2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup: July 7th - 28th

Discussion in 'Gold Cup' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Al_from_Cali

Al_from_Cali New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but this time Mexico is gonna' come on stronger. Sure Panama did beat up on Cuba, but that's because it was Cuba after all. In the upcoming semi, you've gotta' believe that Mexico is going to be favorite with Panama the slight underdogs.

But I hope the U.S. wins it all though. ;-p

2. SaltyCatter

SaltyCatter Member

Feb 16, 2009
    The West
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really need this for placement for nxt Confed Cup, loved this last one , only thing that sucked was no US in it. Let's make '17 --ONE @ a time, E*Sal next.

3. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah I don't doubt it. Never said/think otherwise. Mexico should be the favorite and they'll have the crowd to back them up. All I hope is that Panama is able to play a good match and at least have a chance. They have played Mexico pretty tough in some recent matches so that is not out of the question.

4. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a goal by Donovan. Mexico beware.

5. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    HOnduras beat CR. CR had a great Offense but was shooting blanks. Ill say though we did stall and killl time.

I think we can beat the USA.

Honduras 2 USA 1.

6. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    Possession was something like 70/30. Not much use controlling the ball if you cant break the bunker, and when you do break it you fail to score. Kudos to Honduras for converting one of the few chances they created.

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say USA is the most inform team, 4-1, 4-2 USA's way
    I do hope honduras show more class when losing than el sal:D

8. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    USA-El Salvador match was really fun to watch. Zelaya was as good as advertised, and there was a lot of nice, open, attacking play.

Game was in the balance thru 60 minutes and El Salvador looked really good for the first 15 minutes of the second half, and you had the feeling a 2nd goal was coming. Everything changed after Johnson's header.

Didn't get a chance to see the Honduras match. Saw Saborio miss that early sitter on the replays. Wow.

9. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Honduras bunker ill say the last 25 mns other then that we tried to come out and capitalized on our given chance

10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LOl u believe urself? Panama did what was expected of them. Mexico in the other hand didnt. One goal is all Mexico scored? Against T&T? I expect at least 3.

Panama is well warmed up to beat Mexico again. Even against a very well Mexican supported crowd in Dallas. If I recall didnt Mexico beat Panama last gold cup in texas?? I think Panama is more then motivated.

AmericanArsenal repped this.
  11. Al_from_Cali

Al_from_Cali New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Uh... DO YOU believe yourself, buddy?! First of all, Mexico started out this tournament with a terrible performance & effort against Panama, and only lost by 1 goal. They've played FAR better since, and even though they may not have scored as many goals as they'd like, they did dominate their opponents statistically in their last 3 mathces. That's why every soccer expert (and most fans as well) have Mexico as the favorites over Panama. Now I do want to mention that Panama is having a great tournament (only the U.S. seems to be doing better), and it wouldn't be a total surprise if Panama did beat Mexico again... but still, given that Mexico has the more talented & experienced roster, Panama IS definitely going in as the underdog in this upcoming semi-final match.

Now as for your ridiculous prediction in Honduras being able to beat the U.S. 2-1 (especially after you got through saying how impressive Panama looks to beat Mexico again), you're basically contradicting your own way of thinking. Honduras was barely able to escape Costa Rica who dominated them for most of the match, and was fortunate to get the 1-0 victory. The U.S. on the other hand beat up on El-Salvador 5-1, and also thoroughly dominated all of the other teams that they've played. So according to your own logic, as good as the U.S. have looked so far, they should absolutely annihilate Honduras in the other semi-final match!

12. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All four teams are capable. I think Honduras can count themselves the most fortunate to be here given the glaring nature of some of Costa Rica's misses, but since they never converted, Honduras didn't have to change their shape, and they capitalized on one of the few chances they did have. Fair play to them.

However, I'd have to make the US the strongest favorite in the semi's, and the favorite in the tournament based on recent results. I'd make Mexico a slight favorite over Panama, even given the previous result. Panama beat the USA in group last time, but fell in the KO rounds. Plus, there will be a huge pro-Mexican crowd. I'd rate Honduras as the biggest underdog, though I think their speed, especially down the US's right side, could be a problem.

13. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    To me, I think that both Honduras and US will look at what caused the other problems in their defense. I think both defenses were a little flattered by the scoreline.

14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So how many injuries?

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 a 0 the good guys.

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I am surprised at how poor a game Chávez has had today: upto tonight he had been arguably the best CB in the GC.

17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like I will be wearing my USA Jersey on Sunday.

Unak78, colins1993 and LGRod repped this.
  18. SlowFox

SlowFox Member

Aug 16, 1999
    The only question I have is: "why was Eddie Johnson channeling Elsa Lanchester"? :)

19. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fuck I missed the goals because I was watching the Libertadores final.

20. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any one is trying to get rid of their Gold Cup final tickets please let me know.

I will give you 20 bucks for each ticket.

21. Brian Chenault

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I bet there will be plenty available from El Tri fans

22. deuce dempsey fan

Nov 18, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is looking to get rid of any Gold Cup final tickets, let me know. I will give you 35 bucks for each ticket. Please let me know. Thanks.

23. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dang Duce why are you driving up the price. lol!

deuce dempsey fan repped this.
  24. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone is looking to get rid of their Gold Cup final tickets, let me know. I will give you 5,000 Iraqi dinar for each ticket.

cnaw, Unak78, MetroChile and 2 others repped this.
  25. Unak78

Unak78 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 17, 2007
    PSG & Enyimba FC
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

Way to go Blas!

Simon Phoenix & Donovan!