2013 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by raiderD15, Nov 15, 2013.

1. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    One of u guys needs to text the NCAA and ask them why Indiana and UNC r the only teams not filled in on the bracket.

2. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    So now Portland - Seattle... :)
    Is it indeed Cascadia derby or is there another woso colleges rivalry in the area more deserving the name?

3. Norfolk

Norfolk Member

Mar 22, 2001
    Portland v Washington

4. uncchamps2012

uncchamps2012 Member

Jul 9, 2011
    remember us wnt v japan WC 2011--- even the best can flub a PK shootout

5. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    This Seattle-Portland game :sleep::sleep::sleep:

6. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Wow, this University of Seattle team is very good! They pass very well, are skilled and very quick on every position with exception of the striker... :D
    Pilots can't outrun them on flanks like they usually do, I'm a little bit shocked they got to play such a tough team in the 1st round... :oops:

7. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Totally expected it. Seattle has been a good team at every division they have played. And they are putting lots of players behind the ball. If UP scores 1 it will open them up.

8. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Senegal scored today on a stutter step PK against Cote Ivoire

9. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did Seattle recently move up to D-1?

10. ref17

ref17 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    lots of close games in first round...ties and pks. illinois state over louisville. kind of saw that bracketbuster coming!

11. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    More on Colorado's win:

Just watched the highlights (I missed the second half of the stream). Brie Hooks beats a defender ono-on-one and is taken down just outside the corner of the box. Annie Stuller (who else) takes the free kick which deflects off a player in the wall, thus wrong-footing the keeper who has no chance.

CU along with UCLA and Standford were the only winners of the six Pac-12 in the first round.

You can find the highlights at: http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209311531 (look to the right of the text)

CU will meet BYU in Tallahassee, FL.

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Almost half of the 32 teams remaining are from the ACC and Big Ten.

13. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Yummy! What a goal!
    Merlo SHOWTIME!!! :whistling:

14. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Knew someone at the game. Apparently the only time St. Johns crossed the UCF half in the 2nd half was on the counter when they scored their 3rd goal.

15. raiderD15

raiderD15 Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Portland 2-0 Seattle. Pilots are last team into the Round of 32 and will face Illinois at (probably) Nebraska.

16. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    For the most part, nearly all the favorites won their first round match, which I thought was going to happen this year. Only Western Michigan over Marquette was the only big upset. Illinois State over Louisville is just a mild upset. St. John's over UCF is only a mild upset. Colorado over Denver is not really an upset. Those two teams know each other, and either one of them is capable of beating the other on any given day.

17. lukephan

lukephan Member+

Oct 1, 2012
    Gentlemen, first round was fun, looking forward to second! :thumbsup:

18. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Really nice dummy by Capelle, she is my player of the match. Love how smart and intelligent Wetherington plays with the ball at her feet, she better start for the U20 team or else. I still disagree about the use of Amanda Frisbie, she is a finisher and Portland still needs someone like that up top, but she did win defender of the year honors, add the fact last year she won the offense player of the year and she had done well for herself.

19. jimhalpert

jimhalpert Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are more SEC teams left than Big 10 schools as the SEC went a perfect 6-0 on the first weekend.

20. Forgedias

Forgedias Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Wasn't going to correct him. I just want to see the SEC make some deep runs this year.

21. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    This is their second or third year fully in D1 they were D2 champs and before that D3 champs.... Always have had a good program, as have their men.

22. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    Saw them practice that this week.

23. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I remember this correctly: If there are no seeds available to host, then the school with the best ARPI gets to host, unless it hasn't bid to host or doesn't have a field that meets NCAA specs.

24. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Notre Dame can beat Michigan, that will be impressive. If I try to eliminate all subjectivity from my thinking, Michigan is my dark horse candidate to win it all. (Michigan has the third best record of all teams against the Tournament field.)

25. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    I think this has been almost 100% so. I do recall on the Men's side that a game was moved because the NCAA feared recent bad weather had made a field unplayable. That turned out to not be the case and the team also had a plastic field that met specs and had been played on that year ( another requirement)

The game got moved anyway.