2013 Roster

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Whitecaps10, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and you didn't get them into shape, before you sent them up here? Both with hamstring injuries.

2. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I'm happy to see him back, I really thought we had seen the last of Cuevas last year. Young player, lots of raw talent, not expensive, just the type of player MLS teams like to scoop up. Welcome back Jose.

Mikey mouse repped this.
  3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also on the field this weekend from last year were: Azira, Klasila, Prince, Also making an apperance was the Silver Fox himself, Stephen Armstrong.

Sean Ferguson and Raphy III from CofC were their. So a good mix of old and new faces.

4. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe....I was keeping my fingers crossed and mouth shut hoping to see his name pop up in 2013. He showed up at one of the Reggie tailgates last year and me and Mrs. BT were talking about the team and how well JW was keeping up with the young pups. Stephen got all glassy eyed talking about how much he missed playing and then with that little smirk of his, hinted that maybe he would come out of retirement too.

Don't know if he's serious about giving it another go or he just wanted to have a bit of kickabout but can you imagine him, JW, Colin and Nicki on the pitch all at once? Goosebumps.....

5. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he played in over 35s last Thursday

6. Erik S

Erik S Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good find Eric

only four more days!

8. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from the Google Fu Master...

9. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question but not sure where to ask it so here goes.

With the new MLS/USL courtship still in the light petting phase, if an MLS team wants to send a player to a USL team on loan, do they have to send it to their USL mate or are they allowed to choose any USL team? I'm asking because I saw a article about Richmond & coach Coleslaw is hoping they can get Andrew Dykstra to be with them this season. Got me to thinking about how restrictive this new relationship might be........

10. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After seeing Mr. Cooper plying his trade inside the PA Saturday night, I'm not as worried about the GK position, I think he might be our #1. That was probably one of the best performances I've seen from a keeper in our league.

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Cooper had a great game. Even more amazing is that his knee is still not 100% We noticed him rubbing it in the second half . I also found out he hadn't punted a ball since he picked up his injury a month or so ago.

His preformance didn't go unnoticed by ohter either. Klasila said to me after the match "I think I might be out of a starting job" He was very impressed with his performance.

I would be totally content to start the season with who we have on the bench right now. this is one of the strongest Battery sides I can remember in a long time, especially durning the CCC.

The only spot I am somewhat concerned about is Johnny Wilson position. I know he is getting older and I no last year he didn't play in many back to backs or much some fields. everywhere else we see seem deep but looking over the past week, we played a Academy player their and a couple of the midfield players there, I can only assume this is so Auggie knows if he was going to have to look for a Left Back

12. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cooper needs to worrk on his crosses, likes to punch, instead of catch...Dusty will break him of that, eventually.

Mikey mouse repped this.
  13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he need some help with his distribution too until I found out his knee was an issue and hadn't kicked a ball in a couple weeks.

Im sure he will improve under Dusty.

14. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He pick the injury the past week, I sopke with him three says before the tournament to tell me the bad news, the knee was bother him when he kick the ball and for that reason the coach side line him, he still no 100 percent.
    I been watching him since he was with the Cuban Under 17 team in 2009 and I can tell you that he is the better goalkeeper that Cuba produced in the last 15 years, of course he still neeed to learn, he is only 20 years old but the time and goo coaching can take care of that.
    Does any one can tell me where I can watch the game, I was working that night and I miss the game, I looked on the USL Nation but them don't have the game yet

15. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it took about four days before they put Wednesday up on USLnation so I hope it shows up there in the next couple days.

16. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goindownsouth repped this.
  17. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. goindownsouth

goindownsouth Member+

Jun 19, 2006
    Central, NJ
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Austin Savage still looking solid? I would love to see him make the squad and contribute.

19. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Austin looks like a good college player. He definitely made an impact in the game against Houston. I would like to see him get in the squad too cause I feel like he could improve and become a good USL player as well.

I hope to be able to tell how is still with the squad today at the preseason match against the CofC

20. Erik S

Erik S Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there anybody that wasn't at the meet and greet that has chance of signing with us?

21. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine their is always one or two players that might join weather that is on a loan from MLS or someone who pops up that will add to the squad. we shall see. We are having a Regiment meeting at the Summerville Madra Rua tuesday and both Auggie and Andrew will be there to talk about the upcoming Battery season. they might have some more info that they didnt give out last week

22. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Charleston Battery has added goalkeeper Kevin Klasila and midfielder Jarad van Schaik to its roster for the upcoming USL PRO season. Klasila returns to the Battery for a second season while van Schaik joins for a first season after spending two years with the Puerto Rico Islanders.

http://charlestonbattery.com/news/battery-signs-klasila-and-van-schaik/

Now, it's official...

23. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    paperwork looks like it is finally finished up and the tres Cubanos are now official! Welcome to Cooper, Change and Cordovez.

Charleston, SC. The Charleston Battery has signed three Cuban internationals to its 2013 USL Pro roster. Goalkeeper Odisnel Cooper, midfielder Michael Chang and forward Heviel Cordoves defected from the Cuban national team before a World Cup Qualifier last year and join the Battery subject to USSF approval.
    Cooper, Chang and Cordoves defected from the Cuban national team prior to a World Cup qualifier versus Canada played in Toronto last October. All three players had been capped previously by the Cuban national team.

http://charlestonbattery.com/news/c...es-pre-season-schedule-saturday-vs-railhawks/

25. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States