2014 WC Qualifying - Back on Track!

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by Orange14, Jun 17, 2012.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^ Had that gif also lined up, but never felt the right opportunity. Great gif, well played Sir.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    http://www.youtube.com/my_subscript...8nQdzQztPlvAfsJao51_GwiA5EEwmV5NzSnz0#refresh

Why do they cut the presentation in all of these short soundbites. Just give me the whole thing already. there are interesting clues in these video's like van Gaal's love for de Vrij. That says it all really about Douglas. Nobody has to go for playing foreign cards or Brazilian cards that I already have seen going by, just football people. Build up to be precise.

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    De Vrij is injured and probably out for months. And you yourself said he wasn't exactly performing well vs Belgium. So maybe you could explain the point of your post to me. If you prefer Dutch-born defenders to Brazilian-born defenders even when the former are injured and are inferior to the latter, just be honest and say so.

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Really Neeskens, press the reading comprehension button, shut down the straw man fallacy factory that's called your brain and try again.

:thumbsup: Cheers

JC-14 repped this.
  5. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ricky Van Wolfswinkel will be in that squad they way he is playing​

6. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Dutch media and pundits are pushing Van Gaal for a Fer, Clasie, Sneijder midfield. Van Gaal will of course choose the 'most Dutch' (ahem) line-up. As in defensive qualities will be largely ignored, as will big game experience.

I'm going to ignore Van Gaal until he's sacked, which can't be far off thank god, and am posting my own favourite Holland starting XI, based on current form.

------------------------------Krul-----------------------

Van der Wiel-----Douglas------Martins Indi-------Schilder

-----------------Fer------------N. de Jong---------

Narsingh-------------Sneijder------------Robben-----

------------------------Van Persie-----------------

8. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Getting close to the big match has there been any clues regarding who is the starting XI?

9. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Not really. Only thing that's certain is that we'll see a 4-3-3 again. Which in itself is a recipe for disaster with our back four in my opinion...

10. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Actually Telegraaf are now saying that Janmaat will start as a rightback. Based on recent eredivisie performances, that's actually a good choice. Narsingh also likely to start.

So I'm guessing:

----------------------------Stekelenburg-----------------
    ---Janmaat----------Heitinga-------Matthijsen------Willems
    -------------?????-------Sneijder-----Strootman
    ---Narsingh---------------Huntelaar-------Robben

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Point to the front will lead to I think:

Fer-Sneijder-Strootman

Point to the back will lead to I think:

Fer-Clasie-Sneijder

12. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I think Strootman will play regardless.

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Why? He was not even that good in ball possession against 10 men AZ, losing quite some balls. Off ball and getting it back he did maybe well, but van Gaal likes flowing football. I think Clasie's handling speed is higher than Strootman's.

14. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think Strootman is turning into another van Bommell but not as good.

15. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We have to remember van Bommel was around 26 years old when he made his foreign transfer to Barca. Strootman is still very young compared to that, being 22 years, 4 months and 26 days old. I feel that he struggles a bit to reach that new plateau at the moment, which might have to do with handling speed, or better said, the lack of it.

16. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Tricky to have 2 newcomers, Fer and Clasie, in the starting line-up in the all-important first match of the qualifier. Both were not even included in the friendly against Belgium. That said, I think Strooman will get a nod to play alongside Sneijder just based on his experience and familiarity with the Dutch NT setup. Tough luck for Fer/Clasie.

Janmaat starting... that's very interesting. Wonder what LvG thinks of van Rhijn.

17. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    with a completely new setup and way of playing, it's more about who can play that system than it is about who's played for the NT before. Having played passes backwards in van Marwijk's 4-2-3-1 (and not playing for that team since the Germany friendly) doesn't make him better fit for van Gaal's 4-3-3. Clasie and Fer have been difference makers for their clubs. Strootman has not. He's more of a role player. When the team is doing well, he does well. When the team isn't doing well, he's doesn't. With the team in it's current form we need difference makers out there.

Orange14 repped this.
  18. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I agree with all of that, and based on Van Gaal's decision to play Janmaat (based on club form) we can be hopeful that he'll give either Clasie or Fer a chance, or even better as far as I'm concerned, both. But it's not going to happen. Not even Van Gaal has the balls to leave out even more experienced players.

19. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Van Bommel played Champions League football at the age of 22. And was screwed by Lothar Matthaus LOL. He learned his tricks from someone...

20. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Van Gaal said he wanted his players to press more up front. Will he really play a 4-3-3, and Heitinga-Matthijsen central defense? Who is going to help Clasie? Anita not included in the squad. Will Robben help Sneijder with his defensive duties? Probably. But not all time. Matthijssen can't cover Willems. Is BMI better defensively?
    But, still, it will be an exciting match, Van Gaal against Turkey.

21. magic journey

magic journey Member+

Feb 20, 2010
    Is RVP not gonna play in this game?

Back to the game,

If You Guys cant score early goal between 1~25,
    I think its gonna be any score line after that...
    If Turkey NT golie Volkan not ready for this game, I see Your chance %51 before the start of the game.

I think its gonna be too hard to stop Turkey offensive players ie; Arda Turan,Burak Yilmaz,Umut Bulut. this trio in top form at the moment.

Sahin or Selcuk Inan vs Sneijder match up will gonna be joy to watch.

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well this is what de Telegraaf reports as the starting 11 tonight:

Krul,
    Janmaat, Heitinga, Martins Indi, Willems
    Clasie, Strootman, Sneijder
    Narsingh, van Persie, Robben

Mix of veterans and newcomers.

23. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    If true, I'm happy with it

24. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Are we finally going to use formations that make sense again? man, it's been a long time.