Pre-match: (2014.09.09 Kirin Challenge Cup : Japan x Venezuela).

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Samurai Warrior, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Gakuuuuuuuuuu

2. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gooooooool de Shibasaki!!

3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Morioka wants his goal too

4. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Yellow card mr Aussie referee.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Shibasaki is so agile

6. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great pressing and combination play from Shibasaki and Muto to win the FK

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Eiji, Eiji....

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Pirlo isn't exactly blazing fast either, that's what I'm thinking. That is, until better options show up (not that fond of our midfields options at the moment tbh)

lol Eiji

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Eiji ffs....

edit; at least he saved that...

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    well Pirlo isn't Italy's right winger and he thinks faster than Honda at the moment.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Tanaka in for Hosogai

lol absolutely, but I always said that Honda as a winger is a joke

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  13. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Sakai cant cross to save his life.

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG] nope, I'm not going to play

15. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    4-3-3 with players who can't pass is painful

c shima repped this.
  16. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Aguirre:
    I thought Venezuela was better than us in the first half, but with the changes we could put 2 goals. Unfortunately, we ended with a draw.
    Asked about Muto and the newcomers:
    I'm very happy with them, especially thinking in the long term.
    Asked about the result
    The mistakes were individuals but it's part of the game. I'd keep these errors if they were to happen only in a friendly and not in the Asian Cup

Muto: I swore to myself that I'd absolutely leave a result and I'm glad I did. I feel great.

17. griffindinho_au

griffindinho_au Member+

May 30, 2013
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  18. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If Aguirre wants to keep his 4-3-3, we'll have to wonder soon if Honda is really adapted (he loses all his influence on the team and he's too slow). We absolutely need players like Usami in this system.

New disappointing result but as long as we'll make individual mistakes, it will be hard to win.

Even Kawashima decided to suck today (nevertheless, his whole match is not so bad).

But IMO, it was the first and last time we saw T. Sakai and Mizumoto :D Aguirre himself admitted he doesn't know well the J-League yet...

<< we need to get to know the J-League better. We’ve not had much time to do so yet, but my team and I are working on it. Our first squad selection had to be made against the clock, because the “Europeans” have to be given 15 days’ notice, so time was clearly short. Even so, I think we’re on the right track. >>

I expect some improvements in october. He has to work hard until this date.

But I'm disappointed for Morioka (he really deserved to play), Ogihara and Matsubara.

19. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    IMHO I don't think 4-3-3 will never going to work well for this team unless player like Miyaichi or Otsu step up their games. I think that good wingers are essential to play a good 4-3-3.

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    'cause Usami, Muto, Haraguchi aren't as good if not better than them? lol
    the only big question mark about 4-3-3 imho is Honda and Kagawa's position.

Btw this is our 3rd draw in a row with Venezuela
    #curse

21. Necrons

Necrons Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Usami and Saito is perfect for this system and keep Kagawa and Honda on the bench.

rioliogiz, Whispered11 and Radu Razvan repped this.
  22. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I said "player LIKE miyaichi or otsu." So this also apply to Haraguchi and Usami or Saito.

Ps.Why must you lol or try picking a fight with others when theirs opinion is different from yours. If you don't agree just say it normally. You don't have to LOL every time.

23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Not sure what you're reading into my simple "lol" but it's not as harsh as you're interpretating it somehow. Couldn't be any more normal and calm.
    I'm not picking any fights with anyone, you're writing in a public forum. Unless you're writing just to do some echo-chamber thing, I guess you'd expect someone to express a comment on what you're writing.

you wrote:
    Unless you're talking totally abstract sense, which I'm not sure what the point would be then, you wrote that to improve today's 4-3-3 good wingers are required.
    You also wrote "I think that good wingers are essential to play a good 4-3-3" which sounded a bit as "and there wasn't this kind of wingers today", especially since you just said that you don't think 4-3-3 worked well.

Yes you wrote "like" but you did write Miyaichi or Otsu, which are names that are not around the NT at the moment. That's why I found it peculiar.
    What I meant is that the kind of wingers you're talking about are already there so I kind of doubt this was today's problem. Muto was called up, Haraguchi was injured. Okazaki does perfectly even on the side in the NT. It was as simple as this.

chelseaz10 repped this.
  24. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Morishige too slow, can't pass, Hosogai (still) quite not good enough, Honda painfully slow and inoffensive, Okazaki more interesting coming from the side (as he's always been with the NT these past 4 years), the list goes on, hopefully Aguirre sees all that too and will make adjustements for next time. Not sure 4-3-3 plays to Japanese football's strength at the moment.

25. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Aguirre :

“In the first half Venezuela were on top and we didn’t really create any dangerous chances. In the second half the substitutions worked out and we managed to score twice and settle for a draw.

“We made some mistakes that led to goals, but that’s all part of the game and it’s better to make these mistakes in friendlies like this.”

“I’m happy that I got the chance to look at some new players. We’re working on a project with the goal being four years down the line, so I’m very happy.”

Muto :

“It was a great feeling to score. The manager didn’t give me any special instructions — he just told me to play my normal game.

“Obviously I still have things to work on but I want to raise my game to the next level. It’s disappointing not to get the win but hopefully if I’m involved again I can help us do that.”

Good story for a guy who "only turned pro at the start of the year while still studying at Keio University". A sort of japanese Valbuena ? :p

On the other hand :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

We lacked of chance a bit too, with one post vs Uruguay too. :confused: