2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by druryfire, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Pentacampeão

Pentacampeão Red Card

Jul 1, 2013
    Lopez should be subbed in. He has been absolute shit in this match and the greediness is starting to creep in. That chance now is a prime example of it...

2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Watching this French side I remember how it felt that they haven;t gotten out of second gear against Turkey and Uzbekistan. But now I believe they just don't have any other gear than second gear - this is a very lackadaisical side and they can't play at a higher tempo...

Snore...

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    seriously this game is so boring, I'm turning on USA vs. Cuba ....

4. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Not only is the game boring but the quality of football has been really poor from players like Lopez, Sanogo, Thauvin and such... A game not worthy of a final.

EDIT: Best player of the game Gimenez taken off injured... now absolutely no reason to watch this game. Can't get rid of the feeling neither of these two teams deserve to win the trophy...

EDIT 2: LOL. Game has actually livened up in the past few minutes.

5. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    France players are bigger but i think that's their only advantage over uruguayans

[]__[]

zahzah repped this.
  6. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I agree. Compared to other teams France has met at this championship they aren't that much bigger. The only reason they seem to have dominated the tournament is their physical advantage.

7. Pentacampeão

Pentacampeão Red Card

Jul 1, 2013
    These French players have no physical resilience at all...so much for Europeans emphasizing physical attributes over everything else.

How did they make it all the way to the final? Were the opponents simply weak or what?

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Ghana were too small and approached France with too much respect in the first half. In the second when Ghana managed to forget about this it became all Ghana. Plus the French keeper Areola made some amazing saves to keep Ghana out, while Thauvin managed to score against the run of play with a very saveable effort against a very poor Ghana substitute GK (the first choice keeper was subbed out due to injury).

As for the other teams... yes, I think they were simply weak teams.

EDIT: Officially the most boring game of this U20 World Cup.

9. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I don't normally agree with zahzah but I have to agree about this final.

10. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Penalties again...

Expected more from the French. Pity the injuries to Gimenez and Rodriguez, had to kill two subs that could have given us better offensive options towards the end.

11. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Uruguayan GK has been great throughout the entire tournament is only fitting that he wins it for Uruguay.

[]__[]

12. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    I hope Uruguay takes it

13. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Weird penalty by Pogba there

[]__[]

14. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Hmmm... I'm starting to think the Golden Boot should be given to either Areola or the Uruguayan GK...

EDIT: Yeah. Areola after his heroics in the semi and the final deserves the Golden Boot.

15. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really weird first penalty by the Uruguayan player there.. he smiles at the referee before taking, puts it right into the goalkeepers hands and then is smiling on his way back... and strange that the first couple of penalty takers from Uruguay didn't take pens vs. Iraq...

16. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    Frence wins u-20 congrats

17. BarraUru

BarraUru Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    We suck at penalties, it's a pitty, we could have won this match in overtime

These kids have a brilliant future!

18. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    Im sad that Iraq lost against Ghana, they haven't lost a single match in the qualification and in U-20, but 4 place aint that bad either

19. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Even the penalty shootout in this game was boring...

20. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Regardin all that talk about overage players... who was that 5 year old kid on the tshirt of one of the Uruguay players? A little young to be having a pre-school aged child...

21. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Congrats France.

Verzeri true to form, dies on the shore, as we say. Too bad for the kids, third time is the charm?

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    The usual penalty takers were on the bench - didnt get a chance to sub in due to the two injuries
    Too bad - That game was very winnable in regular time.
    I thought the coach made a mistake putting Avenatti in from the beginning instead de DeArrascaeta - Then he had the chance to correct it but he took Laxalt out instead of Avenatti -
    First game against Croatia was lost for the same reason.
    Well, at least we have 3 or 4 that are ready for the main team already - Gimenez, Laxalt, Cristoforo, Lopez. Tabarez pay attention!
    Congrats to France.

23. Catel

Catel Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Lyon, France
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  24. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    wtf are you talking about?
    you can relax now, Uruguay didn't win it, you don't have to do anything drastic...
    :)

25. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    does that mean that we'll have to put up with this dumbass for another 2 years?
    :mad: