2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying II [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    What do you think, how they play against Australia? What will be the temp? humidity?

2. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Did you just pulled that out of your behind? A bunch of hardliners spontaneously showed up at a couple of matches to protest against the occupation of Bahrain by the Saudi regime and they were booed by the fans, and kicked out by the security forces. That's different from the state organizing a "we love Khalifa" carnival at the stadium. If you had thousands of organized pro-regime Iranians in stadiums, shouting "we love Khamanei", then you have a case. Until that day, you're the only hypocrite here for defending such an act.

3. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    We didn't look that great. I don't know how we'll fare against the aussies. A big question mark on the defence. The Omanis got behind them way too easily. Zoori and Mo'ath can't defend and Osama Hawsawi looked laboured.

As for the weather, from the forecast (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/SAXX0002?dayNum=4) it doesn't look too bad. By the evening I expect the temp to be in the low/mid 30s and medium humidity.

1 person likes this.
  4. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    idiot, the difference is very simple. In the Esteghlal match a bunch of islamic extremists showed up and then the police and spectators kicked their asses out of the stadium. In the Bahrain game the government has obviously brought in govt supporters to the stadium. For 90 minutes they chanted pro govt slogans and raised saudi flags while 4/5 of the stadium was completely empty lmao
    is this normal behaviour?
    the one million khalifa posters were also hard to miss

5. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i think after raul, nekounam has scored the most headers in the 21st century.

6. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Let's cool it down a bit.

Bahrain's display in the stadium was just wrong. If I'm not mistaken, they've banned a few of their players too.

Secondly, although nothing amazing, Iran had a solid enough game.

Third, Japan was damn unlucky not to score for so long, but also so lucky to finally get one!!

7. mpadli

mpadli New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Indonesia
    Thanks Iran for giving Indonesia a learning.
    I had wrote many times in Indonesian forum if Rihihina (GK) played then goals will come from header as he is very poor in anticipating crossing. Unluckily, our first choice GK was injured during Jordan warm-up.
    Also four of first team squad were ineligible.. Nasuha (ML), Bustomi (MC) Ricardo (DC), and Boaz (FW).
    All of them were the key-players in the previous matches. The Uruguayan born Gonzales is nothing without boaz.
    Hope to see them fielded and fresh in the next match against bahrain.
    If Nasuha and Boaz were out then I think bahrain will get a tie even win the match.

8. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Korea vs Lebanon Highlights
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1EM6SbFXw"]2014 Brazil World Cup Qualifiers Korea vs Lebanon Highlight(Chu Young Park Hattrick) - YouTube[/ame]

9. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    so far I've seen highlights of every match cept the Saudi-Oman game
    anybody have the highlights?

10. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Indonesia can beat both Qatar and Bahrain for the second spot. Both of those teams are beatable.

11. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It was a pretty boring stalemate really so I can't find any replays.

12. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKx0_XwdW4g"]‫???? ? ???????? 0-0 ????? Oman vs Ksa 2 / 9 /2011 1st half ????? ?????‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  13. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Any one taking Iraq-Jordan result a shocking?

14. Uzbekistan2006

Jan 4, 2005
    Khorezm, Uzbekistan
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    i think it is not a shocking result. Jordanian football improved a lot in recent years.

15. tato_Top

tato_Top Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Auckland,NZ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    Indonesia was playing below their capability. I think they were too nervous. Indonesia didn't play with their 5 key players last night because of Injuries n suspension. I am sure with them back on the team we can beat Bahrain and Qatar and hopefully Iran in Indonesia. Anyway Iran dominated the midfield area last night, their midfielders are creative but their forwards wasted many chances. And Iran backline seems nervous and gave too much space. If Iran still playing like last night, I am afraid Iran will lose in Indonesia.

I am hoping that Iran and Indonesia will qualify from this group.

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I was impressed by Indonesias effort, particularly how the team distributed the ball nicely and quickly. Seems to be a good coherent team even if key players were absent. Indonesia are very capable of qualifying out of this group. I would really prefer Indonesia qualify out of this round along with Iran obviously.

17. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    lol. you should do stand up. if we get a couple of free kicks in indonesia we will use our superior physical aspects to our advantage. i dunno if you noticed but Iran always scores off set plays in asia. the only physically inferior teams in asia that can match us are japan and south korea.

18. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why have FIFA match days been changed from Sat-Wed to Fri-Tue. What's the rationale behind that?

Is it only for this round of qualifiers, or will the same hold true for Asian WCQ round 4?