[2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers] Korea vs Iran 2012/10/16 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LCY is a long way away from his form before injury. Playing in the Championship isn't helping. Well at least he was playing heavily for the first few matches then surprisingly dropped to the bench and featured little if none at all.

2. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    On the bright side, we're still in first place in the group, and the worst part of the schedule is behind us now. Hopefully we'll show our full prowess for our home legs.

Hope we can finish year on a good note against the Aussies next month, even if it's a friendly.

HiTaegukWarrior repped this.
  3. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    good game for both teams, congratulations to the korea NT for playing very well, and apologies for our goalkeepers grassrolling in the last few minutes;)... the training pitch for Korea NT was horrible and on behalf of REAL iranians i apologies..... and regards to ur coments about our 2nd division belgian league striker. he is set to join belgiums best team in the winter and as u saw in the game, he created a lot of problems for ur backline.... overall it was a really good game, good tempo, and a very good rivalry IRNT and KNT have going on here

skimmilk and Tiger12 repped this.
  4. Tiger12

Tiger12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Congrats, I shaved head with the bet I made with my Persian Friend.

At least he bought me Moby Dick's afterwards.

msc43, Seol Korea, skimmilk and 3 others repped this.
  5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't know the specific rules but Lee SG isn't 18. He's 24 (25 in Korean age).

6. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    uhh we did not play very well. literally every time we were in the final third we whipped the ball into the Iran penalty box. Ball was in the air way too often. it was worse than watching stoke .. not how football should be played.

skimmilk, olijolly and Coach Hong repped this.
  7. Corea10

Corea10 Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol, I was implying that LSG>Miyachi and that if a raw teen like Miyachi could get a permit, so could LSG.

8. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As much as I like LSG and is a top 5 Korean player in the K-League, I'm still not sure he would be granted a permit.

9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Mmmm. Moby dicks. Possibly worth the haircut.

10. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    if they want Lee Seung-Gi they will get the permit whether right away or through appeals. i havent seen anything linking him with QPR though.

11. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    skimmilk repped this.
  12. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice post, but what rivalry?

13. KeonKish

KeonKish New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Hi guys! I'm an Iran fan and I wanted to just give you guys an outside opinion.
    I think that Korea was more dominant in possesion and played a little better today.
    However, my view is that Korea chose to cross the ball in the air a little bit too much, I did not see many ground attacks. Now on a normal day, this might have worked, but we got 5 missing players back for this match, a handful of which are very important to our aerial and general defense.
    We got Teymourian( DM) Montazeri Heydari and Pouladi, which is 3/4 of our defensive line + a DM, they were all either injured or missing.
    Korea was the better team, however Rahmati played great today and denied the chances.
    And I would like to point out that I do not support grass rolling, and I agree that rahmati did some in the late second half, I would like to point out that he was hit pretty hard in the first half, and I would also like to mention that in modern day football I have seen top european teams grassroll as well, unfortunately time wasting is part of the game, a sort of penalty for being behind a goal.

In conclusion, I think that iran was the more motivated and hungry team... but it was an intense game, with a total of 5 yellows and dozens of other challenges made every minute.
    Unfortunately, you guys suffered a blunder of not marking during a corner... Nekounam was completely unmarked and he is a player who was known in spain for volleys and strong shots.
    And for some reason our team became more motivated after becoming 10 men.... anyways Good game guys, both teams will most likely qualify, I watch korea's games as well, I respect your National Team and think that asian teams as a whole will make more noise in this coming World cup

Would also like to add that our teams have always been kryptonite for each other, it almost always comes down to a single lucky goal being scored for either side, just like AC 2011, last minute goal etc...

14. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    THIS. WAS. MY. BIGGEST. FRUSTRATION. TODAY.

15. KeonKish

KeonKish New Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I know how you feel, iran did the same exact thing against qatar, except that the qatari's were defending with 10 men and subbed in a forward at like minute 70

16. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    CURRENT POINTS 776
    NEW FIFA RANKING POINTS 728

we could've went on top of japan if we had won today

17. Tazza

Tazza Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Damn, so pissed after watching this game. After they went a man down... i thought we at least had a point in the bag, and probably three. I guess this is the kind of attitude that gets you beat though.

Some points from the game: Our long ball tactics were awful, especially after iran scored a goal. We didn't try to pass it around, and it should have been obvious to CKH that this wouldn't work after about the 100th time.

Also, why was KSW playing in the hole? He should have been the one top if we were going to play him at all, instead we had PCY playing one top. If we had him amc/ss, then our football would have been much better flowing. Having KSW play there was a serious tactical error by CKH.

Our 4-2-3-1 system screws up our wing play even more. With the state of our out of form wingers, i can kind of understand why our wingers are so ineffective, but the same thing happened in the Olympics when the 4-2-3-1 sort of nullified the presence of KBK and NTH. Today it happened to all our wingers except LKH. I'm not asking for a change in formation, but we need to get our wingers, where we have some of the most talent, more involved.

CKH has shown he can change, unlike CKR. Sure, he might not have subbed off LDG during the Uzbek game, but at least he dropped him for this game, and Lee Jung Soo too. I'm sure (or at least hoping) that he'll realize by the next game that the long-ball tactic and starting KSW are bad ideas.

I hope HMB will get the managerial position ASAP, but I doubt it's likely to happen soon, so I think we'll have to stick with CKH for now.

18. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What has been the exact attendance for this game ? And was there a ghost goal for korea in the first time ?

19. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    110000+, possibly the second highest attendance record in the history of WCQs, after the Iran-Japan WCQ match in 2005.

20. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And was there a ghost goal for korea in the first time ?

21. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And was there a ghost goal for korea in the first time ?

22. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The ball never crossed the line.

23. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    So guys,

What's the story behind these cartoons that were printed in the Korean media before the match? Ironically, it looks like they were actually picking on Nekounam... :laugh:

[​IMG]

24. napolisoccer

napolisoccer Member

NYCFC - Napoli
    Feb 20, 2005
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy