2014 FIFA World Cup™ Quarter-Finals: France vs Germany|Fri, Jul 4, 12:00 PMET

Discussion in 'World Cup 2014 - Knockout Rounds' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jul 2, 2014.

?

Team to Advance

Poll closed Jul 3, 2014.
  1. France

48.7%
  2. Germany

51.3%
  1. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #276 Borussia, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
    Well, maybe South Americans are better prepared for playing at noon time under such weather conditions. For European teams, it's obviously not that easy.

I don't think "Argentina vs Switzerland" was more exciting (except for the last couple of minutes in extra-time).

jerrito repped this.
  2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I suppose many fans of other countries would be very happy to reach a semi-final for the 4th time in a row. ;-))

3. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Sure but once a while a win would help. Frankly to be always so close would bother me

jerrito repped this.
  4. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Well, it's not like Germany hasn't won it yet. What shall the Dutch say? ;-))

jerrito repped this.
  5. magisterlucius

Nov 10, 2003
    Roseburg, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This match was a lot like I thought it would be but I didn't expect it to be á la main so early. 1-0 is difficult because you aren't that far out of it so no need for change for the offense. For the defense 1-0 is uncomfortable and something to defend with your life. As the minutes started to add up Deschamps was bon gré, mal gré and then it was too late. C'est la vie France. Bon voyage!

jerrito repped this.
  6. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yes. And I would also take a large amount of confidence that France are building, and have perhaps erased the memory of 2010, something my country could not do. :sick:

7. magisterlucius

Nov 10, 2003
    Roseburg, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #282 magisterlucius, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
    I like the direction France is going. They are a very strong team now and I think they are only going to be better. I was really happy to see the team unity because that was something I feel was holding this team down for way too long. I only saw the Italy v. England match at this WC and have to say that it was one of the best match at this WC. Italy also looked very good at the Euros. I have never cheered for Italy in my life but couldn't help but doing so during the Euros and this WC. It will take time to adjust for Italy and I am confident that the results will come but first let us see how Italy deals with replacing some of their key but aging pieces.

jerrito repped this.
  8. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That is why we are trying to bring you to our side! ;)

9. magisterlucius

Nov 10, 2003
    Roseburg, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Funny, Jerrito. I am always on the side of well played exciting football. I just hope Italy is patient with the results. I think the results will come but I fear Italy will revert to its nasty, snide side before it happens. I look forward to Italy winning something the right way. BTW respect to Baggio, what a wonderful human being.

jerrito repped this.