Pre-match: (2014.06.19) 2014 FIFA World Cup - Group C, MD2 : Japan vs Greece

Discussion in 'Japan' started by Whispered11, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Meh you would put Kakitani in a game like this and see the quick one twos and Greeks falling on their asses.
    Especially an energy filled, must win situation, he would take people on and would not settle for pass the ball around plan. In fact he would have been sent in for that purpose. And same with Saito. But Zac forgot he had one more sub.

2. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hold on, let me call Miss Cleo first

El Chuma repped this.
  3. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Watching both of those games, under an heavy rain, I found myself wishing Kensuke Nagai were there, ready to eat his opponent on any random slip up as he did 2 years ago. The set up was perfect for him and I think he's the ultimate National Team player, he will score the few goals that matter but won't have a 25 goals year with a club because that is simply not his game.

nakata101 and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  4. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Too bad, Mr Zac doesn't like to play "speed" team.... :(

5. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I can't understand if you are trolling or be serious about that ultimate warrior thing .

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Doubt it's Zac. Doubt we'll ever see Nagai again until he learns to trap a ball
    he may have done his job against Egypt U21 but the world cup is another thing

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he may have done his job against Egypt U21, and also Morocco and Spain, a side full of world class players. Nagai is a really fine player, what he doesn't have in terms of technique (even though he has sone real skills), he makes it up with his unmatched speed and workload.
    Unmatched.

and if you remember, 4 years ago, he was the only japanese player to score against Ivory Coast in that after the game mini friendly.

8. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    lol that Spain side couldn't even beat Honduras to be fair...
    And I agree that his speed qualities are unmatched, which is why I wish he exploded. Often it happens in the 26-27yr stage so it could still happen actually.

9. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    still think he could be at the World Cup if the coach had a little bit more flair than Zaccheroni currently have. The same guy that never calls up Okubo before making him of the most important players of the team at the last minute.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I guess the next coach won't have flair too when he's not called up.

11. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    maybe not but for the time being i just hope he manages to win a game in a FIFA competition unlike his predecessor.

13. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I also hope we'll be able the Confederations again =p

14. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team: