2014 FIFA World Cup qualification (AFC)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by hammad_friend, Jul 29, 2011.

1. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Must win the match against Oman in Riyadh and collect all the 3 points ... draw will bring pressure and scenario to win the last match against Australia in Australia ... Losing the match will mean end of dream for Saudi Arabia to be in Brazil in 2014 FIFA WC.

So,

Avoid losing & drawing the match, and must go for a win ... I don't know how KSA beats Ali Habsi but they have to do it !!!

2. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    قررت إدارة المنتخب السعودي الأول لكرة القدم تطبيق عقوبة على بعض اللاعبين الذين صدرت منهم بعض التجاوزات في المباراة الماضية أمام تايلاند وهم الثلاثي نواف العابد، واحمد عطيف، وحسن معاذ، من مكافأة الفوز لما بدر منهم في المباراة.

وقال مدير المنتخب السعودي خالد المعجل: "سنعود لمتابعة المباراة مرة أخرى ورصد جميع الأحداث التي صاحبتها لأخذ القرار بمعاقبة بعض اللاعبين الذين صدرت منهم بعض التجاوزات بعقوبات مالية تتفاوت بين الحسم المادي والحرمان من مكافأة الفوز، فمثل ما اللاعب يأخذ يجب أن يعطي أيضا وأن يتم تطبيق مبدأ الثواب والعقاب على الجميع". وحول انفلات اللاعبين مع نهاية المباراة وما حدث من اللاعب نواف العابد قال المعجل:" اختلف مع من يقول إن العابد لاعب صغير فهو كبير بمستواه وعطائه وليس صغيرا لأنه وصل للمنتخب الأول حاليا وكان يجب أن لاتصدر منه مثل هذه التصرفات هو وبعض زملائه لأن المنتخب متقدم بالنتيجة، والعابد اعتذر لنا عما بدر منه خلال وجبة العشاء بعد المباراة وهذا امر يشكر عليه، ولكن هناك ملايين يحتاجون أيضا للاعتذار من جميع اللاعبين الذين صدرت منهم تصرفات خاطئة". وطالب المعجل لاعبي المنتخب بالتركيز على المواجهة المقبلة أمام عمان ونسيان المباراة الماضية حتى نسير بالطريق الصحيح نحو التأهل بإذن الله".

من جهة ثانية بدأ المنتخب السعودي مساء أمس تدريباته الاستعدادية لمواجهة عمان يوم "الثلاثاء" على استاد الملك فهد الدولي إذ عقد المدرب فرانك ريكارد اجتماعا لأكثر من ثلث ساعة باللاعبين قبل بداية التدريبات التي شارك بها جميع اللاعبين في ظل جاهزيتهم وعدم إصابة أي لاعب. من جهة أخرى وصلت بعثة منتخب عمان مساء أمس إلى الرياض على متن طائرة خاصة وسيؤدي المنتخب العماني تدريباته مساء اليوم (الاحد) على استاد الأمير فيصل بن فهد بالرياض.

3. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Can anyone translate this into English for non-Arabic speaking fans ...

4. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    ^^

Nawaf al-Abed, Hassan Mo'ath and Ahmad Otaif were fined and denied their match bonus for the role they played in the violence at the end of the match.

5. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Aussies won there match against Thailand.Which means Saudi needs win against Oman to qualify.

6. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    A full house only in second round of qualifiers.Amazing!!!

7. muzzamil

muzzamil Member

Dec 10, 2005
    chicago, il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    40 mins 0-0, whats with the long balls??

8. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    HT -KSA 0-0 Oman.
    The players must stop being selfish.

9. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn the Omani goalkeeper is awesome - how confident would you guys be getting only a draw in this match? Seems a bit reminiscent to N.Korea match in Riyahd last WC cycle...

10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    We played really worst.Long balls all over the game.Dont know what bad omen our team owns to the GK of Oman for which we have not scored past him since three games.Oman might be contended with the draw or may be they came with a play for draw to try there lady luck in the last match.
    So the last match scenario is like this-
    Oman-Thailand Draw then Saudi needs only a point to qualify.Either teams win then KSA needs to win in Australia.All and all as the match between Oman and Thailand will be played lately the team must go out for a win and finish the job.
    Now Sleepless night till February.

11. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Saudi Arabia could still progress from the group with a loss, if Oman and Thailand draw. Unless they loose with a six goal (or more) margin in its last match against Australia, but that is rather unlikely.

12. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't think we played badly at all. The long ball strategy wasn't bad either, we just lacked that final touch to get a player free in the box.

13. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudia played better with 2 stikers as attack was much effective during that time.

Now the question is:

Will Saudi Arabia be able to qualify to the 4th round by beating Australia in Australia?

If KSA cannot beat a less tough team like Oman, as compared to Australia, in Riyadh in front of home crowd then how many of you expect KSA to win in Australia ? ...

14. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cause Australia have nothing to play for...

15. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    If I've read Australia mentality right then Aussies will try to eliminate KSA in Round 3 as they will never want to have the probability of meeting this tough opponent in the next round again.
    Aussie will prefer Thailand or Oman over KSA so Aussie will try to win or draw the last match...

Also, KSA is in the same situation in which Iran was in the last world cup 2010 qualifyer where Iran needed to win the last game against South Korea in Korea and hope for a saudi draw or loss in Riyadh. But eventually, Iran drew the match. However, KSA also drew the match against North Korea in Riyadh so, it was the North Korean who sat on top of Iran & Saudi Arabia.

I feel that Thailand will be a surprise package in the last fixture if KSA looses or draws its last match against Australia and who knows, may be Thais might find a lucky goal and qualify to the next round in this scenario.

KSA is facing this situation because of the following reasons:

1. KSA failed to get maximum points from home games. KSA only got 4 points out of maximum 9 points from home game and lost 5 valuable points for home games. 1 loss, 1 draw, 1 win = 4 points.
    2. KSA did not win at least 1 away game out of 3 games. KSA only managed a draw where KSA should have had at least won the game against Thailand and could have had secured 3 points there. KSA only managed to get 2 points of 6 points from the 2 games played so, KSA lost 4 valuable points.
    3. Now, KSA should go for a win and 3 valuable points in the last game against Australia !!! ...

Rikkard have played with 1 forward from the beginning of match so far in most of the game played till today.

He should now play KSA with minimum 2 forwards & 2 attacking mid-fielders in the last game of the round 3 against Australia to have some hope of win. Otherwise, it's bye bye to WC 2014 in Brazil for KSA, I am afraid.

16. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It wasnt bad but only thing sucked is the team only relied on long balls in the whole match.The same scenario occured in the Thailand match too but the approached changed in the second half and we managed to score 3 goals.If the team thinks to play the same against Aussies and mange to beat them in air then only dreams can make it true.

17. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi Arabia lacked attempt on goal from long-distance and never tested the goal keeper from long-distance shot. Saud Karriri is known for his strong shots on goal from long-distance but he didn't attempted any shot on target during any games. Infact, non of the Saudi players attempted any strong and / or long-distance shots on target for testing the keeper at least in any game.

Some shots, few of the players did try, went into Orbit.

18. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    oh great now we must defeat Australia in their home

19. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Moreover guys, I won't be able to watch the match in Feb/Mar 2012 so I suggest that each Saudi Fan should add each other on the Black Berry Group and update the group with any latest news and scores, but in English only for non-arabic speaking like me to understand properly.

I'll start this by writting my BB pin here so all of you can send me the add request (mention your big soccer forum's name in the invitation) and I'll do the needful. Just update the score during KSA vs Australia's live match when they play as I will not be having any internet (as it is blocked in office to visit sports sites) or tv access during the match.

My BB Pin: 21291FD0

20. serro

serro Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    i dont have a bb :(

21. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Thailand and Oman have given Aussie much tougher matches than Saudi Arabia. They'd want Saudi Arabia to come along, not a team like Oman which actually beat them.

Because long distance shots are a good way to lose possession easily. Saud Khariri is not Seedorf, you can't expect him to hit accurate long range shots every time.

22. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yeah, as well: we can't call up as many regulars because it's a non-FIFA date and we'll probably be giving the U23s game time in preparation for the Olympics (this is what we did against China in 2010 qualifying, the game ended 0-1).

23. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Most probable is that Australia will call up the best A-League XI for there match against KSA.If this happens it wont be easy again.

24. PinoyMarauder

PinoyMarauder Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Philippines/Canada
    I honestly think that if saudi dont qualify to the third round, it would do them better in the long-run.

It doesn't seem like they learned from 2010 just yet..

25. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    It depends, will the fire Rijkaard? If not, then they have learned. If they do, then they will not have learned.