2013 Hot Seat or Getting Warm Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Cliveworshipper, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    OK folks. The 2013 recruiting class has been put to bed, and if a coach gets fired now, it's 2013.

Who's backside is toasty this year?

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  2. devad

devad Member

Nov 18, 2012
    Iowa State
    Alabama
    Vanderbilt
    Nebraska
    Purdue
    USC
    Utah
    Georgia

philrothgeb and Archie's Grandpa repped this.
  3. Archie's Grandpa

Oct 25, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Not sure Vandy should be on this list. Took over a disintegrating program at the last minute in '11. Was very competitive in all games in '12 until rocked by injuries midseason. Great recruiting class for '13. '14 class looks promising as well.

philrothgeb and HatchGK repped this.
  4. devad

devad Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I would think Alabama and Georgia could be argued either way in that conference too.

Green took over a program that had been to 2 straight conference tournaments (admittedly not fantastic but not awful.) He has been head coach for 2 years and Vanderbilt has missed the conference tournament in each year he has been head coach. His conference record is 4-16-4. I would think it is reasonable, at least without knowing the administration, to ascertain that missing the conference tournament for a third straight year would cause for some conversations at years end. Does that warrant hot seat consideration? Debatable. If injuries were bad (quick glance of stats doesn't show too much out of the norm) and recruits are what you say, making the conference tournament seems realistic and he surely will be given time.

In his own conference, Hale took over a far more dire situation, and went to the conference tournament in his first year. Mott went to the conference tournament in his third year. Lipsitz the conference quarterfinals his second. Bramble went to the conference tournament in his first year. Franklin, a football coach at the same school, went to bowl games in his first 2 seasons, and would seem took over a much more challenging situation. I wouldn't think anyone would expect a conference championship, but postseason play would seem to be a realistic goal in year 3.

5. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  6. ref17

ref17 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    wow, baker at fau. what a journey...uga, rollins, cal? the sunbelt will look better though. with denver gone , only fiu was looking good. noth texas and wku will always be in the tourney semis but only because the others are even worse. kind of crazy thinking of baker in that conference seems a step down. family?

7. realitycheck

realitycheck Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Actually FAU will be entering Conference USA in 2014 along with Middle Tennessee and Old Dominion. in 2013 C-USA adds Charlotte, FIU, LaTech, North Texas and UT San Antonio.

Shouldn't be a bad conference for W-Soccer, even without ECU and Tulane. So there is a method to their madness at FAU.

8. ref17

ref17 Member

Nov 10, 2006
    thanks, realitycheck. c-usa might be fun to follow. no one left in the sunbelt, or will they get any good teams? kind of too bad for those kids, some good players just not enough and not the best coaching. fau will move up fast if baker stays. whatever else on his plate, the guy can coach.

9. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Old Dominion has to be on the hot seat they have been poor for years now! Creighton must be creeping in there too. Lehigh, rider, UCSB, Xavier, TN tech and probably a few more should look to change if another bad season rolls around.

10. StevenLa

StevenLa Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Probably didn't have much of a choice. If he was going to be a head coach at the DI level again, he had to take a step back.

11. OxfordComa

OxfordComa New Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Georgia is fine: 15-6, 11-7, 13-7 followed by a sub-par 7-11
    Alabama is getting warm. .500 isn't great, but I don't think they notice soccer during the fall
    Xavier could be getting warm, but I think that place has done fine considering the disaster it was
    Iowa State is heating up
    Utah hasn't fared well and the PAC12 isn't helping

12. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    You mean the bramble tenure at Ala isn't going well? I remember Brambled becoming a verb on the forum when he ejected most of the roster to start over with SEC money after leaving Clemson to go the ACC cellar for the next 3 years. Half those Clemson kids left behind were thrown under the bus as well.
    It's a shame to think of all the players that get shredded in this business sometimes...in all sports really.

13. Jesse2010

Jesse2010 New Member

Feb 15, 2013
    Actually FAU and Middle Tennessee are joining C-USA in 2013.

14. DrGoat

DrGoat Member

Nov 1, 2011
    It's very early, but this is a carry over from my 2012 HOT/WARM List with a few additions:

Purdue
    UC Santa Barbara
    Southern Cal
    St. John's (NY)
    San Jose State
    Towson
    Brown
    Iowa State
    Columbia
    Marshall
    Creighton
    UAB
    Nevada
    Nebraska
    Old Dominion
    Georgia

15. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Former Stetson Head Coach is named Thomas University of the NAIA Head Women's Soccer Coach.......interesting...

16. realitycheck

realitycheck Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Just realized UCF is moving to the Big East along with ECU and Memphis.....

17. Wayne Famous

Wayne Famous Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SMU and Houston too.

18. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Add NJIT to the open list. Gonzalez heading to Indiana.

19. Bonitafutbol

Bonitafutbol Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    What a joke. Glad he gave it some time. Couldn't wait to jump to a better opportunity. No respect for him. I realize opportunities are few and far between, but he accomplished NOTHING at NJIT and left before he could be judged.

20. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    I'm sure he'll lose a lot of sleep over this.

Morris20 repped this.
  21. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Maybe a move to Indiana was too good to resist? Not really like NJIT is overly lucrative in comparison.

22. HatchGK

HatchGK Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Maybe there are outlying family issues or things not related to soccer that Sergio decided were more important to his personal and family life. Just throwing it out there.......and I DO HAVE Respect for the guy!

23. Bonitafutbol

Bonitafutbol Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I agree that I had no right, especially without knowing the circumstances nor the situation, to criticize him so strongly, if at all and it was unfair of me. And besides, this is a free country and every person has a right to decide what they want to do for a living and where they want to go. My apologies.

24. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Great move for Sergio. Had to leave Dayton in a situation out of his control. But he did very well at Dayton as an assistant and recruiting coordinator and worked Berbary. He will do very well at Indiana as he can recruit and knows the area. Had to think NJIT was just a holdover until his next job.

25. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I said this previously in a post regarding IU. This is a no loose situation as far as I'm concerned for a coach. IU has nowhere to go but up. They have been languishing in the cellar of the B1G for several years. Don't know Sergio, but he has focused on keepers, and recruiting and seemed to do a good job at Dayton.
    I know IU lost a very good keeper that had verbally commited but now I see is going to Samford. I'm basing the fact she is that good on watching her play one game admittedly, but she was unbelievable in that one game. Her lateral movement both on the ground and covering the upper 90 was way beyond what I have seen at the club level. Not sure why she didn't sign, could be a miriad of reasons. Both schools currently have three keepers.
    Don't see any notice at either schools site mentioning the move.