2014 CCC Game #2 vs DC United (R)

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mister Obvious, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Date: Wednesday, February 26th
    Time: 7:15 PM
    Video Stream:
    Audio Stream: http://www.charlestonsportsradio.com/index.php/extensions/sports-radio-1450-am

Getting this one started early, since this game is for the coveted "Coffee Pot Cup." This year might be one of our better chances to reclaim the Cup. Unfortunately for the DC fans, THEIR coach requested, that they play us on Wednesday night, so he can rest his starters and play more of his reserves. Hopefully, this can play out to our advantage, but it's bad for the fans, who want to travel down, but can't do it for a midweek game. I'll let Mikey and/or Fat Bastard fill in the history of the Coffee Pot Cup, since they're the ones, who usually get stuck paying for the winner's beer.

Mikey mouse repped this.
  2. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suck it Battery!!!!!

I only get to have that feeling once maybe twice a year, the rest of the time I'm almost as big of a fan as the rest of you :D

I feel responsible for the Battery loss Saturday nite, y'all were tied almost the entire time I was drinking in the Three Lions. By the time we had walked down the stairs to enjoy the end of the game with The Regiment those bastards had gone up by 1 :(
    Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Mister Obvious repped this.
  3. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear the 3 Lions is a good pub. Is that a good place to grab a bite prior to the game on Wednesday? The wife and I are in close proximity to Charleston, and look forward to finally attending a Charleston/DCU game.

4. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I bought my pub pass they told me that pre-game was only for regular members

6. CorbinSC

CorbinSC Member

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wooo that's what I'm talking about Battery. I was watching online after work and it was already 1-0 DC. Missed our goal cause the stream cut out, but whatever. So who got to drink out of the Cup? Everyone?

7. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the cost of fillingthe cup was shared by both this year

CorbinSC repped this.