2014 Hot seat or getting Warm seat.

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Cliveworshipper, May 1, 2014.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I see conversations starting about the 2014 season.

Perhaps discussions about who's bum is warm this season should be directed her.

2. quikshot007

quikshot007 Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Getting a early start with this? lol

3. Volssoccer

Volssoccer Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Id say:
    Alabama
    Georgia

4. 2-Timer

2-Timer Member

Jul 1, 2013
    North Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    For sure UTSA - interim HC

5. quikshot007

quikshot007 Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Who knows the guy could knock it out of the park this next season! As discuss in last years hot seat no one really knows what a search committee is looking for in someone. Best of luck to him and his team for the 2014 season!

6. 2-Timer

2-Timer Member

Jul 1, 2013
    North Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I agree, but the seat has to be hot or they would remove the interim tag. It has to be hard to recruit because the trend in girls soccer has become that many new coaches seem to lose 50-75% of current rosters when hired. It is a trend that definitely is starting to make players and their families nervous about committing to a school with a coach on the hot seat.

7. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Bollocks. No way the trend is to loose 50-75% of players for new incoming coaches.

8. dasboots

dasboots New Member

Oct 3, 2009
    2-Timer said:
    I agree, but the seat has to be hot or they would remove the interim tag. It has to be hard to recruit because the trend in girls soccer has become that many new coaches seem to lose 50-75% of current rosters when hired. It is a trend that definitely is starting to make players and their families nervous about committing to a school with a coach on the hot seat.

This is an absolutely ridiculous comment! There's no way that you can be a college coach and make a statement like this...

Any credibility you may have had on this board is shot!

9. 2-Timer

2-Timer Member

Jul 1, 2013
    North Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Maybe my window is too small to paint with such a large brush, but we know through club friends of 7 college programs that have replaced their coach in the last 3 years because of poor performance on the field. Of those, 5 had a 50%+ turn over in the first 12 months on the job. By listening to the players and families, the reasons were always pretty much the same - "I know the previous coach recruited you, but you just aren't good enough to play at the level I expect this team to play." Some of the turnover was also just due to different personalities and that conflict, but it was clear that the new coaches did not want to wait until most of the players graduated out of the program.

It is what it is. The facts above are not disputable and IMO it shows a trend that is disturbing. You don't see it happen in other sports. Maybe it does and I don't hear about it because I am not as connected.

10. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    The only thing worse than making absolute statements on this forum is someone condemning the person making them in absolute terms.

No question, trend is there and concerning, but frankly, you can look at it both ways. AD's care enough about women's soccer to make aggressive hires and empower that coach to make aggressive roster changes. Clearly, for those adversely affected, it stinks, but overall, wouldn't this be indicative of some increasing relevance for college women's soccer?
    This happens in hoops and pointy football all the time for one reason only....the stakes are high

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  11. 2-Timer

2-Timer Member

Jul 1, 2013
    North Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I agree 100%. It is a big transitional time for women's college soccer. It is trying to become a legit college sport and trying to move into the #2 spot behind basketball in the womens college scene. As AD's take it more serious and coaches are paid more and fired more, then the stakes are raised for everybody.

12. Carolina Shamrock

Carolina Shamrock New Member

Apr 23, 2012
    So Far:
    Alabama
    Georgia
    UTSA
    What about Vandi, College of Charelston, Towson, and Nevada Reno?

13. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    ETSU has to be moving up there too. brought in lots of foreign players and been below average. moving to his 4th year.

14. cali.soccer

cali.soccer Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Alabama
    Georgia
    UTSA
    Vandi
    College of Charelston
    Towson
    Nevada Reno
    ETSU
    Any more?

15. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You can take Alabama off, he got an extension at the end of the year. Do not know the length or details.

16. CollegeSoccerDad

Mar 2, 2013
    To me it is amazing that some of these coaches are still there...

17. devad

devad Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Astonishingly you are correct. Extended thru 2016. Alabama hasn't made the conference tournament in 2 straight years!

18. Volssoccer

Volssoccer Member

Oct 26, 2008
  19. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
  20. Dempsey

Dempsey New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    OU - Coach may want out more than being on Hot Seat (or Both?)
    SMU - Administration not at all pleased.
    FAU - History states it's about this time Coach starts to unravel.

The fun begins soon.

21. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are four OUs -- Oakland, Oklahoma, Ohio, and Oregon. I can safely conclude it's not Oregon. I'm guessing you're referring to Oklahoma.

22. Dempsey

Dempsey New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yes on guess. Oklahoma Coach.

23. Wayne Famous

Wayne Famous Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure you aren't thinking of the men's team?

Chris doesn't even get his first class in until this fall.

24. Dempsey

Dempsey New Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This will be SMU women's coaches 3rd season. (Things are not good)

25. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope everyone is following Chris Henderson at All White Kit, with his soon to arrive -- and teasers already underway -- statistics-driven Division I coach ratings. I suspect there are some bombshells coming. He tweets here: @chris_awk