2014 AFC U-19 Championship - Myanmar

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by tato_Top, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    This year's Korean squad is arguably one of the best in recent years in terms of attack, but I do not know what to expect in defence... hopefully they can manage to get out of it as this is one of the most difficult groups that I've seen Korea's been in (Vietnam's golden group & Japan/China is always tough) at this stage. And even after that, this group likely has one of either Iraq or NK in the quarterfinals (both traditionally very strong at this age level) so overall this will be quite a challenge.

2. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    At this level of play the defenses aren't great...these kids can almost always make unexpected errors. So, no worry, important it's to score more than the opponent.

3. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This is the correct squad for the torunament. The Wiki page for the Chinese squads rarely gets updated, some are a couple of years old, usually only the Senior NT's page gets updated once in a while.

Radu Razvan and OPSK repped this.
  4. OPSK

OPSK Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Thanks for confirming. So yea looks like Group C is the group of death of this year's tournament.

5. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    South Korea trashed Vietnam, while Iran surprisingly lost to Thailand, 1-2.

6. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Wow, did not expect the Iran-Thailand result.

7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Iran isn't so good at youth level in these days. Also, a poor performance at Asian Games by U23 team.

guccigoal repped this.
  8. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Some sick goals in the Japan/China game today:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Why isn't this guy banned yet?

10. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq 6-0 Oman
    Uzbekistan 3-1 Indonesia

Nurafshon repped this.
  11. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Irak remains the same strong team at youth level.

Nurafshon repped this.
  12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    A lot of these players played in the 2012 AFC U16 Championship and 2013 U17 World Cup

Nurafshon and Radu Razvan repped this.
  13. Chaminator

Chaminator Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #38 Chaminator, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Iraq as strong as usual at this level... as much as NK is also a very tricky match for SK, I'd rather have them than Iraq for the all important quarterfinals.

Seriously, I hate this single elimination to decide the WC spot thing... should be two legged or just round robin or something like that...

Edit: Just realized now that NK LOST to Qatar 3-1... it looks that Qatar's pretty good as well here...

14. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  15. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #40 Mussab86, Oct 10, 2014
    Wow this idoit kid is still hanging on peoples thoughts.
    You know what I should start South Korean overaged players thread and make it as reference. Tell me mr ed lee what kind of cream do your players use on their faces to cover thier ages? No one noticed that the south korean players faces whiter than their bodies? Hell yeah lets start this one.
    Or maybe i dont give a damn about your players.

What a sore loser

shinović89 repped this.
  16. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Just put him on your ignore list my friend... No one on the Korean forum besides Ed gives a damn about the overage player issue with Iraq.

Mussab86 repped this.
  17. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    You know what, you are right and that's what I will do.

18. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i honestly have no words for this comment. Iraqi football fans in their own forum are admitting to this practice, and i hate cheating. this is honestly a serious issue that needs to get fixed. iraq does not deserve to advance in tournaments in the expense of other teams that are honest

19. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    #44 Mussab86, Oct 10, 2014
    Iraqis talk all the time
    Only Theories
    No solid and official proof

Good news is but I really don't have the time to give you sources about how our FA managed to be like crystal clear about this issue to the media by reveling the true results of the age testing on live media and social network websites. They even showed who have passed the tests and who didn't (which 5 players failed the tests and immediately banned from the Iraqi teams because it was personal doings) and not only that but also our FA asked any one who knows any player that might faked his DOB can give the details for the official people in the FA so that our FA can do the right measurement against the players who might faked their DOB.
    We Iraqis are happy that our FA is clear to the media about this thing because we had enough of people who give theories and we had enough of the people who believe this theories.
    Now since you seem to me dont have a job and only digging in Iraqi forums, how about you give an extra efforts and dig more about what i just mentioned above. I really dont have time to bring the sources and translate them for you.

Good Luck

One last thing
    Stop being the idiot one here

20. Amir14

Amir14 Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    That's nothing new. Iran tends to underperform at any youth level. Maybe we are like Germany of Asia. The Germans always fail at U-21 Euro despite their success at senior level. Our U-19 side has reached the semi-finals at this competition only once (2000) in the last 20 years. But at senior level we are always one of the bests in Asia that can humiliate the Koreans at home and away. Calm down, success at youth level doesn't translate to success at senior level especially at U17 and U19 level.

21. dhock

dhock New Member

Jul 26, 2014
    Myanmar 3-0 Thailand
    Yemen 1-0 Iran

South Korea 0-0 China
    Japan 3-1 Vietnam

Nurafshon repped this.
  22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Very discouraging to see such poor performances and results from our youth teams (U22 and U19).
    Cant say that Im optimistic about Iran qualifying for the Olympics, but then again I have never been optimistic when it comes to that.

23. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    When Koreans talk about cheating it strike a raw nerve with me.
    Look at the scandalous behavior of Korea in the Asian Games in Ulsan, where there were numerous cases of referees blatantly cheating and unfairly rewarding Korea victories.

Nurafshon, shinović89 and Suren01 repped this.
  24. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    How does this effect this championship?

25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    It doesnt