2014/17 Keisuke Honda @ A.C. Milan (ITA)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    This ain't korean drama, fella... So wipe your tears somewhere else.

2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I'm not crying...Milan is going back where Milan belong, and it will be without Honda.

3. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, only after he completely ruined by your totally incompetent and inept club.

Too bad Montella arrived too late.
    Your team only get better because of Montella, not by dropping Honda to the bench.
    Fact. Even an imbecile understand that.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I agree. Most of the Milan players are average by world standard. Montella has already shown he can punch above the weight of his team, but Milan will need to start getting world class players if they want to be a top team again.

5. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #2430 rougou, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Translation: Honda starts most games because he is the most intelligent player on the pitch and scores or creates bucket-loads of goals for JNT, even without being match fit. Similarly, Endo started some years ago because he was the most intelligent player Japan had and only one that could pull the strings. Let's not forget to mention he also ran the most, despite being one of the older players on the team. Nakamura, I don't even know where to get started..

rioliogiz repped this.
  6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Suso is much better than Honda. Paletta is better than Alex (more reliable) not to to mention Donnarumma and Romagnoli who are becoming world class players. Of course, you have to give credit to Montella for what his doing, but the quality of the squad has improved by large amount. All because the young players are growing.

7. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't know if he was completely ruined, but I'm sure he could have stayed in Russia or gone somewhere else if he wanted to. He knew Milan were already in a bad state and he'd be forced to play on the wing before he got there, so he has only himself to blame.
    As for Suso, I don't know how much better he is at attacking mid, but he is certainly much better on the wing, and he has stated himself he prefers the wing.

8. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Play in the wide area doesn't necesarrily playing as a winger. this is modern era of football we've been talking to, not 1930's football in third world country. And what kind of idiot coach force his player to play in the area he doesn't have the merit to play there. Coach job is to get the best out of the players and how to put them into the best system possible not to force his idealism out of nothing.

i.e Halilhodzic playing Honda in a right hand side of Japan NT isn't the same with Honda playing on the right hand side of Seedorf's Milan nor Mihajlovic's Milan. In Seedorf system, Honda is an out and out winger who had to provide width for the team, and that's not Honda's strength. At that time, he was missused badly. Thing is improving with Miha at helm, but suddenly that inept management fire him for no obvious reason and bring the idiot Brocchi in, and out of nothing, he benched Honda, and his system didn't work as well as Miha's. And what he's been done is stubbornly implemented his wretched system. So this is has anything to do that Honda only has himself to blame?
    Yes he's made some appaling display sometimes, but how this AC Milan managed and coached have the same share of mistakes at how Honda becoming worse and worse state like today. And not only Honda, you also have Balotelli, the greatest Italian hope after 2012, Montolivo, who played excellently for Italy in 2012, De Sciglio, Pato, and the list goes on and on.

Montella is right to bench Honda, why? because he's now in such an appaling state, and the best system possible for Milan now doesn't have place for a player with a skillset like Honda. If he is in a better shape and the most important thing, in a good state of mentality, Montella could try him as one of #8, but with his state right now it just isn't possible. The risk is too great and Montella couldn't afford to take that.
    But surely, the same thing couldn't be said for Seedorf or Brocchi reign.

9. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #2434 Dax, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Hilarious reasoning.
    Going by this logic, I can tell you that if Honda wasn't here Inzaghi would have been sacked. But obviously, that's not how it works because you don't know what happens with a certain player on the pitch, you only know what happens with the other one.
    The truth is that this year's Milan has better players overall and a better coach. One player out does not make a team "much better" unless the replacement is Messi.
    I don't remember Brocchi's Milan being better without Honda, right?

so it belongs in 5th place?

There are no imbeciles here, just opinions. Please moderate

No, he didn't. Allegri played 4-3-2-1 and that's where he played against Sassuolo. He certainly didn't expect a 4-3 comeback and a sacking. Unlucky.

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Brocchi was a clown, nobody take him seriously. As for one player don't change much...it does, especially when he's better than the previous player. Not slightly better, but a better player in every aspect.

We are fighting for a place in the champions league, we have never been in 2nd and 3rd place in a while.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    by that logic Inter was 1st last year too in december (while Milan is 5th)... it's very soon and I would be more worried to see how it goes before making statements, even if Montella is a great coach. Infact, he's doing miracles.
    Bacca is also better than Lapadula yet I don't see him playing much lately btw, so again I'm not sure about that logic. Form is fundamental.

12. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Bacca is playing awfully in the past few weeks...he wants to leave but rejected offers from China and european clubs are not going to make offers for him atm, so it's complicated.

Edit: Milan is 5th with one game less, would be 3rd with a win.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can all wonder what might have been if he hadn't made odd club choices and been free from the meniscus and Graves' disease issues. I still find it impressive how far he's come mostly on his will and ambition without otherworldly talent.

I only wish Honda had played for a good coach in a cohesive team. It might have stoked his passion for the game a bit more.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah I wonder if he has passion today. Looking at his role in the club.

15. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sorry for my bad language. It's just too hard for me understand the logic of benching one player suddenly made the team better or vice versa.

16. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    There is a logic. Suso compared to Honda is like Robben, huge difference.

17. Interiores

Interiores Member

East Tokyo United
    Japan
    Jun 3, 2016
    Japan
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok so i just have to make "agree to disagree" with you, your logic for me is just too, well, how i should put it, lacking depth and refinement.

@naopon: Honda has a Grave's disease? That's new for me.

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, Suso to Robben and Romagnoli is world class? Good to see that there are more delusional fans than the British.

Dax, teioh and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Romagnoli is a world class defender, yes. We are going to talk about this in a few years.

As for Suso...is better than Honda in every aspect.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Romagnoli plays for a washed up team in a washed up league. By definition he can't be a world class player.

Suso is pretty sh*t, that's why he got shipped from Liverpool to Milan in the first place, so comparing him to Robben is a joke in itself. He could be better than Honda, whatever, it's like saying my sh*t is less smelly than yours.

So? When you start talking about 'ifs' in football... :rolleyes:

teioh and seolseol repped this.
  21. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm not sure what you are arguing here. You basically support my point that Honda should have known he'd be played out of position at the time he joined Milan, when Seedorf was in charge.

22. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't think he has admitted it but its basically a given, seeing his bulging eyeballs and the fact that he had surgery on his neck.

23. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
  24. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    In case you didn't realize he's free to leave if his agent brings an offer on the table. But it's obvious that things are much easier in the summer.

25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yes, he's very likely to stay until end of the season.