2013/2015 Sotan Tanabe @ CE Sabadell FC \ Yukiya Sugita @ Hercules Alicante (ESP) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by Dax, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No it wouldn't. Completely different setting

2. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    You are totally right about the first part, Barcelona B cannot play the play-off due to obvious reasons, so the 7th team would be able to play it. This increases the chances.

However, I'm with Dax, this is a quite different situation.
    To begin with, this club doesn't have economic resources to fire the current players and sign better ones.
    The best striker of the team has a contract that ends this season and they are having a lot of trouble to retain him, simply because of very low offers made from the club. I think replacing Tanabe would not be the priority, especially after they told him to stay 1 more year.
    However it is true that a hypothetical promotion would change a lot of things.

3. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    can title of thread be changed to
    2013/2014 Sotan Tanabe @ CE Sabadell FC

i didnt follow this thread at all till toda due to title of thread. totatlly confused me

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No, and the reason is explained in the first pages.

5. Clad

Clad Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    -
    ah, i see now.

excellent idea.

should do this more often with less famous players.

not just those from second divisions. but also first.

e.g combine M. yoshida + T. lee would have been good idea at time

or Hasebe + Kiyotake

not just people from same time, same league may also be justified so long as league is less famous

e.g

yuya kubo + another japanese from swiss league.

and your right. it helps keep the thread upto date

6. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The decision regarding this thread is still reasonable, although events have turned upside down, as the beginning of the season was an excellent moment for Sugi and a tough one for Tanabe, now it's completely the opposite.

Sugi's glory after that early goal and SO MANY compliments from everybody, including Barcelona's Piqué, have all faded away and he doesn't even have chances to play as his team drowns into relegation.

Tanabe on the other hand has had a difficult process of adaptation that ended with a spot on the starting eleven, 4 goals for him (with 2 of them granting the victory in 2 matches) and many crucial assists. Not bad at all.

My biggest concern now is what will happen to Sugi if Hercules is relegated... as he has signed until 2018, with a termination clause of 1 million euros...........

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    he will suck it up and play in the third division, he's not immune to relegations.

8. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    TODAY IS THE BIG DAY!

I haven't been updating this regularly because there were no major news, but now it's time to inform of the current situation, as today is the final day of 2nd division and if Sabadell wins today and other circumstances are met, the team will access the promotion playoff to 1st division (La Liga).

I will not say anything regarding Hércules and Sugi because the team is already relegated.

Explanation of what needs to happen in Sabadell in order to make it:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    1st and 2nd are automatically promoted.
    FC Barcelona B cannot be promoted for obvious reasons, so they won't play the playoff and the 7th team will.

The final match is Sabadell - Recreativo at home.

Sabadell needs to win today, and it gets to the playoff if:
    -Las Palmas and Córdoba draw in their two matches
    -Córdoba loses and Las Palmas wins
    -Las Palmas loses and Córdoba wins
    -Both lose

Made it a spoiler just in case you don't care so much about that.

Now, the atmosphere is expected to be epic. The club has been selling tickets for 5 euros all week, and this morning they distributed little flags to make a better atmosphere:
    Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope Sotan understands the epicness that is gonna be unfolded today and plays accordingly :D

Regardless of what happens today, the team has achieved their objective of staying in 2nd division and they are doing the extra effort of getting promoted.
    When last year Japanese investors took over the club, they didn't expect this. Seeing the good results has made them inject more money for next season and in fact today they announced that they have a new shirt sponsor, a Japanese investment fund.

When I come back from the stadium I wish I can announce some good news and perhaps a good review of Sotan's match ^^

naopon, sc-f, Majster2 and 1 other person repped this.
  9. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    The dream was not possible this season. Final result: 0-0.

The team did its best, players were exhausted, there were chances for both sides, but none of the teams could win.

Sotan:
    I can only say thank you. The progression throughout this season was incredible, today he showed his quality and skills, and towards the end he tried to reach a cross but collided with the keeper and ended up hitting his head on the post.
    You could see he was at his physical limit, like the rest of the team, so he ended up playing as right back, even if he kept attacking the whole time.

At the end of the match, everybody jumped into the field to congratulate the players and say goodbye to the best season in Sabadell's last 27 years.

[​IMG]

I jumped into the field as well to check the post in which Sotan hit his head. There was a small red mark (you probably won't see it) and people were debating whether that would be Sotan's blood, but anyhow I decided to take a picture and make that effort immortal.

[​IMG]

Thank you for following this thread. I'll try to keep it updated for summer news in case Sotan stays next season.

10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    GunnerTNB and OishiiUdon repped this.
  11. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    According to that, Hércules owe money to Sugi... they signed a professional contract but didn't pay him!!! WTF...
    Anyway they also state that a few teams are watching closely...

Thanks for the news by the way~

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Yes, I think that could explain why Sugi suddenly stopped featuring for Hercules.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sotan Tanabe's loan to Sabadell has been extended by a year, to June 2015.

scotch17, GunnerTNB, Radu Razvan and 3 others repped this.
  14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    =| if true
    hope he gets out of there as soon as possible then, hopefully Hercules needs some money too

about Tanabe, good. He's settled in perfectly now.

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  16. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Holy shit how could that have happened? If that injury affected the muscle nearby the spot he suffers from, it would require around 6 months of recovery :(

Looks like they are not sure yet though.

17. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
  18. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nope, Sugi from Hércules.

About Tanabe, as we talked about before, he is staying one more year on loan, and this season he will wear the number 17 on his back (I liked 21 more though...)

The team is playing several friendly matches this month and the next, with the only interesting clash scheduled for the 16th of August against RCD Espanyol, the only 1st division side on Sabadell's pre-season.

Other than that, the only news has been that Sabadell lost his best striker, which means Tanabe could have a more important role in the team's offensive plays.

Radu Razvan repped this.
  19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  20. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    First their relegation, now this... from bad to worse.

21. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Today was Sabadell's first pre-season game at home, so I went there basically to see how Tanabe is doing.

If you don't wanna read the whole thing, just read bold sentences.

The first impression during warm-up was that Tanabe is totally integrated, he was joking around with teammates and he later practised some shots from 25 meters. Those are 2 things that he would never do in warm-ups before.

With the departure of the best striker his role on the team has changed. There are many new signings and now he's sort of an established player. As soon as the match started it was clear that from now on it's very likely that he'll be playing on a much more centered position throughout the midfield, as opposed to being completely isolated on the left wing like last year (This change of position was done already in the last 2 pre-season matches away).

The first half was amazing, and I'm not exaggerating, he was the man of the match's first half. On the center, he now distributes possession and easily finds association with teammates. You could see him all the time raising his hand to ask for the ball, not hiding at any time and dribbling 2 defenders in a row like it's the easiest thing in the world, near the box and also in defensive positions where it would be dangerous without the proper nerve and technique.
    He also helped in defensive tasks recovering possession several times.
    To summarize, he is more confident than ever before. He attempted some long range shots and one of them was close to finding the back of the net.

2nd half, not so much to say, the whole team went down and as time passed he was visibly tired, he played the whole game but could not run too much for the last 15-20 minutes. He moved to the left side and didn't attempt many things from there but he kept delivering great passes.

I see potential for him this season but I'm very worried about the fact that nobody looks like a striker on this team, the match ended 0-0 with a weak rival and it's very likely that Tanabe will have to take responsibility often and create chances. We'll see how everything evolves.

GunnerTNB and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  22. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #172 OishiiUdon, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    More news regarding Tanabe and Sabadell! Don't wanna write a novel here so it'll be bullet points.

-3 days ago the team won 0-2 away. Can't comment since I couldn't watch the game.
    -Today they won 3-0, and Tanabe scored a goal!!!!!!

Match facts:
    -He played only the second half but scored his goal very soon after a great movement behind the back of the defense and taking time to prepare his shot, adjusting it to the post.
    -For some reason, he played as left back for the last 15 minutes (WTF?). He shouldn't play there simply because he's not a defender and that's his weak point... but anyway...
    -During the match some people cheered him a lot, and some kids next to me were saying that Tanabe is their favorite player.
    -After the match many people gathered near the dressing room tunnel to get pictures with him, so he spent 5 minutes with the fans while nobody cared too much about other players. Seems he's a beloved guy now.

On a side note, today they revealed the home kit for this season. The Japanese flag is on the back of the neck this time, instead of the left sleeve like last season. Underneath is the slogan "Together we are stronger", always present since last year Japanese investors took over the club.

[​IMG]

We'll see if we have highlights for this game, since it's still pre-season.

naopon, YakYak, Radu Razvan and 4 others repped this.
  23. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #173 OishiiUdon, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    Another match today (yes, some brilliant minds decided to organize 2 matches in 24 hours with this hot weather).

Sabadell 2 - 2 Masnou
    Tanabe scored 2 goals !! The first was a header after a corner kick and the second was kind of a mistake of the goal keeper, but Tanabe made the shot.

The game was kind of a training match (most players were from Sabadell B), but it's good to see Tanabe in form :)

I also realized Tanabe went to talk to someone in the other team when the match ended... so I went closer to see who it was, and the guy was Japanese! there is a Japanese player in C.D. Masnou! He was wearing number 20 but since it's pre-season that might not be his real number, and I can't find his name on the internet :/
    Sorry for the off-topic anyway.

naopon, YakYak, Dax and 2 others repped this.
  24. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #174 OishiiUdon, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    Highlights of Saturday's game (3-0) with 1 goal by Tanabe.

He only played the 2nd half, so you can start watching at 6:08
    -6:22 Through ball to the right side
    -6:31 Steals possession and dribbles.
    -6:56 Goal

And something that will never be featured in highlights: constant hard work.

EDIT: I didn't see before there's also yesterday's highlights:

1st goal: 1:46
    2nd goal: 2:27

25. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    2 days ago:
    Reus 0 - 1 Sabadell (1 assist by Tanabe, for the only goal)

Today:
    Sabadell 1 - 0 RCD Espanyol (1st division club)
    Not many highlights, it was a very good game in terms of defense but it was very tough and not too pleasant to watch.
    Tanabe wasn't remarkably good but didn't make noticeable mistakes either. Pretty even game.
    I noticed he made two great runs but his teammates didn't understand his moves, I think he might need to talk better in the pitch, because he makes an effort to use gestures but there is nothing like spoken communication, gotta work on that Spanish!

Radu Razvan, Samurai Warrior and nshires repped this.