2014/16 Junya Tanaka @ Sporting Club de Portugal (POR)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Half Europe should go for him. His stats are awesome. He should be really the Nr 1-2 in Lissabon

28 games - 7goals- 6 assists = This means a scoring point every 2,1 game but look how many minutes he stands on the pitch !

1162 minutes he played = 12,9 games.

So 13 games and for this time 7 goals and 6 assists are incredible strong. Every 89 Minutes he scored/asissted, every game also ! That is a absolutely top count.

+ he can shoot freekicks and penaltys, he is fast, he is big,strong, solid technique and is not bad in headers.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  2. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Samurai Warrior repped this.
  3. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Too bad no one goes for him :(

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the problem wasn't receiving offers, but probably suitable ones for both Sporting and him (so rejected from turkey, uae etc)

5. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    So what options is left now??

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    fight for an unlikely place until january, I guess?

7. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I really don`t get it why no club in Germany,England,Spain or Italy want him.

There was the rumour 3-4 weeks ago that he might change to the Bundesliga. I think there were some clubs who are interested in him. Other scenario is not possible cause he was more or less a beast at Lissabon with his limited playtime.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sometimes you can't want a player you don't even know to begin with... that's an agent's work. The rumors to Bundesliga could have been for the 2nd division maybe, or maybe did not materialize.
    Actually, as many people were suggesting, the thing I was really expecting was a loan to another portoguese club.

However, maybe Tanaka and his agent went the "if you don't want me, then you'll have to sell me" way, to prevent a loan every year for the rest of his contract (or at least until JJ is in charge).
    Whatever, in the end now we'll see what he does in january.

9. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah, fight to January and the start over again I guess.

10. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    A Bola wrote that Rayo Vallecano is interested in transfering him to Madrid.

datschge and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  11. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I just hope he plays regularly in January. In Europe that is.

Whispered11 repped this.
  12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    To be precise, they are asking for him on loan.

13. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    He might as well give it a shot since he is not having much playing time at the moment but I think it won't be much different for him in terms of playing time tho.

14. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Why that ? He showed how genius he is last season. He should be a sure startet eben at Sporting, it is a shame. Look at his incredible crazy stats last season.

In a little lower club, he should be the super boss.

15. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    Rayo is not a lower level club, maybe lower than Lisbon. I just feel that he may not be a starter there for sure, like Inui.

16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Probably wouldn't start for sure, but "won't be much different for him in terms of playing time" compared to never playing seems a bit exaggerated... if they're asking for him, they probably would want to try him.

17. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    Inui was starting the first 5 games and now he sits on the bench 2 times, this says nothing. I think Takashi made a good impact, thats why Barcelonas coach said that he loves Inui and he is one of his favorite players before the match against Eibar.

Rayo is in compare to Sporting a 2nd or 3rd league club.He should be Ronaldo there. Tanaka only gets no playing time cause the coach still think he doesnt fits in the system/doesn like him but when you look on his last season stats you see that he is an superb striker who can even be a starter in a better team like Sporting when he gets the trust.

This all has nothing to do with his qualitys.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tanaka has always been a good player but often things need to click. He was clicking in Sporting under Marco Silva but there is no guarantee that he would necessarily work in Rayo and in La Liga (which is an even harder league)

Anyway, we're commenting on nothing... since nothing happened yet :D

19. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He actually played 11 minutes when they lost today.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    seolseol and naopon repped this.
  21. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The article actually never suggests that Sporting is actively trying to sell Tanaka, and I suspect that's actually something Tanaka's agent is more interested in, as for the club it's not like a big monetization.
    It says that Sporting has not "closed the door" for an exit of Tanaka, but it depends on suitable offers and possibility of finding a suitable replacement. Which is why the club, before the player, had already refused previous offers, too.

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    They don't need replacement for him. He's not even making the matchday squad. In all aspects, he is a surplus to the club.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #373 Dax, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    You're arguing with the article, not me. I didn't post my opinion in those line in the post.
    He was in the squad and played 3 times since the 30th of november, btw.

If he was seen as a surplus and not a comfortable back up, he would have been sold this summer already when Sporting obviously had a much much better chance of gaining some actual money from the transfer.
    I think they just see him as a professional player which will be allowed to go if he asks for it, and the club gets an offer they are fine with.
    As for the replacement, you need a certain number of strikers anyway in a team to prevent injury crisis\form problems. They have 4 atm

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    On the bench in the cup tonight.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan