2014 US Open Cup...

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by msilverstein47, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Yoshou

Yoshou Fan of the CCL Champ

May 12, 2009
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because that is largely only true for regular season games and they'd likely only sell 20k for this game, which would just rattle around in the CLink. I'm not sure the Sounders are interested in hosting anything less than the final at the CLink.
    They've done it before, but it certainly made the decision to have the game at Starfire easier.

2. Mavalanche

Mavalanche New Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haha I have no ties to the city of LA. I'm simply a fan because Beckham coming here in 2007 is the reason I got into the sport to begin with. When he left, I had to stay loyal to the club, although I'm just an MLS fan in general.

3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. SabreKhan

SabreKhan Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That makes it even MORE unsurprising that you would buy a Sounders jersey.

A bandwagon-jumper converted to a real fan of the MLS brand of soccer. Nice! You, sir, are living proof that the Beckham move was a good one for the Galaxy and the league in general. I'm 7 years late, I know, but welcome aboard!

Mavalanche repped this.
  5. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Kind of a step down from last years Broadcast on ESPN. In Philadelphia region Comcast/Xfinity is the big Cable provider which does not have GolTV.
    With a month to plan I would hope that the Union would be able work with GolTV to get the match Simulcast on a Philly Metro network provider.
    Most Union matches are on The Comcast Network the secondary broadcast network to Comcast sports Phila. which could cause issues. 6 ABC also carries some broadcasts but not on a tues night prime time slot.
    Since the match is at PPL Park would/could the Union have their own regular broadcast on TCN.
    For the Union the biggest match in the clubs short history with its first USOC final and chance at its first Trophy. Having this to headline next season's Marketing with " USOC Champion Union" at the forefront. having CCL matches at PPL Park and all CCL matches being broadcast on TCN will be something the Union can build upon.
    Starting with the finals match and a very good shot at winning I hope they get this right.

msilverstein47 repped this.
  6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve are you certain that it was on ESPN???

“Acquiring the broadcast rights to the final of the U.S. Open Cup through 2014 is an important milestone for GolTV as we continue to offer our passionate viewers more soccer content than any other network,” said Rodrigo Lombello, COO of GolTV, in the network’s press statement. “With concerted efforts to expand our portfolio of matches from the Americas, we are tapping into one of the fastest growing markets, as the popularity of the sport in the U.S. continues to reach new heights.”

7. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    You are correct I was mistaken. For some reason I thought I remember watching the semi between FIRE and DCU on ESPN or ESPN2. Looking back I appear to be mistaken again. I do not have GolTV with Comcast but thought I watched the SEMI on TV. Looking back at the BOX the semi match was streamed on fire.com it could have been an odd pick up by TCN that i may have saw.
    Anyway sorry bout the mistaken post.
    With the MLS and its national networks not involving themselves with any TV Broadcast. Still hope that the Union take it upon themselves to get it together for a local Broadcast on Philly Network with match at PPL and if should win plan the same through TCN for CCL next season.