Pre-match: (2014.06.06) Friendly Match : Japan vs Zambia [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89, Jun 6, 2014.

1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    POSITIVE:
    Score 4 goals
    Okubo goal and charisma
    Honda double
    Morishige
    Nagatomo as ever

NEGATIVE:
    Concede 3 goals
    Konno + Endo = the return of the living dead
    Kagawa (I hope he underperformed intentionally to avoid injuries etc)
    Forwards: really we need to start Okazaki as a secret weapon like Honda in 2010

See you in Brazil Samurai Blue!!!

2. rioliogiz

rioliogiz Member

Chelsea
    Apr 12, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
  3. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    did you really have to post that?

here's something nicer

[​IMG]

seolseol, c shima, sc-f and 3 others repped this.
  4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Biggest positive: Even though we had a scare with Okazaki, it looks like there aren't any injuries inflicted from this game that will keep someone out of the CIV match.

Though you wonder about the knock Okubo took to the arm.

5. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    significant win with a valuable lesson. Went 2 down, PK was lucky (but luck's part of the game) it raise their spirits and whatever talk they had in the locker room, keep it up. Fought hard for the win. 3 really nice goals.

3-4 Japan. This is the situation where they would concede, but scored more goals than the opponents. Important that they didn't lose their morale and kept on fighting, it's something that is very likely to happen in the WC.
    What I want to see from Japan is fighting throughout the match, would've been a different story if they scored first and tried to preserve it by defending, it's not good.

For Japan, the best defence is a great offence, and continually attack push opponents back to their lines.

I now worry for the injured and condition of the players. but confidence are high, hope they keep it up. GO JAPAN! GAMBARE, NIPPON! GAMBARE SAMURAI BLUE!

6. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Yeah I do hope that is ok. (about okubo, it looked like seriously injured as it just hanged there)

And I seriously dont wanna see Konno ahead of Morishige against Ivory Coast because defensively there is going to be crap all around I am sure. So I'll take a physically a bit stronger and taller player ahead of him, not to mention that I think he is actually better defensively and at playing from the back as well.

So this is what I hope for that game and other than that? HA

Which forward to start is now a question. I have a feeling Zac will go with Osako because of the height alone or something like that.

Defensively this team is a nightmare and the only way to counter that is to work their socks off and not fall back and be pushed into their area. Ivory Coast will play long balls down the flanks and since Japan does keep a high line and since Japan does push full backs forward a lot that will mean tons of problem when you get the likes of Salomon and Gervinho running at you.
    So the most effective way to counter that is to first and foremost make sure you run a lot and close down quickly (especially defenders), to make those little fouls and stop their counters and to try and not ******** up on possesion too much.
    Without Japan's really intensive display I dont see them winning that game or even better not losing. Anyone not running like a retard will kill the team with his slacking and anyone trying to pass it around like on a training match as well.
    Japan will conceed at least one bar miracle that's a given. But a lot has to do with who will score first. Will they let them score first again or will they finally be able to go ahead and try to control the match. It's not an habit any more that they get goals and usually have to come from behind. It's a rule.

The sooner this team accepts that it has defensively one of the weakest teams and one of the weakest DCs and that only a TEAM can help them defend. The better

P.S.
    if that hand doesnt hit that guy for the penalty Okazaki gets that ball with a clear chance on goal so half a goal there in any case. Nothing lucky about that a bit unlucky for the guy to have hit him there though

Also we didnt say props to Aoyama for that last pass. That was typical Aoyama stuff like he came on a pitch with sole mission for that one pass to Okubo. Well done

7. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wow, 4-3. We got some result with forwards, but man... defense is a big problem. Actually, it's probably the only problem got left for this team.

8. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    P.S. Morishige... wow. Same for Okubo.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Guys I don't know how good this world cup is going to be, but I'm quite optimistic.

Though consider in the scheme of things.
    - in 2010 we had a defensively very very strong team.
    - Now Japan is an offensively very strong team.

In a world cup probably not too far away, we're going to see a JNT step out on the pitch in a world cup with a truly world class offence & defense.

c shima repped this.
  10. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Meanwhile I hope

1. Hasebe is fit and plays alongside mr Yamaguchi
    2. no one gets injured

3. Zaccheroni figures out about Konno in defense when they look at this video Honda is talking about

11. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [​IMG]

Masato Silva Morisige.

seolseol, Whispered11, c shima and 5 others repped this.
  12. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    good thing Okubo didn't touch the Kagawa "shot". Looked like he was offside anyway.

13. rougou

rougou Member+

Dec 7, 2003
    Hyogo
    Club:
    AS Roma
  14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    In 2010 Japan had a good defence conceding only 2 goals (1 irregular + a saved pk).

In 2014 I hope Japan will break any JNT records of scored goals regardless of the defence.

I hope Kagawa will have a nice first WC, he deserves after the Moyes affair.

Samurai Warrior, c shima and Radu Razvan repped this.
  15. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    unless Konno had surgery and looks like Uchida, he's not at fault on any of the goals. One thing is sure though, he's at the center of all the obsessions.

17. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    he is for that particular goal his marking is crap and back tracking

18. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Honda was also scratching his butt 50 meters away from here, he's responsible. in short, absurd but haters gonna hate.

19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well we know it all here. The entire defense is a liability its picking a lesser evil and trying to identify it. There are some things speaking in favor of Konno and in Favor of Morishige etc.
    But I know 100% that when JNT will be conceeding goals Konno or Morishige in the line up we will be pointing finger at them.

Never ending story really

20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goals they gave weren't really down to the center backs...

Ironically it looks like Morishige's value may be more in his passing and attacking set pieces.

Radu Razvan repped this.