2014 last year of the Goat

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by -REY MISTERIO-, Feb 20, 2014.

1. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  2. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously, congratulations. No fans or players should ever have to go through what that so-called ownership put you through. Looking forward to a revitalized LA rivalry.

EastLAChiva and phoenixhazard repped this.
  3. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the team, is not moving MLS whats a rivary here in LA
    Good things are to come
    What gets me exited is that the new ownership will have to compromise to build us a new stadium

4. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait to have a solid rival in LA with an ownership that actually cares, hopefully the goats stigma doesn't carry with you and you're able to build a very solid fanbase here.

Congrats!

5. U.S Chiva

U.S Chiva Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Salinas California/Denver, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    dont know what to think. Honestly I will never forget chivas usa, yes we sucked but I loved this team.:(

6. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings. Thought I'd poke my head in here and see what the reaction is to the news. What is the percentage of Chivas fans on here that are primarily Guadalajara fans? Is it a significant number? Will they stick with after the re-brand? What do you guys think?

As a fan of a team that often gets mentioned as a candidate for being relocated in the past (Columbus), I understand those who fear the team may be on the move. But I really doubt it. The Don wants two teams in LA and NY. And the Don usually gets what the Don wants.

7. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not always. Some of those Preki led Ante Razov teams were pretty darn good. Won the conference regular season one year, yes?

sodi_gar repped this.
  8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    Congratulations on shedding the albatross hanging round your neck.

9. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody didn't read the press release.....

CTS26, SenordrummeR2, Gameface and 2 others repped this.
  10. Bisquick_in_da_MGM

Jul 26, 2013
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I don't really have a MLS team until ATL comes into the league. I'm going to adopt the new LA team as my team until ATL.

Gameface repped this.
  11. waltlantz

waltlantz Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Pretty interesting news.

I wonder though for locals...............where do you think a potential ownership could conceivably build a stadium, either in county or outside?

12. nocturnal323

nocturnal323 BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2009
    Boyle Heights, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least the team didn't relocate and plans to stay here. Wish things would of worked out better...

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So are all the fans here planning to stick with the team? Good luck with the new ownership etc.

14. CubanLover

CubanLover Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Sin City, Nevada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely sticking with them. Which is funny since i have no ties to LA or Cali and have never cared for a single Cali team before CUSA. But the legend of Maykel Galindo will always be fond :)

I really do hope they stay in LA though and they get some wonderful owner. LA Aztecs or LAFC, brand new shiny stadium in downtown LA would be a dream, stick it to the galaxy while they still play at the Stub Hub in Carson would be amazing. If they move i'll still root for them, as Vegas (my adopted hometown) has no team.

Let's hope the MLS doesn't screw this up like they have with previously league owned teams.

15. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heart broken :cry: & angry at Vergara for been a piece of shit.
    I will follow this team until they day I die or moves out of LA.
    Will Never support galaxy.
    Welcome the new ownership that intends to keep the team in LA & invest in the club i felt in love with since 2007.
    Will be buying season tickets & enjoying the last season with my son.

Mario Balotelli and Gameface repped this.
  16. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I already bought season tix, brand new away jersey. Just freakin heart broken. I'll be there this year with my son and rest of my family.

Ismitje and Mario Balotelli repped this.
  17. Gameface

Gameface BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 25, 2000
    Southern California
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got two season tickets for my club's swan song of a season and will certainly be on board for the "new era" in 2015.

18. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got my season tickets and have a glimmer of hope for some sort of glory during our last year! I will continue to support along with the Union Ultras and will support the new team as long as it still supports the people of Los Angeles!

19. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't seen this posted yet, but Don Garber posted a letter to CUSA fans on mlssoccer.com.

Hopefully this gets rid of the ongoing notions and dreams of the team moving out of LA. Personally, I hope the CUSA fans remain with the team through the transition. CUSA games have always been my favorite when they come to play RSL. The expansion team rivalry has died down, but the CUSA support has always had a strong showing at RSL games. Hopefully that continues. Here's to a good season!

20. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll rest easier when the whole matter is settled. Without a new owner already in place I feel like this could be the Quakes '05 all over again. I'm still optimistic, but it's a worried optimism.

21. gremio1903

gremio1903 Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Uruguaiana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD]
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    There was an idea of changing colors to Red, Black and Gold. I draw this:
    [​IMG]

The Los Angeles Goats.

It would still link with its past, but with a new name, logo and colors. It is based on the secondary logo from Chivas USA, almost never used.

22. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They say that when one door closes may doors open….
    Been a fan of the Goats since day 1 since 2005 I probably missed 5 or 6 games at the most
    Guadalajara fan since birth
    And will continue supporting the new club that represents LA…. Yes it hurts but we all deserve a competitive team a FO that really cares for the loyal fans
    I will enjoy every single minute of this season
    Thanks the Chivas USA I have meet many loyal friends that still stand next to me till this date
    Hope this new club bring more friends like that….. loyal and dedicated
    Cheers….
    Salud ..la ultima y nos vamos cabrones!
    [​IMG]

23. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    all be happy with Club deportivo Los Angeles
    and keeping our colors ...Chivas USA has the sexiest colors and best uniforms in the league
    they can chage the crest not a big deal
    if we were to change colors i like here are my top options

red and white - Bayend M stile
    Black and White - juve stile
    Yellow - some black - Burusia D stile
    red and blue - Barcelona stile

24. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aztecs would be the best by far, you will have instant "history." hopefully you build a stadium in OC or northern LA so at least we can go after different markets. I have always said this, stronger LA2 is the stronger the Galaxy and the rest of MLS are. I dream of a day we can play a derby match in LA inside a 80k+ stadium sold out.

25. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't the press release say that Vergara would keep all of the trademarks and logos? If so, they'd have to create a different looking goat.

There are too many red and blue teams in the league. Yellow and black is the Crew's thing. I think a black and white or black and silver would be cool. It would also be a throwback to when the Raider's were in LA. Or go with blue and yellow as a throwback to the Rams (I know, America is blue and yellow, and that wouldn't sit well with Chivas fans).

Gameface and gremio1903 repped this.