2013-2014 Ligue 1 match thread [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique Lyonnais' started by AfrcnHrbMan, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It's that time of the year again folks[​IMG]

OL v. OGC NICE

NicolasN. repped this.
  2. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon are gonna be without Gonalons, Umtiti, and Kone through suspension. Nice will be without, Kolodziejczak, Mendy, and Cvitanich.

NicolasN. repped this.
  3. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Les équipes

LYON : Lopes – Lopes, Bisevac, Fofana, Bedimo – Mvuemba, Ferri – Lacazette, Grenier, Gourcuff – Benzia
    NICE : Ospina – Puel, Genevois, Digard, Genevois, Amavi – Abriel, Mah. Traoré – Pied, Brüls, Bauthéac - Eysseric

NicolasN. repped this.
  4. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon goals all came from class players today needs to be said !

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    magnificent match! great to see how well fofana filled in at the back with all the other usual suspects were suspended, bedimo looks good, alex showed he really is pointman material, that miguel lopes is some player. MOTM? gournier. besides how well both played individually, the way they clicked together was exciting.

bafé says he wants to reintegrate the A squad, and i feel his attitude will be good, that's just the way he is. what's not to like ? who needs licha?

we very well may be in first place tomorrw, with laca leading scorer. let's just stop th season right here!

6. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Or how about how they both clicked with Lacazette? I still think that Gourcuff deserves the MOTM accolades because he was just phenomenal. But the 3 of them should all get some type of award today.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Gomis scores more goals and is more durable. Not as techincal as Lisandro but its obvious you were only going to keep 1 of them and if its Gomis I would be fine with that.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he was and always will be my first choice too. he's just the type of point man i like the most, the kind who do so much more than just score themselves. gomis is about as far from a clinical finisher as a #9 can be, which leads many to the idea that he doesn't score... luckily there are such things as statistics to prove that's a misconception.

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    here's what JMA had to say about gomis on olweb

"Obviously Licha's departure creates a new problem. I hope to try to bring everyone to the discussion table. We've had no proposals for Bafé. We might think of, with Licha's departure, recruiting a center forward or someone who can play on the right side. But i repeat, let's reconsider the question. I'm ready to go to Bafé to discuss with him. One has to be humble, me first of all. Bafé needs to play. I tell myself it would be a mistake to remain inflexible in our position. We have to work with his agent to find a solution that suits him so he can remain at OL with good relations."

http://www.olweb.fr/fr/article/un-president-satisfait-et-resolu-63192.html

10. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I just wanted to pop in and say i love clement grenier as a player...that is all

AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  11. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i was able to watch the sochaux match on real TV in the states and was pleased wit just about everything about it.

not so for my first time this season to gerland (i just got back). i was amazed to see they were watering the pitch when i got to my seat about 5 min before kickoff, because any lummox could see it was threatening to rain and rain it did. a deluge. that was no excuse for the timid start, but after 2o-25 minutes play was going to be sluggish no matter what, and the last 10 minutes of the half the ball wouldn't even roll.

the rain stopped almost precisely at the HT whistle, but the groundskeepers did a pretty poor job at first, thinking they could just fork some holes for the water to run into when there was 5 times too much for that. buquet came out at the end of the half, examined the field and gave them 15 extra minutes, and only then did they start sweeping water off the field. that, plus the extra runoff time, made things very playable: footing had never been the problem, actually the pitch was in great shape (hope it still is). OL started to put on the pressure, and forced agassa to make some tough stops, plus they hit the bar... when the penalty on ferri finally came it was a logical conclusion to a period of real dominance. but when grenier skied that it was the play of the match. lyon became impatient, stopped playing as confidently and left spaces behind too; SdR's goal came on a fluke shot but that counter was real danger, and one that never should have presented itself.

OL's best player was gourcuff again, gonalons good too... the disappointments for me were bahlouli and ferri... perhaps i was expecting too much of a couple of very young kids, but these aren't the guys that are going to do it for us right now. starting danic when he had hurt himself warming up was a bad move, and bringing in ferri (and moving yoyo to the left) when he had to stop after 10 minutes another; bringing in benzia right away would have worked better.

lefutur and AfrcnHrbMan repped this.
  12. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Can't really add much to what Guingol just said. After the missed peno, I definitely had a bad feeling about the match. It's one hiccup, but it makes me feel certain this squad wont be able to salvage anything in Spain, and we'll be playing in the Europa League again this year...

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that wasa foregone conclusion to me.

14. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was holding out a glimmer of hope. I was thinking back to that time when we thrashed Zagreb in the group stages. That was a thing of beauty haha.

15. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    great second half performance against Nantes today. was happy to see Briand score a goal like that.

16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    OL actually looked started looking good real right after nantes' goal. especially malbranque changed, he was invisible up to that point. awesome work from bafé again.

17. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    2 guys who were being pushed out the door were instrumental in the win. The people who wanted Gomis out the door really must be JMA Kool Aid drinkers. Thats the only explanation.

18. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    No. I just think that those fans want a striker who never misses and is never caught offside, never looks clumsy and is as fast as Usain Bolt.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if by people you mean fans, you have to know that there is a significant population of lowbrows in both ends that never liked gomis (because he came from sainté i guess) and no amount of work, goals or attitude can change that. when you're that stupid, it's for life.

20. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
  21. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I know Gomis's faults but I say get rid of him IF you were going to replace him with someone better but you werent going to do that you were just going to go with your younger players already on the roster. Lacazette doesnt seem to be developing fast enough as they hoped.

22. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    So is this what it looks like when Lyon doesn't have their hearts in the match? After that ASSE match, this should have been one for the taking. Controlled the first half, and got complacent in the second...

23. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Lyon should sign a big name striker !
    Stephan El Shaarawy ?
    Michu ?
    Nicklas Bendtner?
    Alexandre Pato
    ?

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    none of these guys are worth even a quarter of the money they'd want. i'd try to get martial back on loan.

lefutur repped this.
  25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    by moments they showed plenty of fight, just not enough concentration. if not for steed's blunder we still win, but you're right, it shouldn't have been close.