2014 Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by gogogo, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    True about PS..... But she can't be "on campus" until she finishes her visits.....lol.

2. Soccer2345

Soccer2345 Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My daughter told me it was already done. It is father east than PS

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So is it Georgetown like someone indicated in an early post?

4. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    PSU seems unlikely considering the other player who is rumored to be transferring in. BC would be my guess, given that is where she had previously committed before she switched to ND.

5. Soccer2345

Soccer2345 Member

Jan 6, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No to Gtown, No to BC It will be out soon enough

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    One more guess. Is it South East?

7. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BC would be in-ACC. I believe that would require sitting out a year with concurrent loss of eligibility; I know that there are similar penalties in other sports.

8. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    Yep - somehow forgot BC was in the ACC.

9. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    I'm thinking that Rutgers would be a great fit for her. They have been moderately strong for years and the addition of someone with her skills might just bounce them into championship contention. Maryland is another possibility and either school would have the Big Ten publicity. (I give an outside (small) chance to Connecticut.) Ain't groundless speculation fun?

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If it's not BC nor G-town and no ACC, and we're talking straight east then, the only one left I can think of is UCONN that she may be transferring to.

Is it Connecticut, Soccer2345?

11. Chipsrule

Chipsrule Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    What colors will she be wearing?or what brand will she be wearing?

12. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Me thinks the lack of a reply from Soccer2345 should answer your question...lol. But still another school in the running.

13. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Latest rumor is she committed to UConn. And then the UConn coaches just told the team she uncommitted. So who knows at this point. What a situation. Does not end.

14. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    She is still on a visit so highly doubt she committed and then uncommitted.....maybe they just heard more than she said??

15. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    OK. So from my understanding, all college campuses are back in school today.

Does anyone know the campus whereabouts of one MA, today?

16. justahick

justahick Member

May 30, 2013
    Plenty of schools have another week or two break.

17. 1R15H

1R15H New Member

Sep 18, 2014
  18. Hooked003

Hooked003 Member

Jan 28, 2014
    I don't know what MA is doing, but one can enroll at more than one school at the same time. (Sometimes happens with revenue-sport athletes.) What the NCCA Division 1 also requires is being on the campus on opening day of classes. See, Bylaw 14.5.2: "A transfer student is an individual who transfers from a collegiate institution after having met any one of the following conditions at that institution: (a) The student was officially registered and enrolled in a minimum, full-time program of studies in any quarter or semester of an academic year, as certified by the registrar or admissions office, provided the student was present at the institution on the opening day of classes;"

19. g8udxk

g8udxk New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Club:
    DC United
  20. justdoit

justdoit Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I really hope MA didn't commit to UConn then back out of it. As she and her father have already done that to BC. Not very good life lessons being taught here. After soccer ends the real world is ahead. Hopefully MA will work for her father and not have to worry about a boss with expectations of her. She didn't earn the playing time so rather than work harder at her weaknesses just leave.
    She is a solid player but pleeeeeeeease

21. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    Personally, I would not necessarily lay this (or any, for that matter) transfer at the feet of the coach. Low profile and higher profile transfers happen all of the time for many different reasons. Every now and then there may be some evidence that the coach mis-handled a player or that there was a personality conflict, but in my view, 95% of the time the reasons are logical and innocent.

22. on the floor

on the floor Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Interesting watching the developments - I would ask if Notre Dame is playing a different style of game ?
    Are they more direct now than under Randy's guidance?- is Andrews getting on the ball or did her role change?
    Has she changed - slowed up and is no longer an attacking force but a defensive ball winner now ?
    Equally another factor is - with the school being mentioned as possibilities - is she struggling academically?
    These top notch kids seem never to get a break- and burn out maybe a factor - has she has lost some passion and is looking for a new start and reset of sorts?

23. Hooked003

Hooked003 Member

Jan 28, 2014
    As I posted earlier in this thread with respect to MA's role, the new coach is playing a completely different style than Randy. As it relates to a center midfielder, TR appears to value ball-winners not play-makers. Randy recruited a lot of midfielders who were good to great with the ball at their feet. Many of these players are not a great fit for the way TR wants to play. I could go on and on with the differences, but the bottom line is that TR has a vision for how she wants to play and there are players on the roster that can be effective playing in the style she wants.

24. g8udxk

g8udxk New Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Club:
    DC United
    Hooked would you say that is a style that can win the ACC where so many teams are very good to great in possession? Honest question.

25. Hooked003

Hooked003 Member

Jan 28, 2014
    That's a really good question. The glibe answer would probably be "no," but a thoughtful answer would probably be "maybe." The coach put in a new system with players not chosen for the ability to play that system and still finished 4th in the ACC in year one. That's a huge positive. The negative, of course, was that the 2 best ACC teams (FSU and UVA) destroyed ND. The positive spin on the negative is that those 2 teams were also the 2 best teams in the country. So, I believe the answer comes down to a couple of questions. First, how often will the top of the ACC be that good? Forever is probably not the right response. If ND gets better in the new system and the top of the league slips down, the outcome of the games might turn on a bounce or break. Hoping to get lucky every few years isn't something that excites a fan-base, but it's better than never having a shot. Second, how good in actual possession play will other ACC teams be in future years? It's a difficult style to play and teams that want to play that way still have yearly ebbs and flows because the players come and go. For example, UVA is graduating a very special player and FSU adapts its style to the players on hand, so this year was very different than last year in terms of FSU's style of play. Third, what players can a team recruit? It might be nice to want to play in a system that rewards technical players, but can you get 20 such players so you have depth when injuries occur? The jury's out on what players the new coach can recruit. Fourth, what type of players are in the youth pipeline? As far as I can tell, creative midfield players are just about non-existent in the US youth system. Slightly technical athletic players abound. As an ND fan, I'm hopeful.