2013 FIFA Confederations Cup: Group Stage [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Nico Limmat, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwjppgr

mwjppgr Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay

You should know that many of us are descendants of people who lived in the 19th and 20th century in Europe. Particularly, children and grandchildren of spanish citizens who fled the civil war. For example, I have italian and jewish blood. Capice?

We have absolutely nothing in common with you and your delusions of grandeur.

2. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  3. SaltyCatter

SaltyCatter Member

Feb 16, 2009
    The West
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SpaniardFC said:
    You're not excited for a possible spain-brazil final?​
    Oh, but this sets things up Very Well for next year. Whoever loses will want to get revenge on the winner, and on the Biggest stage in the world. This should be fantastic!

4. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's common knowledge. How do you like uruguays chances vs brazil?

5. mwjppgr

mwjppgr Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I repeat: We have absolutely nothing in common with you and your delusions of grandeur.

6. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Shame on me for expecting civility from a uruguayo, you fight on the pitch, and on the internet.

7. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes he did, he kicked the shit of all of those who opposed him and left only rubbles at his pass, but at that time, for "your" luck he decided to focus his efforts at other places which were much more of a deal than whatever Europe meant to him, as Afghanistan, India and the Chinese empire instead, and death got to him a few years later. Some of his descendants though, some years later extended the mongol empire over almost all of Eastern Europe, but that's another story....

8. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alexander the Great is consider the greatest strategist of all times not by the size of his Empire, but by what he could do with a small army. He could beat much larger armies with a very small force. He invented tactics that generals still study and apply to this date.

To say 1970's Brazil can be beaten by 2010 Spain is the same as saying that Steve Vai is better than Jimi Hendrix or 1960's Clapton or Jeff Beck. Steve Vai will never be what they are because he drank at their fountain. The same can be said for Spain:

It will never be better than 1970's Brazil, or 1974 Holland, simply because it came much later and it learned from those teams. Best of all times is only for the pioneers and Spain is definitely not one.

Pipiolo repped this.
  9. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spain is already rated the greatest team of all time, just accept it my friend.

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    People in western societies tend to over rate too much Alexander's achievements.
    When Alexander started his quests (as a prince), Macedonia already existed and he received from his father (King of Macedonia) a complete organized army, to start with. Besides, Alexander received top education in his childhood, by expert trainers and teachers whom taught him some basics. Alexander failed to conquer India, where he almost died in action.

On the other hand, GK, whom also was a master in defeating greater armies with much smaller armies, when he started his quests he was a "nobody" and started almost from scratch with no formed organization in its ranks, and had to forge his army almost from nothing. At younger age, all the education he got, was how to survive and not get killed. GK, was never defeated in battle.

As a side note of both great battle strategists, once Alexander died, his whole empire crumbled to pieces in very few years. Once GK died, his empire lasted for almost 500 years, in time.

11. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeah, only by spanish news reporters.....
    ;)
    :p

FiveXChampion repped this.
  12. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ya, if tahiti was in Brazils group then i am sure julio caesar would have got the golden boot. ;)

13. s7kru

s7kru Red Card

Dec 13, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wonder who would be the current top scorer of the tournament without Tahiti. :rolleyes:

14. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ya, only SPANISH newspapers...

15. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This is just getting ridiculous. The internet - where people live their life.

16. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Are we talking about Alexander and Genghis Khan in a Confed Cup thread? Is it serious?

Let alone Spain being the best of all time. I would love to read some serious sources on this claim.

FiveXChampion and Rickdog repped this.
  17. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Maybe someone could take a look at their strategies at war, and use them in a football game in the Confed "glorified friendly" cup,......

No, for real, I will not continue that debate any longer.
    Easy, just pick up any news magazine from Spain. It's all over the place.

18. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    By you man... France was the greatest of all times until they got knocked out on the first round of the the 02 WC.. seriously, understand that the Euros mean nothing in South America, for right now we only see Spain as a 1 time WC winner. Spain right now.. is England or France take your pick.

FiveXChampion and Rickdog repped this.
  19. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not really. Torres has been poor for Spain ever since his club form went down (~ early 2010). Among the players who played regularly for Spain in WC 2010 and Euro 2012, he was easily their worst player. :cool:

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I didn't realize the 2010 World Cup was played in Spain. :confused:

21. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

wrong

22. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What do you mean, by wrong ?

The guys from that team, would all be over 65 years old, each and everyone of them at present times. You can't pretend they play competitively, against lots much younger players, do you ?

Well, maybe against Tahiti they stand a chance ........
    :D

23. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Yeah, I suppose. Though if they were to go without facing each other prior to the World Cup it'll be just as intriguing and that much more tense next year, especially since there won't be a chance for a proper rematch for at least 3 to 4 years and that's if the two teams don't drastically alter in that time.

I'm always optimistic about our chances. Brazil is clearly better and the favorite but I give as a fair chance at an upset, more so than if we were doing better than we currently are.

Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like uh, your opinion, man.

24. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Your right, it is only my opinion that the greatest player of all time can only "compete" with the monsters we have today!

25. Gonchi

Gonchi Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Because Pele played in 11 positions at the same time. My bad.