2014 FIFA Ballon d'Or

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Blondo, Oct 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I dunno, its pretty obvious CR7 cares about the award a lot. And theres nothing wrong with that.

2. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    I was talking about leadleader saying that Dazer assumed that he (leadleader) cares about the award then turns around and makes the same assumption back at Dazer. He's funny like that.

3. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh, my mistake.

4. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    #1729 EdgarAllanPoet, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    This years award for "Level Headed Messiphile" goes to:..............................

Jaweirdo!

For showing humility and grace in defeat.

Bada Bing
    gets: "Most Suicidal"

leadleader takes home the: "This Trophy Doesn't Mean Anything" award.

Greatstriker
    wins for: "OMG!! Anybody but Ronaldo!! This Is Stupid, I'm Going To Tag 10 Peolpe To See If They Agree With Me" award.

James
    gets the trophy for:"Trash Everything About Ronaldo All Year, Then Claim He Deserved It All Along"

Pipiolo
    wins the "How Can I Make Another Argument For The World Cup To Convince These People??" trophy

And Finally! Bocafan. You are now the owner of the highly coveted, intensely sought after:

"Surely Messi's Ballon D'Ors Were More Valid, Important, Accurate and Impressive"
    Award.

Congratulations to all of tonight's winners. Tune in next year for the 2nd annual "Bigsoccer-Messiphile-D'Or" presentations.

5. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Congratulate Cristiano Ronaldo on winning the 3rd Ballon d'or (i'm too late).
    Also,Inesta is in the team of the year is a big joke

verde-rubro and JamesBH11 repped this.
  6. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    Winning the Golden Foot over Ronaldo was a bigger joke.

Ozora repped this.
  7. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    It's also surprise that Messi is 2nd,not Neuer despite the fact that he was the best player comparing to Ronaldo by people.
    And Inesta had a poor performance at Barca 2014,a terrible performance at world cup,still is in the team of the year.Inesta is truely type of a player who always is considered as one of best even though he played badly or well

EdgarAllanPoet repped this.
  8. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    and let me add : EdgarAllenpoet. seems get lost here, a Football forum, not political BS forum

For your info, in case you will fail to prove your BS claim of mine (post_)

Yes all year, when CR7 fan boys tried to put him up to Eusebio or Pele = deserved huge thrash
    now in winning ballon dor of this weak era: whoelse but either Messi or CR7 to win it ? LOL so easy guess no sweat and too bad I am alwyas right

Pipiolo repped this.
  9. leadleader

leadleader Member+

Aug 19, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #1734 leadleader, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    So wait. I'm not allowed to voice my opinion about how much full of shit the award is now compared to five years ago, because I don't really care about the award to begin with? Brilliant.

NOTE

Funny how you see "irony" in everything but not when you read the term "Poet" being self-associated by a poster like yourself. Even more irony? Yes. The fact that the added reference of Edgar Allan Poe is even more ironic than the term "Poet" would be by itself.

Pipiolo repped this.
  10. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    well I am not surprised (Messi just edged Neuer with a few votes) but over all calendar year I have to agree Messi >> Neuer ( overrated thanks to the WC winning )

11. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    greatstriker11, leadleader and JamesBH11 repped this.
  12. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    wow ... what a big mess
    (only if those fan boys understood football like me LOL) they would never have to do such crazy thing ... so obvious ... CR7 would win and he did - why bother

In other hand if Messi would score from QF to final WC and win for Argentina, no matter if CR7 scores 116goals (not 61) Messi would get it

13. DazerII

DazerII Member

May 27, 2011
    Did you feel the same in 2010? But let me not spoil this AA meeting with history
    Let us be honest here. We are talking about a guy who have been posting countless novels with weird theories trying to convince others how CR's performance doesn't merit Ballon d'Or and all of a sudden he doesn't care about the award! It is one thing to say I don't care about the award and another thing to turn around and write literally close to 100 Long comments arguing why a certain player (CR7 to be specific) doesn't deserve the award.

Ironically the argument was started pretentiously as if the reason CR doesn't deserve it is because clearly he hasn't been performing well since the injury, and it is clear to see that as that sort of injury is difficult to overcome blah blah blah. From that theory it moved to Messi's performance has been clearly better because of the number of assists he was having at that time. The moment CR passed Messi with assists the argument took another direction.

It was now the time for the famous exercise of subtracting the goals of CR in the CL to show his 17 goals record was not impressive and most of them were useless...Then went to Madrid would have still won without him because they are clearly strong even though they came #3 in La Liga...Then the denial of easy WC group for Argentina...Then the famous 4 goals + 1 assist >>> 17 goals + 5 assist.

Fast forward to the 12th of Jan 2015...this guy had mysterious knee injury that somehow disappeared at the beginning of La Liga, he won because of inflated stats, image, scoring against weak oppositions. Is this the evidence of a rational football fan who doesn't care about the award??

14. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Messi: Adidas
    Ronaldo: Nike
    Neuer: Nothing

15. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Neuer: FIFA (WC) LOL

Ozora repped this.
  16. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    2013 Ballon D'or
    Ronaldo: Nike
    Messi: Adiddas
    Ribery: Nothing

17. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    isnt Ribery sponsored by Nike as well?

greatstriker11 repped this.
  18. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not to mention that the voting is pretty transparent - you could see who voted for who, and there has been no evidence of Adidas or Nike buying votes from journalists or captains. Lets just kill the conspiracy theories now

19. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Neuer said that he isn't a global icon like Messi and Ronaldo. And this is pretty true.

20. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You have to earn your way there. Companies don't just arbitrarily assign humans to be the next superstar. Plus if Nike wanted they could (and they will) have a new superstar player to make them a bunch of money. First they player has to be good enough (and in this case this means better than CR7 and Messi) though.

greatstriker11, leadleader and JamesBH11 repped this.
  21. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    agree ...in the sense
    a player greatness needs proven over a period of time not a single season wonder ....
    Neuer still has time to build up his legacy

bottom line, #3 is a great achievement for a GK

22. EdgarAllanPoet

EdgarAllanPoet Member+

May 1, 2011
    "Not caring" tends to give the impression one would render no opinion. That's the exact opposite of your actions. For instance I do not care about the price of a pack of cigarettes in Puerto Rico. I can also now definitively say, I will never make 6 posts about the price of a pack of cigarettes in Peurto Rico.

Yes, Edgar Allan Poe means that I am to come to a football forum and worry if my words are poetic. You are stupid in the literal sense of the definition. I do see irony however in someone who claims to be "praised by reputable writers" whose post are filled with conjecture, irony, contradiction and factual errors. All of the traits which would make a reputable writer not "praise" you but okay...I'll play along.

23. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    it's funny that Comme reopened this thread so we could continue our argument on who is a better writer between leadleader and edgarallenpoet lol

Pipiolo and greatstriker11 repped this.
  24. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That's a very naive notion. Companies like Nike look at much more than just sporting credentials or prodigy shown as a teenager. Possessing the right nationality is one important factor coming into play, shifting the risk-assessment of how much resources they want to invest in a young player.

25. Jaweirdo

Jaweirdo Member+

Aug 19, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do you believe CR7 won the Ballon D'or because Nike helped him then?