2014/16 Yoichiro Kakitani @ FC Basel 1893 (SUI)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by naopon, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Epitome990, takeuchi, KiarashM and 4 others repped this.
  2. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Good first europe move.....i think.

3. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    June 2018. Means a lot.

4. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    This has to be the capper on idiotic pointless European transfers. Nihon no sakka wa mo dame. I'm done. I'm just done. They have ********ed things up on a psychological and sociological level so deeply that there is no coming back. Japanese soccer as a meaningful independent entity has ceased to exist. There are countries that have joke national leagues (eg, the Netherlands), and countries that have joke national teams (eg, England), but Japan is the only major country where they are both jokes, and not only that, jokes that are becoming more ludicrous and less funny with every passing year. The JFA is run by idiots, the J-League is run by idiots, the players are idiots, and the fans are idiots. I've decided to just forget the last decade and remember Japanese soccer in its golden years at the turn of the millennium. I'm going to bust out my old match tapes and live in the past, when there was vision and hope and enthusiasm and honor. Farewell BigSoccer Japan forum. You won't miss me and I won't miss you.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  5. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
  6. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    nice to see that Kakà confirms this being the perfect transfer it is!

Congrats Yoichiro, pretty hyped to see you. Now all I need is Lugano in the Super League and I can come to see you live... :p (not happening I know haha).
    Jokes apart, looking forward to see you in Champions' League.

yes, he is going to play one last game for Cerezo in JLeague I think against Frontale, 15th July

Radu Razvan repped this.
  8. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    ah, the game postponed due to the AFC CL.

9. -Kodemari

-Kodemari Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Trento, Italy
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dax giving away infos on the mods' secret base location

10. leerooney

leerooney Member

May 8, 2014
    Hanoi
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd prefer Viola because in that way I could keep track of him and watch him play every week. :p
    FCB's better for his development though.

11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i don't get why some of you are complaining considering he'll play Champions League each season. he is young enough to continue his development, adapt to European culture & football for 2 or 3 season before he moves on to one of the big leagues.

edit: at the same time, i'm disappointed of losing talented crop of youngsters each season without Cerezo winning a title :mad:

scotch17 repped this.
  12. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Swiss league ain't that good, if he remains stucked in it, don't know how will he feel. I would prefer if he went along with Yamaguchi to Serie A, they can help each other adapt.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ah don't be mistaken, it's just Kakà complaining.

btw, taken from Basel's site:

President Bernhard Heusler: "We have tried for half a year to get Kakitani. He was courted by several other European clubs, so we are happy that he has chosen FCB. "

He will feel good playing Champions' League.

14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Champions League will probably end in December for Basel. It's an ok move, nothing to get absolutely excited about.

15. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think it really matter where him play. He already in Europe and champions league. As long as he perform well he will get offer from bigger club. Basel is known for developing great player and send them off to big club (shaqiri and salah).

But I really wished he move to seria a or bundesliga. It's hard to watch him play in Swiss league.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  16. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    But they can play in EL. And why not UCL next year? They are a experienced and they can go in the elimination round. Sure, they need a bit of luck at the draws.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  17. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Out of all the teams he chooses Basel?

18. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    So what's the problem now?
    I don't understand you Kaka, what do you mean? Basel is not enough? Japanese player need to point bigger club? Or on the contrary they must stay in JLeague?

19. Basilea1893

Basilea1893 Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Club:
    FC Basel
    Hello guys im from Basel Switzerland

i think that was a good step for kakitani's career if he does well he can still go to a bigger Team in Europe
    but i guess he needs time to adapt to european Football too and usually at big Teams you don't have that time
    a couple of bad games and you will be on the bench for a good while

i don't know what you guys know about my local Team so i thought i 'd give you some facts and figures

FC Basel is currently at nr. 17 of the UEFA Club ranking
    http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/club/index.html

we've Won the swiss league 5 times in a row
    we've Played Champions League Group stage for the past 2 years
    and Europe League we have gone through to semi and quarter finals

we've got at present 12 National squad player's (including Kakitani)
    6 of them went to World Cup

on a average we have 26'000 spectators on home games (swiss leauge)

usually the good Player staying 2 years and then move on that means we've to have a very good scouting since we lose about 4-5 of our best Players every year so far 2014 year only

Goal Keeper : Yan Sommer --> Gladbach
    Left Winger : Valentin Stocker --> Hertha Berlin
    Defender : Kay Voser ---> Fullham
    Right Winger:M.Salah ----> Chelsea Fc

Marcelo Diaz preformed very well at the World Cup for Chile so he's on the Radar of Inter Mailand

I hope Kakitani's another rising star

Kind regards

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Just like when they eliminated United right
    Besides, even then it would be a hefty 6 potential matches already, which is not bad, and that's not even including extra Europa League matches if they get third in the group (last year they lost against Valencia in QFs in extra time).

Personally, I wouldn't care even if he didn't move anymore, but of course I'm curious to see if he can get higher.

Werder Bremen was better? :unsure:

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I said will, I'm challenging my insane foreseeing skills once again. I hope he he locks a starting position for the whole season, which is not going to be easy since his ideal position on the pitch is still to be uncovered for me.

22. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Indeed @Basilea1893 it would be interesting to know what formation Basel uses, but I guess it's too early since I saw that a new coach (Paulo Sousa) was just appointed. Curious pick.

23. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #23 Blue-San, Jul 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. soccerfanfromcanada

Jun 18, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    After thinking about it I think Basel was his best option. He can establish himself in a relatively weak Swiss League for future moves while being able to play against high caliber teams in the CL and EL. With Werder Bremen he would have played good teams on every day basis but would not get the experience of playing in the CL.