2013 FIFA Confederations Cup: Elimination Rounds [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Nico Limmat, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Peru and paraguay have won the south american cup ahahahahhahahaahahajajahahahajahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahah cant breathe ahahahahahahahahaha

2. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That's just a sentimental argument that wouldn't hold up in a vacuum. That's what I'm going for.

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Your team barely made it past Paraguay in 2010 - be thankful Cardozo did a bad job from the spot. And in 1998, Paraguay had what it took to keep your team from winning, and that result contributed to your team's first round elimination.

As for Spain's performances against Brazil and Argentina - you lost by 3 goals to each team on the last match you had with them.

4. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    But nobody from South America came with the argument the Copa America is better than the world cup" you are the only delusional here thinking that Euro is better than World Cup

Ohh btw is called Copa America not South American Cup. Need Spanish Class Spanish dude, please don't tell me you ain't even from Spain

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    I hope he actually is a Spaniard...

elviejomen repped this.
  6. Andr3sfc

Andr3sfc Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Manaus
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe he's English like that other fella. :D

elviejomen repped this.
  7. wigglesworth

wigglesworth Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Livorno Calcio

Depends on the country. That's why I limited it to the top 5 or 6 national teams in the world.

8. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Stupid argument and biased since it cant never be proven. Plus a lot of clubs have the same players that play for country so they would be weakened by those players playing for the national teams.

Barca vs Argentina which team would messi play for. Bayern vs Germany or even Bayern vs Holland or France or Brasil. Which team would players play for.

There are plenty of players that play for club but arent good enough to play for country. So to me the top national teams are better than the top clubs.

[]__[]

9. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    Peru 1975 was a classy continental champion

patopreto repped this.
  10. Hendrixforpope

Hendrixforpope Member+

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Dec 15, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    You have to take it in a vacuum. Is it that hard to imagine?

11. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Considering that both 2006, and 2010 had all european finals, not sure how those euros wouldn't apply during this generation. IMO there will be an all european final next year as well. Although I wouldn't mind if messi won his WC, guy is truly the greatest.

12. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    considering there was no European final at the conferations cup I find it hard to imagine an all european final

I think it will be a repeat of the Confed final

13. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks everyone! It was very nice to participate on this thread and to be active on Big Soccer after being away for so long. Obrigado!

[​IMG]

14. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    its a pretty straightforward meaning

current Spain demands respect for what they have achieved

historical Spain does not command anywhere near the same amount of respect the history of Brazil demands

Andr3sfc repped this.
  15. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There's good news.....Brazil has climbed upto 9th position in the latest FIFA rankings.

16. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought Brazil would be higher since they beat top ten teams. FIFA rankings don't make sense.

17. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Who gives a ***** about FIFA rankings?

18. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Yes, its only your opinion....Stick to that and be happy in your dreams , but we don't believe it will happen.....Next year it will be Argentina Vs Brazil final.....No europeans in it......Europeans will reach Maximum semi finals...........No european team has ever won in south america. I am hopeful that the crowd will act as the 12th man in crunch games. We had a fair idea of how much crowd support brazil will get next wc. They will surely make the home team more energetic and willing and the opponent more nervous and scared.

19. elviejomen

elviejomen Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Hasbrouck Heights NJ
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Dont waste your time.... Is hopeless, first he came with the ridiculous argument that the Euro is superior than the World Cup I even give him arguments that this is totally false with the Grecce example and he just disregard my argument and answer the same thing like a repeating parrot.

20. rkleemann

rkleemann Member

Oct 28, 2005
    SoCal
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    Whoever has the audacity to say the brazilians (or anyone else for that matter) will kneel down at the feet doesn't deserve any attention. After a statement like that anything else said can just be ignored

21. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ok next euro we'll invite brazil, and argentina, and that's basically a world cup minus a round.

22. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

3-0 hahahaha....I think we played a weak competitor in Final. Tahiti could have given us more competition than Spain......Such a one-sided match. Such a waste of time to even see Brazil play "beach football" with such a weak opponent.

23. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    If the population of Europe or Spain doesn't care for the CC let alone not watch it then why continue in discussion if the Spaniards lost. If it had no relevance than why entertain it? BY continuing to discuss the tragic loss means they can't get over it. Stop floating on that river in Egypt its not worth it. Stomach the loss and move on.

24. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Maybe if Sergio Ramos got his pedicure before the game he would of made that pk.

25. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

So eight teams that made the last 16 of the last WC wouldnt take part in your WC.

[]__[]