2014 Copa Bridgestone Libertadores

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Balam, Nov 10, 2013.

1. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No flukey shit, nor refball this year. Mexican teams just sucked balls. :thumbsdown:

2. Hecho en Mexico

Hecho en Mexico Member+

Mar 22, 2002
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Welp. Just like I predicted before the tourney started. These clubs are just not good enough for International tourneys.

BTW How is Lacerda a starter for Santos? The guy is garbage.

Not with these shit teams representing us.

[​IMG]

elvasco repped this.
  3. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lacerda and Cejas both suck. I don't understand how foreigners like that keep finding work. There are plenty of Mexican players who would do the same job without taking up a foreigner spot.

Overachiever, Majin and LGRod repped this.
  4. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Promotores / Carlos Hurtado

CyberAce100 and Majin repped this.
  5. AMLO2018

AMLO2018 Member+

Monterrey
    Mexico
    Jul 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What About The "Hay Que Apoyar" Mentality? Mexican League Keeps Getting Worse, In 2011 It Was A Top 10 League,

In 2012 A #12 League
    2013 - #14
    2014- #15

[​IMG]

Shits Pathetic, Idiot Fans Keep Showing Up Weekends To The Games Despite Cluster********s by The NT & Mexican League, That's Why No Real Changes Are Made

Majin repped this.
  6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    The South American leagues have improved. I think LigaMX is a solid league, third after Brazil and Argentina in the Americas. But the distance to the second-tier CONMEBOL leagues is smaller now. Chile, Paraguay, Colombia, Ecuador have decent leagues. Even the Bolivian league has improved. Only Uruguay, Peru and Venezuela have crappy leagues.

In part it could be a result of the bad financial situation of so many clubs in Europe. Now, South American teams don't get plundered right away as soon as they start playing nice. So there is more time to develop chemistry. So, while on a worldwide level, LigaMX has improved a bit, the second-tier South American leagues have improved a bit faster.

7. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Peñarol got to the libertadores final in 2011 while Bolivar is the first Bolivian team to get to quarters (!) since 2000. Can people calm the fvck down with those 2 leagues?

Serg33 repped this.
  8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Watch the Uruguayan league. The level beyond the top three or four teams is very poor. Peñarol and Cerro, teams that used to show up in Libertadores, now are a shadow of what they used to be. Bolivia has improved because some people are investing in their teams. The Bolivar, for example, was taken over by Marcelo Claure, one of the barons of wireless services in Latin America. While they're not at the level of the second tier leagues mentioned, they're not the weakest league in the region like they used to be.

9. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Used to like all the way back to 2011? Not saying they are great but getting to a final 3 years ago is a lot more than suddenly making your first quarters in 14 years.

10. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    People on here remind me of Italians who still think Serie A is the Sh*t.

It will get worse before it gets better.

I have a bad feeling about the next decade. Tomorrow the tv shows will talk about clubs not caring ; which is bullsh*t because they do care. Especially the clubs involved this year.

Serg33 and Athazagoraphobia repped this.
  11. JJV1994

JJV1994 Member+

Jun 16, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What do you predict o sacred One????lol

12. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sporting wise I think that the last 7/8 years of violence is going to effect the number of players the country is going to produce, if it hasn't already.

But look at the youth national teams, you say?

The youth national teams have gotten better because the Federation prepares them I'd say better than any country nowadays. But the talent level hasn't got that much better if at all. They just play like a team and have more games played together than other countries do.

DGreat repped this.
  13. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I think this is the key of the improvement but implementing the youth into successful senior careers is going to be the challenge and I don't know if things are going to be there.

For example the 3rd place 2011 u20 team has given us 3 great future stars in Pulido, Reyes and Chaton and maybe having 3 guys is great but the rest of the team has had mostly average to bad results since. It almost looks to be the same case with the 2011 WC champs.

14. Athazagoraphobia

Jul 28, 2012
    Vancouver
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I think having 3 very good players per generation is a good track record NT - wise. IIRC, a while back there was a conversation about what the realistic expectations would be regarding player turnover from each generation. If every U20 WC team provided us with 2 or 3 very good players every 2 years, I think we're in great shape. The problem lies with, like you said, successfully integrating the rest of the team into the league. What would be a realistic league player turnover in that case? 60 or 70% should become average league players eventually? I'm not quite sure.

15. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No hay duda de que solamente los grandes de liga mx dan la cara por mexico.

Adrian559, Colima24 and elvasco repped this.
  16. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    2 semis and because of walter samuel they didn't get the final.

17. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    i still can't swallow this flop :(

worst thing is Tigres got a ticket for the next edition :mad:

a good one for Santos and Leon is that Cruz Azul won something so there won't be bullying for them :D

18. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I don't know if our LEAGUE has improved overall--but for sure the owners of the TOP teams have stepped up their game financially and investing in their structure to keep chruning and finding hidden gems.

Bolivar I know for sure, will keep churning out good youth because we've (since claure took over) invested in a better structure that depends on bringing youth to the table. Quinones our GK for example, was a kid we developed. That kid who was stepped on in the back by Marquez who was holding his own--17 years old and pretty good for that age and to step into a game of that caliber and do well (forgetting his name right now). That kid Arrascaita who scored a cracker of a goal vs. Ecuador in the qualifiers--Bolivar product too.

edit:

But outside of say Bolivar, Strongest and probably Oriente--our league is similar to Uruguay's where the teams struggle $$$ wise to hold on to good players and also to pay players too.

I hope this is a sign of things changing in Bolivia--becuase I think Bolivar or even the Strongest (yuck) should be representing our country as many times as they can get. It's a sad day when a La Paz FC get sent to Libertadores and get beaten to shit. Similar to sentiments on this thread--our biggest always show up in international tournaments.

19. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    What about Atlas?

20. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    FYP
    #justsaying:coffee:

21. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    +1

at least the mental midgets will take pride in beating shitty MLS teams half of the time, which now that i think of it toluca wasn't even able to do over two legs.

22. manuel84

manuel84 Member+

Oct 16, 2012
    Tatatatamaulipas
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    i wanto to watch something like this againg:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or die like them on this stage:

[​IMG]

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Three years is an eternity in football. Three years ago Barcelona was the undisputed best team in Europe, Tuca's Tigres were the best in the MX, and the potros of Atlante were a comfortable upper-half-of-the-table team.

and1football repped this.
  24. and1football

and1football Member+

Nov 10, 2009
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Liga MX will not get any better until they try to at least play more promising young players at a younger age. People in Argentina, Brazil, and Europe are already playing pro by 17 or 18.

It's also the reason why teams like Atlas and Chivas produce some of the best Mexican talent. They start them off early. Imagine if Pulido and Jimenez would have been started at 17 or 18, they would be more developed and the league would be theres. Same could be said about Peralta.

Another thing is how MX teams manage to get second rate rejects from South American countries. Obviously, some are good, but just because you're a southie does not mean you're going to kill the league.

I would rather they get European rejects, possibly from Spain. They need to scout for unwanted La Masia players, or Madrid rejects. I think it would help the league somewhat. Also getting some European coaches.

And last, they need to shop in their own backyard. There's plenty of talent in the liga de ascenso, a lot of jems in the rough. Some were probably rejected by big clubs because some are too poor to stay in the basicas, or sometimes it's just politics. Whatever the case, the Liga MX is way underachieving.

But whatever, venting never produces anything anyway.

manuel84, icybauer, Majin and 3 others repped this.
  25. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    never gonna happen in Mexico, chivas tried to do that and got destroyed by the press.
    that is why Cubo Torres is in MLS and el tronko De Nigris is at chivas experiencia y jerarquia.