2014-2015 U12-U17 NT [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Historically.

vs the five CAF teams (Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana, and Ivory Coast) in the '14 world cup for example, we are 10-4-5. Not too shabby.

Seol Korea, Kanuck and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  2. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    especially in this age group, mental toughness will be huge

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    The funniest thing about all this pot-banging from kcore is that by the time 2010 came around, the country that used to be called Zaire was LONGGGGGGG gone. LOL....

4. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Zaire....Zambia..what's the difference right?? o_O

5. Sons of Thunder

Sons of Thunder Member+

Jun 27, 2009
    NY State of Mind
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hahaha that's exactly what I was thinking. Next on the agenda, we should discuss our troublingly poor record against Yugoslavia.

Seol Korea, skimmilk and Hodori repped this.
  6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #1206 Jitevra, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Sangmin leading Warrior charge

“As a fan, I’d rather see a 4-4 draw than a 0-0, but when I’m playing I don’t care if the match is boring to watch," Korea Republic defender and captain Lee Sangmin tells FIFA.com ahead of his side’s upcoming Round of 16 tie against Belgium. "My priority is to make sure we don’t concede a goal.”

That said, the Taeguk Warriors are the only team left in the tournament yet to concede. Discussing their clean sheets against group opponents Brazil, Guinea and England, the skipper said: “The three teams that we faced in the group phase were all pretty attack-minded. What we tried to do first and foremost was to defend well, keep things tight and then hit on the counter. It worked out pretty well, as you can see.”

Before speaking to Sangmin, FIFA.com had time for a few words with his coach Choi Jincheul, who had nothing but praise for the player: “He’s the leader of our team. He’s the one who runs everything on the pitch, and he’s the kind of player who sets an example for others to follow. I have a lot of faith in him and respect for him too.”

Read more: http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/y=2015/m=10/news=sangmin-leading-warrior-charge-2722374.html

Seol Korea, skimmilk and KyopoOhNo repped this.
  7. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    really interesting to hear him talk about sonbae culture. i wonder how he'd fare if he played for a non-korean team

8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    How tall is he?

9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Belgium are direct and create chances. They've been having trouble capitalizing but they're not a bad team and will be sending in cross after cross and making most of set pieces. Korea need to start scoring. We are not advancing if we score one goal a game.

wrecklesssoldier and jinseokyang repped this.
  10. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    There's been quite a lot actually that I've missed out on, and the number of matches watched live on TV and taped outweighs those watched live at the stadiums. And, nowhere near the 50's.

doraemon repped this.
  11. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Man this Mexican U-17 team is looking really good.

Very technically skilled and fast.

Silver lining to our bracket is that at least they're on the other side.

12. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah, watched the match vs. Chile, they are fast and play very direct if given the space. i also had to do a double take, to make sure they were on the other side of the bracket.

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Just found out France got eliminated too, such an unpredictable tournament.

Kanuck repped this.
  14. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I'm rooting for Costa Rica going to the finals and possibly earning the title.
    A long shot, sure, but man it would be great to see one of the biggest underdogs take the crown.

nmssis repped this.
  15. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Nigeria basically bulldozing everyone like it's nothing.
    If Mexico makes it past Ecuador, NGA-MEX is gonna be one hell of a game.

16. doraemon

doraemon Member+

Jan 9, 2010
    So there's been a bit of a controversy in Korea over what Choi Jin Cheol recently said about LSW in an interview:

Translation:

Q: Where does LSW currently stand?

CJC: He has strengths that other Korean players don't. However, although it's true that he's effective against Asian teams, the world stage is different. He should have recognized that through this tournament. As a Korean coach, I'm not sure if his behavior is just a reflection of his confidence, but I think that there is a problem with his attitude in training. He also doesn't train enough. To put it bluntly, he's lazy. Seungwoo says he wants to be this team's leader. A leader needs to back up his words. He needs to stay sharp both in training and day to day life.

Kanuck, dudedudedude, nmssis and 2 others repped this.
  17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I'm unsure why there should be any controversy over CJC's blunt assessment tbh. CJC has earned the right as a coach and as a national hero in his days as a player to speak bluntly in these circumstances. I'm relieved and appreciative that he did.

18. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    wow...blunt indeed.

19. sac517

sac517 Member+

May 23, 2005
    Not sure how I feel about this. Part of me wants more brash, unapologetic guys like LSW. KNT has always been a team full of robotic players who generally fall into rank-and-file, and public statements like this seem to just reinforce this perception. CJC also has to realize that this kid is 17. 17 year olds arent always in the best mental state to handle constructive criticism, especially if done publicly like this. I don't know. Doing this publicly seems a tad unnecessary.

takeuchi and skimmilk repped this.
  20. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    it's pretty disheartening that he's not training hard, even though he hasn't played for 2 years.

Hodori repped this.
  21. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

yes, but could be a good 보약 for him

22. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    dumb things to say to the media but no point crying over spilled milk. we will see how lee seungwoo reacts (hopefully not verbually)

23. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    I think there's too much emphasis on hard work and discipline in training for youth teams. If this actually worked, North Korea would have won a world cup by now(If they dont work hard, they get sent to labor camp). The better teams have really creative players, not hard working pass-dont-risk type players.

24. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nobody is saying that 'hell training' is the solution, or that LSW needs to become a robot. But football has too many big talents who became nothing because of their attitude to training and discipline, so it's tough to dismiss this as just a personality quirk.

Hodori repped this.