. I'm getting frustrated by the fact that it is so difficult to get onto the right threads. I used the Search feature to find this tournament, and this is where I wound up.

Anyway, I reposted onto the correct thread, and I'm glad to see that other people are discussing this tournament as well.