2014 College Soccer Season (Generic Thread)

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by WPS_Movement, Aug 22, 2014.

1. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Feel free to post anything and everything throughout the season in this thread. It seems every thread is attributed to a single team for discussion, but there's no regular season thread for all NCAA talk as the season unfolds.

As of right now, UCLA is looking dominant against Maryland, up 2-0 after the first 30 minutes.

2. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  3. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
  4. New Engalnd Nellie

Mar 6, 2008
    Not surprising given UCLA returns 10 starters and Maryland graduated their leading scorer and the second leading scorer transferred and returns only 5 or 6 starters. More concerning is the fact many of their attacking players are chronically injured Anthony, Galanti, Prior-Brown. When it rains it pours. Hopefully it will be a more level playing field on Sunday.

5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    31 total fouls today in the BYU vs. Baylor match. Go figure.
    Any match that includes Baylor is bound to be a "Foul-a-rama".

6. wsoc2008

wsoc2008 Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Well, I'd normally agree, but Baylor is 7th of 9 BIG 12 teams in fouls thru 9/2/2014. 2 games at home and 2 games in Utah, so not sure about whether they are getting homer ref calls or non-calls.

7. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Over the past few years, they have been the closest thing possible to a dirty soccer team (for a college team).
    Not saying they were dirty, but the closest thing to it out of all the universities.

8. Glove Stinks

Glove Stinks Member+

Jan 20, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    For what its worth...in the first four games of the season Baylor has commited 32 fouls to its opponents 43. Not saying Baylor isn't a physical team, but their reputation gets overblown.

9. wsoc2008

wsoc2008 Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Baylor deserves it's foul reputation, but seems to have tamed it a little this year so far. As you can see here:
    http://www.big12sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&ATCLID=1515197
    Baylor led the Big 12 for fouls in 2012 and was 2nd last year.
    I think 2012 set their reputation. They had 296 fouls vs the next most at 218. In addition, they had 20 yellows. The next most that year was 14. 20 yellows is inexcusable, as is the 296 fouls. I know there are other teams that foul more, but I think it's inexcusable.

10. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Baylor committed 17 fouls against BYU.
    That is too many in one 90 minute collegiate game (it did not go to overtime).

11. Wayne Famous

Wayne Famous Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not seen Baylor yet this season, but they have been very dirty the past few seasons. Embarrassingly so at times. Teams are on to them now so their opponents are probably a bit better about avoiding fouls and foul situations.

12. bmoline

bmoline Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Champaign
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the database of schedules, RPI, etc. that used to be at nc-soccer.com. I saw it linked somewhere but forgot to bookmark it. Thanks.

13. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. bmoline

bmoline Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Champaign
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Whatever happened to the nc-soccer.com website?
    It doesn't load up anymore.

16. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
  17. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Duke vs. Penn State match was nuts.

18. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    The guy that ran it shut it down, but was nice enough to share the stats software with Chris Henderson (from allwhitekit.com) so he set it up at a new site.

19. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss soccerinfo this year. Hopefully the new sites appreciate the role of the archives the way soccerinfo and nc-soccer always did! Soccerinfo had archives for over ten years running, and included all six divisions!

20. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I know it's a couple months away but can anyone please tell me the game start times for the Women's College Cup in Boca Raton, FL on Friday Dec 5th this year, 2014?

I'm looking at flights and don't want to miss the start time for the first game but I don't want to get up at 3:00 am to catch a plane out of Chicago either.

Or where I can find this information?

21. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Not sure it is available yet. The NCAA site has this.

Espn is no better.

But the NCAA women's college cup site does have a link that says " contact us"

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/fau/EN/buy/details/2014CCUP

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  23. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Where the heck did Cali Farquharson come from? She's been very dangerous tonight against UCLA.