2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by druryfire, Mar 25, 2013.

1. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Don't know how Ghana can be deemed the underdog at this level. But OK. I can put it down to them doing poorly in the group, but afterwards they sure picked up their game. Even in the France game the first half was all France, but the second was all Ghana. Honestly think the two best teams met in the semis and France proved beyond a doubt that they deserve the trophy.

That said France also lucked out with the path to the final (Uzbekistan, Turkey), while Uruguay had Spain and Nigeria, Ghana had Portugal and Chile.

Would be very surprised if Uruguay take this, but they just might be sneaky enough to win it.

2. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Not sure what Uruguay's done this tournament that can be considered sneaky, if anything. This team has so far defied every negative stereotype or generalization people tend to make about Uruguayan football. No rough play, no playacting, no time wasting...

Damn you zahzah for making me speak positively of Verzeri.

3. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Not what I meant. They have played a very good tournament and I'm not talking about cheating. Just about being a bit smarter than the opposition when having the ball, thus despite often not having as good talent as the opposition managing to level the playing field through intelligent play and not being as wasteful with the ball. If you prefer lets use the term 'football smarts'. They have beyond doubt been the most intelligent team of this tournament, despite losing out on talent to Nigeria, Spain, even Iraq.

4. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Galatasaray to sign Iraq’s dazzling U-20 star Ali Adnan

Galatasaray is set to sign Iraq U-20 star Ali Adnan El Kadhim, the Turkish media reported on July 12. The Turkish champion is closing in to finalize the talks with the 19-year-old left-back, who plays for Iraq’s Baghdad FC, reports said.

Galatasaray has been looking for a player for the left back position, where it had faced problems last season. The Lions had to switch Albert Riera, originally a left winger, to the back position last season when first-choice player Hakan Balta had injury and fitness problems.

Ali Adnan starred during the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup games in Turkey, as he was one of the key players leading Iraq to its competition-best semifinal run.

Ali Adnan scored two goals in the competition, one against England to lead a 2-2 comeback in the group stages, and another stunning free kick in the 1-1 draw against Uruguay in the semifinal. Iraq then lost the game on penalties. An attack-minded left back, Ali Adnan possesses a strong physique and a powerful long-range shooting ability.

Source
    http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/ga...adnan.aspx?pageID=238&nID=50584&NewsCatID=362

Nurafshon repped this.
  5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the final's going to be on a channel i get! i only have free tv so that's a cheery surprise!

BocaFan repped this.
  6. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq vs. Ghana promo
    professional made. worth watching :D

7. Pentacampeão

Pentacampeão Red Card

Jul 1, 2013
    I'm really glad to see players from that Iraqi team being taken into account.

How I wish I could see him in Brazil...

Mussab86 repped this.
  8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Thauvin should have been sent off for stupidity in the semi-final? Apparently the ref of the game will face sanctions for not sending of Thauvin after he idiotically removed the corner flag after his first goal. Wasn't aware that Thauvin was already on a yellow, but must say I was surprised Thauvin wasn't yellow carded. That said would have been a stupid way to destroy the game, but Thauvin would have had only himself to blame:

http://ghanasoccernet.com/referee-i...-frances-semis-hero-thauvin-against-ghana-u20

9. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    Iraq-Ghana have started now

10. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    1-0 to ghana by air once again

Mussab86 repped this.
  11. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    2-0 Ghana, the scoreline isnt showing the game, but ghana are doing their job done

Mussab86 repped this.
  12. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Assifuah scores again and now has 6 goals. If I'm not mistaken now Sanogo or Lopez (both on 4 goals) need a hattrick to win the Golden Boot, as Assifuah has played less minutes than either Sanogo or Lopez. Honestly apart from Jese has looked like the best finisher at this tournament (Aladje or Sanogo are too wasteful, Bruma is on the right track, while Lopez would be a close third).

Ghana up 2:0. Undeserved as Iraq have been tremendous, but well...

Mussab86 and aLi.W repped this.
  13. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    its all Iraq now, but I dont see Iraq score 2 on the way Ghana is defending

Mussab86 repped this.
  14. aLi.W

aLi.W Red Card

Jul 23, 2007
    3-0 for ghana, wow cant speak..Iraq is playing one of their best performenc but nothing is going their way

Mussab86 repped this.
  15. encorelui2

encorelui2 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    That is where experience seems to count. Though its kind of hard to talk experience at this level, as the teams are almost always different from 1 competition to the next. The scoreline doesn't even nearly reflect that game. Iraqis should hold their head up high. They've gone down fighting.

zahzah and Mussab86 repped this.
  16. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Yeah. Scoreline and actual gameplay... not compatible. That said Ghana probably deserve the win in the end.

Ali Adnan will go on to become a great player.

Assifuah will probably win the Golden Boot... starting to think he may deserve the Golden Ball as well (has happened before that a player who didn't make the final won the Golden Ball).

BTW: Iraq's only ipso facto loss of the competition...

Mussab86 repped this.
  17. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    With the third place finish Ghana is now officially the fourth best team in the history of the tournament (behind Argentina, Brasil and Portugal). In 6 appearances they have 5 semifinals, 1 gold, 2 silvers and 1 bronze.

Mussab86 repped this.
  18. Pentacampeão

Pentacampeão Red Card

Jul 1, 2013
    I just noticed something looking at the rosters here and here...this is literally the same Uruguayan team that made it to the final of the U-17 WC two years earlier...

No wonder they seem very experienced in handling themselves.

19. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    New video for Ali Adnan with more skills and goals

video i posted before worth watching

20. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Uruguay look physically strong enough to match the French, who have been manhandling most of their opponents. Should be a close game.

21. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    worth mentioning Ali Adnan goal against Saudi Arabia in the gulf Cup
    The Free kick was in the same position against Uruguay Free kick goal

22. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    are you suggesting that the French are not skilled, or technical, or intelligent?
    how dare you!

23. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    ??? Take about overelaborating...
    Fact is that France managed to just push around most of their opponents making it look like men playing against boys.

France have some very intelligent, skilled, technical players like Bahebeck, Pogba, Thauvin, Digne or Zouma. Sanogo on the other hand has to be one of the worst strikers I have seen at this competition.

24. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    who ever scores first will win this game

[]__[]

25. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Problem is this game doesn't look like it has goals in it... boring final.