2014 WC Qualifying - Back on Track!

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 17, 2012.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Short article where van Persie talks about the new players.

Op basis van wat ik zie, doen ze het goed", zegt Van Persie tegenover Ons Oranje. "Clasie ook. Is hij nog maar 21? Hij is fel, goed aan de bal, heeft visie vooruit, durft in te spelen. Maar de andere jongens zijn ook goed.

Translation:

"On basis of what I see, they do well" says van Persie again "Us Orange". Clasie also. He is only 21? He is fierce, good on ball, has forward vision, dares to play the ball to you. But the other guys are also good.

A footballer is gonna recognize a footballer. Great RVP singles out Clasie.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

This makes me angry and happy.

Angry because on basis of this line up, Anita could have played together with with Clasie and I think those 3 - Anita-Clasie-Sneijder form the highest handling speed triangle we can configure. Van Gaal made a huge mistake not calling up Anita if he already knew he would play Clasie on the right.

Happy because on basis of this line up in the future we might see this actually happen. van Gaal makes profile sketches of players and Clasie on right midfield is possible apparently. Anita in DM will also be possible.

Orange14 repped this.
  3. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Awesome:
    Psyched up to see Clasie will (finally) make his debut. Also great to see Van Persie given the starting berth. Robben fit again, that's always good. Krul between the posts.. finally mistake-prone Stekelenburg gets a reality check.

Not-so-sure:
    Martins Indi starting at the back. It could go two ways. If the defense holds comfortably, he will be hailed as the next coming of ... (fill in the blank of any Dutch greatest CB's). If the defense leaks out, will we see the 'Ron Vlaar' episode 2? Very nervous about this. Narsingh as right winger-- he is losing forms, but the other alternatives (Lens, Kuyt) are not exactly convincing, either. So I guess it's a moot point.

4. KPSmit

KPSmit Member

Nov 26, 2011
    New York
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I like the formation, especially Krul and Clasie. But really, BMI??????? I simply did not even remotely trust him in the back vs. Belgium and he had some scary bad passes? i couldn't find the youtube video, but the pass giving possession to Belgium from the lb position diagonal right in front of the box... I actually liked Viergever as LCB, why not let him start?

5. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  6. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    But did they actually say that this is the formation or is it just a guess of where the players will play that will start? In other words, is it possible that it is actually Strootman on the left, Sneijder on the right and Clasie in the middle?

7. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ballsy line-up if that's what he goes with. Defense is a big concern but no surprise there. Hopefully wingers (well Robben actually) provide some decent service to RvP.

Anyone know who's streaming the game?

8. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    probably hamit will gonna play vs robben. i think it will gonna be wonderful match up.
    two experienced player.

it seems both team has got problem at the back line. whom ever score early goal i think will lead the game till final whistle.

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ESPN3 will be carrying it on the Internet if you access through your cable provider.

10. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Thanks that's excellent. Though I had checked their site an no mention of it unless I missed it. But that would be perfect

edit - so it is, not sure how I missed it the 1st time

11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
  12. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well hopefully Robben and Narsingh will be switching wings often

13. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    omg :eek:

I have never understood why players, especially pros, can't get decent crosses in. It's not exactly the hardest skill in the world. I'm a very mediocre player but the one thing I have is a nice cross. It's just practice for god's sake

14. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    OT... how is the quality of ESPN3 streaming?

Just noticed that the my Internet provide (CincyBell) now has agreement with ESPN. I will use this for the first time today... YAY! :D

15. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    usually it's ok but today it sucks so far. I'm trying to stream Rus-N. Ireland and it keeps freezing. Not good omen for Oranje game

16. windycity

windycity Member

Oct 19, 2001
    Where do you think
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ok back up. I think they know that's there's an issue as I think they just alluded to it - seems more people tuning in then they thought

17. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    Turkey NT left back position is weaker part. CB's are less experienced players thats also weak points.
    right back is the most strongest part of the defens line currently in their starting eleven.

The shocking news is, Selcuk Inan and Burak Yilmaz are on the bench. Thats a big wow factor for Turkey fans.

Selcuk is the currently best player of the league. Burak is last season top scorer and he is good form currently.

Thats a bad desicion to keep them at the bench.

I think midfield area become a weak a bit, Selcuk were the key player for this game,but coach said;
    There is no neccassary or importancy etc to put top form player to the starting eleven.

wow. what a akward speech.

no comment.

ps:

I see You guys winning this game by two goal margin.....

18. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Match thread here.

19. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

20. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    so Fer had to leave for whatever reason. This would have been the perfect chance to call up Anita, but instead he calls up Maher. I feel bad for Anita. What does he have to do to get recognition. Well I guess he could have stayed at Ajax and played the position that he's competing for in the NT, but hey, we all know that Newcastle is such a better place for advancing your career:rolleyes:

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Hungary match thread here.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Maybe van Gaal is still pissed off about not getting the director of Football Operations at Ajax.

23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^so he takes it out on ex-Ajax players?

24. I think the best way to get at the Ajax bunch is by winning the WC 2014. That would silence them, so I cannot believe this to be true, but it was a rethoric question I guess.
    I wouldnot be surprised if LvG pulls the same trick he did with the young Ajax bunch in 1995 with this generation.
    I hope it will be so, as I cannot imagine how terrible it will be for that Telegraaf bastard to write in hosanna terms about it because it sells papers, but in the mean time he is sick to the core about it.

I read in the match thread the comments of a certain person being negative about the team. Oh dear, a big part of the team hasnot got any international experience whatsoever worthy to mention, namely the Feyenoord players, as they never played for a longer period European cup matches. So moaning about the team that in majority is green to this level is in my opinion more akin to masking other reasons for the dislike that hasnot to do with this team.

25. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Preliminary squad just announced:

Verdediging: Douglas (FC Twente), John Heitinga (Everton), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Ricardo van Rhijn (Ajax), Nick Viergever (AZ), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Gregory van der Wiel (Paris Saint-Germain), Jetro Willems (PSV)

Middenveld: Vurnon Anita (Newcastle United), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Urby Emanuelson (AC Milan), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Siem de Jong (Ajax), Adam Maher (AZ), Wesley Sneijder (Internazionale), Kevin Strootman (PSV), Rafael van der Vaart (Hamburger SV)

Aanval: Ibrahim Afellay (Barcelona), Bas Dost (VfL Wolfsburg), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke 04), Luuk de Jong (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Jeremain Lens (PSV), Luciano Narsingh (PSV), Robin van Persie (Manchester United), Arjen Robben (Bayern München) en Ruben Schaken (Feyenoord).

What on earth are the following people doing in there: Nick Viergever (HORRIBLE so far this season), Van der Wiel (has he played any football this season), Afellay (same question), Ruben Schaken (WHY WHY WHY), Luuk de Jong (ridiculous choice of third striker considering Van Wolfswinkel's form), Rafael van der Vaart (Past it Past it Past it), Daryl Janmaat (disaster waiting to happen, let the boy get settled in the eredivisie first).