2016/21 Masaya Okugawa | 2014/19 Takumi Minamino @ FC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by naopon, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Goal and assist for Okugawa in the league.

seolseol repped this.
  2. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Mina also scored! 5-1.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Impressed against Liverpool again.

I would be very surprised if he's still playing for RB Salzburg next season. Maybe even a winter transfer is possible.

4. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree. He has taken huge steps this year! I dont think he will stay long.

5. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    If Minamino goes on, I think Okugawa would step up, at least at RB Salzburg.
    I still rate Okugawa's technique and dribble ability, he has potential to be much better player, even in national team.

6. marten48

marten48 Member

Jun 2, 2012
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Have to admire the confidence with which they played. No fear against Liverpool. It was even match vs. the European champions for 60 minutes. Minamino was at the center of Salzburg’s potent and threatening offense, though the end product wasn’t there this time. At the end of the day they have better chance of a deep run in the Europa League so there is a silver lining for Salzburg. I’d like to see what Minamino can do against further European opposition.

7. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Okugawa needs to strengthen himself physically.

8. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Looks like he’s joining Liverpool.

Very big transfer for Minamino. I bet Klopp asked Kagawa about him.

mushu21_2, teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. mushu21_2

mushu21_2 Member

Manchester United
    Vietnam
    Sep 1, 2018
    teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    It seems pretty real:

He will play as a sub for either Salah and Mane, and could also played as an advanced midfielder behind the 3-tops.

He will not be cup-tied for CL knockout stages as UEFA changed the rules. Good news.

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    He will be the first Japanese and Asia to be signed by Liverpool.

If Liverpool keeps their league form he will end the season with English Premier League title under his belt.

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    De fack???
    This is beyond fantasy. Klopp + EPL contender + UCL contender, I'm totally displaced by this news.

14. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If Liverpool pay 20 + 7.25 million GB pounds to get Minamino, his transfer fee will be the most expensive paid for an Asian player.

Currently, Son Heung-Min’s transfer fee to Tottenham Hotspur is the most expensive transfer fee paid for an Asian player, as they paid 22 million GB pounds.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salzburg’s sporting director confirms the ongoing negotiations with Liverpool.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  16. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Coming across this news today, I can’t stop thinking about Nakajima and how much he lost due to his bad decision-making on transfers.

During the same time last year. Wolverhampton and Leicester were reportedly interested in him, but there were doubts that he will get a guaranteed starting spot. Then he moved to Qarar in an allegedly money-laundry to facilitate his move to FC Porto.

I think it was better for him to make the jump to the EPL (if the interest in him was real) rather than doing a downgrade and losing his form and confidence in the process, as both scenarios were not risk-free.

His problem in Porto is doubled by the ill-management of the whole team by Sergio Conceição, who has no clue how to manage a football team neither to utilise the talented players he has under his disposal.

Lets hope this winter transfer window will witness a relief that will lead to a revival for the poor Nakajima.

seolseol repped this.
  17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Of course this move sounds interesting. But then reality hits and I just start thinking that he will fade away just like 98 % of the other players. Nakajima closest in mind. But a man gotta try!

18. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    From the first page.

Minamino is a great example of hardwork and years of effort paying off. Hopefully more Japanese players will learn something from him. Even if he fails, he's reached a level that few players have achieved.

teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well. Some truth to it. But those players did not have the talent to play at the biggest level. Minamino has showed it in CL , in almost every game. He deserves this chance. Most players mentioned there did not even make it minor european leagues..

teioh repped this.
  20. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    That's the main point.
    Those players simply didn't have the skill to reach european top club level, it's not some sort of curse or europe as a bad place to upgrade japanese footballers, no. Simply they were not enough gifted to play with/against european top players.
    Let's admit and accept it, they were too weak while the like of Park, Kagawa, Son and now Minamino (let's hope) have the tools to reach the top tier in football.

seolseol repped this.
  21. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great news and I believe in Klopp that he would utilize Mina in the best way possible. If the likes of Origi and Naby Keita played well under him, why not Mina?

22. Samurai Warrior

Samurai Warrior Member+

Dec 2, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Some of them had and still have the talent but lack the personality.
    For example Usami is such a talented player, but he never managed to make his mark in Europe because of his poor personality and attitude. The same could be said about Kakitani too.

GunnerTNB and HTCONEM8 repped this.
  23. HTCONEM8

HTCONEM8 Member+

AC Milan
    May 16, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Agreed. Personality and mental toughness is what the aforementioned names lack. Japanese players should show their "Samurai Warriors" traits, no pun intended :laugh:, if they really want to succeed in Europe.

Samurai Warrior and seolseol repped this.
  24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Agree. Those two were big talents. I was sure Usami would make it, and we cant say he never got the chance. He did. In many cases its up to player and we cant blame other things.

25. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Guess which Cerezo Osaka & Liverpool fan is excited?? :sneaky::sneaky:

[​IMG]