2013-2014 Borussia Dortmund Champions' League Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Fare In The 2013-2014 CL?

1. BVB will be the ones celebrating in Lisbon on May 24, 2014

7 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. BVB will be the ones disappointed in Lisbon on May 24, 2014

2 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. BVB will make the semi-finals, but lose there.

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. BVB will make the quarter-finals, but lose there.

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  5. BVB will make the round of 16, but lose there.

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. BVB will not get out of the group stage.......

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  7. I don't know.......

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  1. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You're wrong here.

Shinji didn't rule out any return to Germany. He ruled out coming back at that time.

This is still true. But I slightly disagree with one thing. There have been indications that Shinji has been considering his future. You just haven't gotten it in the mainstream media just yet.

A lot will depend on who the next United boss will be........

2. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Were you signed in?? ;)

Lahmfan repped this.
  3. Vlad S.

Vlad S. Member+

May 6, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL I must have been if I was able to post

footyfan1 repped this.
  4. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Cool! :)

5. Zarastro

Zarastro Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Zorc was asked on Sunday or so if the complicated contract situation with Immobile would mean that Dortmund has lost interest in him. Zorc merely answered that a complicated contract situation did not stop them from signing Mkhitaryan, although he did not mention Immobile by name or so. Those public rumours are often wrong, but they are the only indication of potential signings we get so we'll have to work with them.

For the record, I never said he'd go to Newcastle or Stoke, but I believe it is reasonable to expect that other English top-clubs could be interested in him. Of course I don't know how much it personally means for him to play in England, but I remember all those Japanes reporters asking him when'd go to England and just how big status of the EPL is inn Japan. Maybe I am wrong, the status of BL has improved significantly in the last 3 years but just because he might leave ManU does not mean that he'd end up in Dortmund.

Of course, I just meant that just because there were talks between Dortmund and his agent his future becomes suddenly more likely.

Indeed. Hopefully someone who cant properly utilize Kagawa either.

6. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sky Sports Germany. In the meantime, someone else told me about it. The guy who e-mailed me said RN took that sentence and immediately reported that Immobile is "BVB's top transfer target."

I trust RN, but I don't get this from what Zorc. I get that we're interested. Nothing more.

No, you didn't. And I didn't say you did. I was just illustrating why I don't believe Shinji will do anything to stay in the EPL. Which you also did not say, but you did originally call the EPL Shinji's "dream." Just illustrating how this is not correct.

Agreed. But answer this. Why would he choose another new situation which isn't the one he "dreamed" of over the one he knows and still gets him CL Football??

Let's not just try to prove our opinions to be correct. Let's talk about the entire thing.

I already said those who think if he leaves Manchester United he will automatically be coming back to BVB are being presumptious. But I also feel the same of thinking some other EPL club would have an advantage over BVB. I don't think this is the case.

I think if it came down to BVB or another EPL club, Shinji would return to BVB. This is only because I don't think Shinji would take a move from Manchester United (his dream club) to United's rivals Liverpool or Man Shitty. Chelsea is already overloaded in midfield. Arsenal? I don't think Shinji would pick Arsenal over BVB. Not to mention Arsenal has a nice midfield logjam too.

Big clubs from other countries? I think they could possibly lure him.

Who? Clubs like Juventus, AS Roma, and Atletico Madrid. I think this is possible competition we should not forget about.

I think you overestimate what it means to him to "play in England." He said when he left Dortmund that he would not have left BVB for any club other than Manchester United. I don't think he was saying this for the sake of the fans. I believe Shinji truly loved his time at Borussia Dortmund and honestly would have never left had Manchester United not called.

I do not believe Shinji he would choose another English club just to appease Japanese fans. They were pretty freakin' happy for him when he lifted the trophy in Dortmund too.......

I think Japanese fans would be just as happy to see Shinji competing in the CL again for Borussia Dortmund.

I don't think they've ever been out of contact for long. BVB Management (Klopp, Zorc and Watzke) loves Shinji and will bring him back if they can.

I know this does not mean they will get anything done. But I can't remember the last player BVB Management has been this open about bringing home. Maybe Sahin, but they had some denials first.

I am with you as far as we should not get our hopes up. However, I also will not sit here and diminish our chances either. I know there is nothing to truly debate until Shinji and the new Manchester United boss decide Shinji's future. BVB fans should not forget we had a similar situation before the current season.

Kevin de Bruyne wanted to join us. We wanted him. However, Chelsea's new manager (Mourinho) talked de Bruyne into taking his shot at making it at Chelsea.

This is a subject that will stay "hot" until decisions are made in Manchester.

I think that much, we can agree on.

7. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The decision to be made has to come from Shinji. The moment he says yes it's pretty much cast in stone. If I am not mistaken I think Dortmund have even tabled a gentleman's agreement at some point in the past to lure him back.

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think this has already been mentioned but Dortmund's spot in pot 2 is a lock. Real, Atletico/Chelsea and Benfica are already pot 1 teams for next year. Juventus might peg us back, especially if they win but it's just one team. Valencia won't qualify and even if Sevilla miraculously does are way behind us.

To make it to pot 1 next year we'd have to win pretty much every single game and make it to the semis.

9. BVB1989

BVB1989 Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Bled, Slovenia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    I doubt Shinji is going anywhere this year. It depends how important would he be for the new coach. I would be suprised if he leaves United this year, probably he'll try to break through for the last time there.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah likely. The longer he takes the riskier it gets. United will offload him in 2015 for sure. I don't see how he is going to break into a squad that has Mata and Rooney. And then if we aren't interested (unthinkable right?) he's screwed.

11. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia

It did end this way...

[​IMG]

12. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    It is a time to open a 14/15 thread. Footy, where are you?:)