(2014.06.24) FIFA World Cup - Group C, MD3 : Japan x Colombia [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jun 19, 2014.

?

fire zaccheroni?

1. Yes

84.4%
  2. Yes

43.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
    fire zaccheroni​

2. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now it's too late :thumbsdown:

OneiroPhobia and Radu Razvan repped this.
  3. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, definitely. The most stupid coach I have ever seen. All those passing in friendly result in nothing. All I see is f*** cross. I have never seen any coach experimenting tactic in 2 consecutive world cup games

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Too harsh on Zac. First game was on players. He did everything he had to do. Today he could have use of that third change, but... we would have never score, ever with our bare hands.

Now Colombia. And I won't be able to see it. Hoping for a miracle, but waiting for a slaughterhouse (even with this not so good Colombia).

scotch17 and uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89 repped this.
  5. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Zac is a good coach but his willingness to change hurt this team

6. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think today is all on him. Endo made the situation significantly worse. Putting Okubo and Okazaki up top made the situation worse. I expected Kagawa and Kakitani to be our super subs when the lineup was matched -- all the moreso after the red card.
    Okubo has a role to play as a "defensive forward", being aggressive and running hard for 65m at most... but there was no reason to ever keep him for the full game.
    Put somebody else on either that header or that low cross and there is at least one goal. Put somebody else when the ball dropped to his feet and there might've been another.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I'll miss the match, maybe this will bring some luck to the team :laugh:

Now, probably it will be another Brazil2006, something like Japan scores to deceive fans and than Colombia wake all by scoring a lot.

OR

It will be like a lot of times in the past and Colombia, qualified today thanks to Greece draw, play shitty and let Japan win while Ivory Coast lose 0 - 1 after 90' of offensive football against the Greece wall.

Whatever this WC is a really disappointment after 4 years of high expectation.
    But, please, it's not only Zac's fault, come on.

@OneiroPhobia please add some logos to the opener, or some funny images thanks ;)

OneiroPhobia and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  8. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sekizuka for JNT manager, or Sasaki, or Nishino.

9. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Many of the players in their clubs (mainly thinking about the ones I know from Buli) usually show excellent qualities, good team work, counter pressing, lateral movements, quick decision making, flexible adaption to changing tactical circumstances, perfectly meshing with their teams filling gaps to keep everything running smoothly. In the NT at the WC I saw nothing of it, add to this no coherency whatsoever in team movements. Somehow it felt like everyone was told to take Honda as an example, showing off individual abilities at the cost of team work. After the match against CIV spielverlagerung.de commented that Japan played like a team completely unsure of its own qualities, with the opponent pushing through its strength. This happened again against Greece. I sure hope you find a coach that knows about the strength of Japanese players, nurtures them and also knows a thing or two about match coaching. The Japanese NT hasn't had one of those yet.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    The funny thing is that our greater fear before this WC was the CB pairs valued as the weakest of the tournament, that instead play at least average if not quite good since now :p

Please use those flashy yellow jersey in the last match before we leave Brazil and never see them again! :x3:

seolseol repped this.
  11. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    How good is Sekizuka? Better than Okada or Teguramori?

12. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    What if Colombia play reserves to save stamina/avoid injuries and we can have an easy win?:rolleyes:

Samurai Warrior, chelseaz10 and teioh repped this.
  13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    They (Colombia) will face one between Italy, Costa Rica or Uruguay (England is 99% out) and tomorrow match between Italy and Costa Rica will tell us a lot about this.

For the sake of Japan I hope a feared (by Colombia) team will reach the second place of Group D so that Colombia will really rest his best players against us.

14. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Please no. None of their coaching is going to work at international level men's soccer. Hire someone with real experience please.

15. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yes, bring back Okada III!

I'll get my coat...

Dax and teioh repped this.
  16. Transparent_Human

Oct 15, 2006
    Pale blue dot
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mauritius
    Hope for a miracle. Not expecting much.

17. Vendo Thefastlane

Jul 16, 2009
    Mito, Ibaraki
    Club:
    --other--
  18. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    What about Yoshitake? The u-16 coach iirc.

19. watanabe2k

watanabe2k Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Illinois, but Japan
    Club:
    Jubilo Iwata
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Can I vote for you for President? Seriously, I'd take Sekizuka in a heart beat. Sasaki would probably laugh at us...

20. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mondragon on goal 99%

teioh repped this.
  21. chelseaz10

chelseaz10 Member

Jun 14, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well I think there still a fair chance for Japan to qualify. Ivory Coast defence is really weak. Greece doesn't suck. I can see them winning or at least pull out a draw, if they could play like they did in the first match. The chance maybe 10 percent lesser than if Japan win today.

22. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I have doubts not on them, but on us.

scotch17 and teioh repped this.
  23. Ogasawara

Ogasawara Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Now its official.
    Zaccheroni is the worst coach that Japan ever had. All the former National team coaches achieved
    more than this clown at international level.

AmericanKaka repped this.
  24. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Colombia will definitely rest some of their players. Not all. But their reserve attackers should see some actions and maybe the likes of Cuadrado and James Rodriguez will get some rest.

They are first no reason to risk injury and every reason to save stamina.

Problem here is more in the shape of that Japan is not deciding things for themselves they have to pray Greece finally scores and wins against Ivory coast.

It's really nice that Japan actually gave Greece a chance to advance if they win. Because now they will fight 100%
    And Japan will be able to see if they can actually advance with a win.

25. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    What if Greece play with only 10 men for 70 minutes and we can have an easy win?... oops.

I'm not sure this Japan would ever score even if they added two consolation games against Iran and Algeria. They are DONE.

seolseol and Samurai Warrior repped this.