2014 Hot seat or getting Warm seat.

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Cliveworshipper, May 1, 2014.

1. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    HAPPY (belated) EASTER all!

Will we have new coaches in place this week? Any rumors floating around?

Wash. St
    Toledo
    Alabama
    UTSA

2. Volssoccer

Volssoccer Member

Oct 26, 2008

3. spykemanne

spykemanne Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Re: Toledo
    Rob Klatte was there to coach club (Toledo Metro) before he quickly moved to Butler (asst coach on Feb 4)... Timing is everything

Also saw this yesterday
    New Mexico
    Named Missy Strasburgh and Karley Nelson women's assistant soccer coach and Brad Keller director of women's soccer operations

4. hilltopsoccer

hilltopsoccer Member

Aug 24, 2007
    TX
    Tiff does a good job. You have Toledo and Bucknell getting new coaches for personal issues, and don't get me started on the New Mexico State issue. Yes, it's an issue, not being dealt with. So if we are going to bash a coach....Clearly it shouldn't be Tiff Roberts Sahaydak.
    Alabama Offered it to someone across the country but they were turned down.

Tommy Collins repped this.
  5. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014

Great point about NMSU…I just find it hard to believe that issue was swept under the carpet….especially with the apparent arrogance with which Delgado showed in that brief interview. Tiff is in no way in the same zip code as any of those situations!!! What are those ALBQ club parents thinking to allow their daughters to play for this guy?

Oh, and by the way….these coaches will surface somewhere else….they always do!

6. oneofnine

oneofnine Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Perhaps the club parents believed a thorough investigation had been conducted by the university and there wasn't enough, or no evidence to relieve him of his duties? Apparently you know more than most people do about this situation, so you may find this position to be naive. The university has much to lose if they do indeed "sweep it under the carpet" as you mentioned. I have no vested interest in this situation, so I'm not defending anyone. However, it is also easy to say "oh there is much more to the situation than anyone knows.......I'm not going to say what it is.....but he should be fired".........and while arrogance is unbecoming, it isn't grounds for firing

7. oneofnine

oneofnine Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Perhaps the club parents believed a thorough investigation had been conducted by the university and there wasn't enough, or no evidence to relieve him of his duties? Apparently you know more than most people do about this situation, so you may find this position to be naive. The university has much to lose if they do indeed "sweep it under the carpet" as you mentioned. I have no vested interest in this situation, so I'm not defending anyone. However, it is also easy to say "oh there is much more to the situation than anyone knows.......I'm not going to say what it is.....but he should be fired".........and while arrogance is unbecoming, it isn't grounds for firing

8. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Alabama filled. Announcement should be out this afternoon.

spykemanne repped this.
  9. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014

I do not know more than what you see here, but, as a parent, it's the unknowing that should the cr*p out of you. He has a track record of issues in his last three stops (ULL, UALR & NMSU)….enough said.

10. royturner

royturner Member

Jan 3, 2012
    would be the first news they have put up on soccer for awhile...they still have Bramble listed as the head coach and never acknowledged that he left on their soccer page...???

11. spykemanne

spykemanne Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    I'm still guessing Tiffany Roberts Sahaydak (2 for 1 deal)

12. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nope.... They will be getting a great male coach...surprised the announcement not up yet?? A huge loss to current team

spykemanne repped this.
  13. sockerdad06

sockerdad06 Member

Sep 12, 2004
    probably a former SEC coach looking to get back in the league

14. SEC Soccer Fan

SEC Soccer Fan New Member

Sep 27, 2013
    If you know who got hired at Alabama, just tell us the name.

15. spykemanne

spykemanne Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    I hope you are saying what I think you are saying

16. DemitriMaximoffX

Aug 19, 2006
    Grapevine says Alabama announcement coming tomorrow, which isn't exactly a shock considering they spent most of the day introducing the new men's basketball coach.

spykemanne repped this.
  17. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Big time male name??

Well either you are that person since you're not revealing the name thereby hyping yourself up or you don't actually know. If it's a big time male coach from a current D1 program I'm guessing Ross Paule at Creighton. Doesn't get any bigger than an undefeated record as a D1 head coach.

18. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Hardly that person and, yes, I actually do know. Never said big time....said great.... As in a great person and great coach who will be missed.

19. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Team was told this afternoon..... Alabama HC is Wes H from FSU... Best of Luck to him and Alabama!

spykemanne repped this.
  20. spykemanne

spykemanne Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    #770 spykemanne, Apr 8, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  21. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
  22. Dick Spears 26

Dick Spears 26 New Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to his bio, he only has 2 years of college coaching and a few years at Colorado Rush. Why is this a great hire? Just wondering...

24. Dick Spears 26

Dick Spears 26 New Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    fair question, imo his success at florida state carries a lot of weight...i like his background with colorado rush, which has a been a solid club for years and his playing experience both pro and collegiately are solid...usually, i'm not one to agree with hires of coaches who have little collegiate coaching background (ahem, new mexico, anyone?), however, for some reason i like this one.

25. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014

Sounds a lot like the last "big time" FSU assistant that got hired…EB at TCU….in 3 seasons, 21-38-10! And, he actually had MORE collegiate experience….recruiting to the Florida Panhandle is a heck of a lot different than Tuscaloosa, just saying.

I wish him the best, but he needs better-than-solid assistants to make this work.