2014 Point Tracker

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by BalanceUT, Mar 16, 2014.

1. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another ugly game, filled with cards. Toledo seemed to feel his job was to make Pablo happy. Anyway, we were very well organized defensively. This was a gut it out game and I admire the team for finding a way. 3 points, Rocky Mountain Cup and tying career all time record for shutouts for Nicky.

Graphically, we are at the bottom of the good years, tied with 2011 at 22 games with 36 points. RSL! RSL! RSL!
    [​IMG]

henryo repped this.
  2. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    It worked indeed... :)

3. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a bizarre ending to that 2011 season, now that I remember it, win 5 games in a row and then get 2 points out of the last 5 games.

After next weekend it's going to be a wild finish to the season, no more eastern teams, every single match will be very important for the playoff run. Right now it looks like every single team in the west could beat each other, LA is on a bit of a tear, Seattle is faltering, teams are killing it one week and then losing the next. Very strange stuff, dog days of summer indeed.

henryo and Lizzie Bee repped this.
  4. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a magnificently played game by RSL. It helped that DC seemed to be sleepwalking through their defensive play. We still had to execute. I can't think of a single player, including subs, that didn't have an A-game night. It helps that GAM is petulant and will certainly garner a game or two of suspension for his outburst. If the team plays at this level for the rest of the season, I see hardware in our future.

And, Certifying what we've known for many years: Nicky Rimando is a god! Not that this game was particularly excellent, though he did have a couple of high quality stops. It's that largest number of career MLS shut outs that is so beautiful. Go Nicky Go!

Graphics! Solidly in the middle of the good seasons. Every year we have a flat period. Let's hope we've seen it for this season and the rest of the year is the solid progression onward and upward!

[​IMG]

RSLer, UPinSLC, georg and 3 others repped this.
  5. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a scintillating game after the first 30 minutes. The start of the second half was also solid. But, no, basically a lackluster game. It is a key victory, well done lacking important players. 6 point swing against a team who has 2 games in hand. If we win the conference this is the game to look back on as where it was won. Proud of my boys!

Graphically, continuing solid placement among the good years. Great run of form going on. RSL! RSL!

[​IMG]

TheBiff, RSLer, henryo and 2 others repped this.
  6. Todorojo

Todorojo Member

Oct 27, 2008
    South Weber, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Can you imagine where we might be had this not been a World Cup year? That was really the only down part of an otherwise strong season.

henryo repped this.
  7. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL seems to have been hit worse than other teams, yes.

8. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    #133 rslfanboy, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
    Beckerman, in my mind, is clearly the most important player we have. We've played very well without Sabo, without Morales, without Rimando. We always seem to suck when Beckerman isn't in there. It was a tough several weeks.

EDIT (after balance's rep): Balance, you're getting really good about updating this thread immediately after the result. Thanks! :thumbsup:

JLaw, henryo, Ismitje and 2 others repped this.
  9. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for noticing!

10. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Interesting to note that RSL already has accumulated more points for all but 4 years of its existence (including the "cup year").

henryo repped this.
  11. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    50 points are not too far,
    55 points are totally achievable,
    60 points are going to be awesome!

12. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    "Projected Finishes of 2014 Regular Season,
    base on the Most Recent Meetings
    ",
    through games on 2014-08-17:
    • RSL to match the club record for the Most Points in a Season (57, set in 2012)... :thumbsup:
    • Seattle still going to win the West & Supporters' Shield in 2014!! :thumbsup:
    • SKC still going to top the East, & qualify for CCL 2015-16. :cool:
    • Dallas to move ahead of Vancouver, into the last Playoffs spot in the West. :)
    • Toronto to make the Playoffs for the first time in history! :D
    • Chicago still going to set a new record for the Most Ties (20) in a season, but miss the Playoffs. :sick:
    • Montreal still going to capture the Wooden Spoon... :cry:

Lizzie Bee repped this.
  13. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    57 is just an extension of our 1.7 points per game. We might do better, given who we're playing (lots of San Jose and Chivas).

henryo repped this.
  14. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    #139 henryo, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Projection of RSL's remaining games by Most Recent Meetings in 2014, 2013 or even 2012 (for opponents from Eastern Conference):

http://aragon.ws/soccerdb/team/team.php?teamId=888
    That would be a run of 4W-3L-3T for the last 10 games (15 points),
    adding on top of the current 11W-4L-9T through Aug-17 (42 points),
    for an eventual record of 15W-7L-12T (57 points). ;)

15. KendaReal

KendaReal Member+

May 3, 2010
    Taylorsville, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a shame that we didn't win the SS in that 2010 season.

henryo repped this.
  16. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you watched this teams offensively with and without Plata this year?

I love KB, and will not argue that he is vitally important. But you win by scoring and without Plata, this team can't

georg repped this.
  17. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RSL :: Utah Jazz
    LAG :: Chicago Bulls

That LA team was one of the best ever. No shame in admitting it. It just stings that's when the Jason Kreis era hit it's peak

henryo repped this.
  18. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    My analysis isn't limited to just this year.

The team could still get 0-0 ties without Plata. Without Beckerman, the whole ship is rudderless.

19. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    #144 henryo, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    The 11 Ties that season cost them real dear...

Otherwise, they were actually better than L.A. in almost every department: GD, GS, GA & Losses.

Http://aragon.ws/soccerdb/league/latest.php?stageId=863

Screenshot_2014-08-19-20-01-35-1.jpg

20. UPinSLC

UPinSLC Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    SL,UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup, I can think of two games specifically from that season that screwed us, the Chivas home game and the cRapids home game, games where we absolutely bombarded the opponent, but made a couple fatal mistakes and could not finish chances which resulted in 1-1 draws at home.

henryo repped this.
  21. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is nothing to be said about this game except: "______ mishit that [shot/pass/cross]" said repeatedly throughout the match. It was as if every bit of ball skill the team had was left at the ticket counter at the Salt Lake Airport.

That's all I got because I feel pretty disgusted by the gutless play by the team in this game. The game was handed to us on a platter by the ref (we gotta be honest here) and we said, "No thanks, we'll take the loss we expected when we boarded the plane."

This was an embarrassment.

Forget this one and prepare to finish the season.

Graphically, still in the good zone.

[​IMG]

goobx1 and henryo repped this.
  22. TheBiff

TheBiff Member+

Apr 8, 2011
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Don't let this game be more than a bump in the road, just move on to SJ

henryo repped this.
  23. henryo

henryo Member+

Jun 26, 2007
    3 points there will be a must... ;)

24. goobx1

goobx1 Member+

Jul 9, 2007
    Salt Lake
    I'm sure the most disappointed person at the game last night was the ref. For crying out loud he was just looking for a reason to send off that douche of player Blas Lenhart for all of his antics. I bet he was pissed.

"Seriously RSL, I do you and the league a favor by sticking my neck out and sending off the biggest douche in the league this side of EJ and this is how you repay me? You owe me. Big TIME!"

Ref

SpiffCoug repped this.
  25. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #150 BalanceUT, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Hard fought and we caught some breaks. At the end, though, Quakes were getting breaks but couldn't convert them. The pitch seemed to be a mess. Evidence of erased football lines on it suggesting it might be beat up by a recent football game. Seemed neither team could really put together consistent passing if they were under any pressure. Given space, the teams could put together passing after settling the ball. At times, human pinball kind of soccer, not pretty, but kept my attention very well. We held tough through to the end and I liked it.

Graphically, still holding among the good years. RSL! RSL! RSL!

[​IMG]

RSLer, henryo and Lizzie Bee repped this.