2013/15 Shinji Okazaki @ FSV Mainz (GER)

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by sc-f, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    #776 Majster2, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
    Doppelpack!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    Some little fun facts: Shot the most away goals of any players in Buli (9). Is second only to Alex Meier (7, already out the remaining season) in shooting the first goal of a match (6).

Samurai Warrior and Majster2 repped this.
  3. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If he gets a good offer this summer, maybe movin' is the right decision. But it depends on who makes the offer. BVB would be awesome.

5. nakata101

nakata101 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Dual Shinji Processor!!

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Mainz does not seem to want to sell him in Bundesliga.

7. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Imho he need to stay here where he's a starter, a star and ********ing score tons of goals. Move it will be a mistake.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Without any consideration for where he potentially moves? That sounds inane.

9. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Kruse to Wolfsburg! A place for Okazaki at Gladbach?

10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    He need to stay or he will be benched. He's 29, Mainz is a good club for him and he will finish his career in Japan then why transfer?
    He will be 32 in 2018, probably too old for that World Cup.
    It's a pity that our best striker since ages never scored in a WC stage (1 in 2010 but Honda make the job for him).

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Uhm teioh Okazaki also scored against Colombia...
    And 32 is certainly not too old for a World Cup, come on.
    Not sure why he would be benched in a club that wants to spend more several millions for him, either? Let him enjoy one last chance.

Radu Razvan and Samurai Warrior repped this.
  12. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Completly forget that goal. That match is a painful memory.
    Gladbach had that negative experience with Otsu, I prefer avoid another case Honda this time.

13. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    What has the nationality to do with this Okazaki/Otsu Story ? Otsu was forced into the club by the management of Gladbach. Lucien Favre was told that he dont want him and that``s was the reason. Fave also said that he realy like Okazaki and that he is a awesome player...he doen`t say that often about players. I think the chances that Okazaki changes to Gladbach are good and I really hope it happens cause there he can score a little more goals then in Mainz and became a even greater player.

14. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Let's hope for him these are not only bs talks.

15. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gladbach is in the market for a striker, and Okazaki is one of the best in the Bundesliga who has shown his quality and versatility with Mainz. He is also within BMG's budget. Isn't it obvious why Favre would be interested?

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's EPL or Mainz imo. Is Gladbach willing to use all of Max Kruse money on Okazaki (for Heidel, that might not be enough since EPL clubs can offer more)?

17. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kruse official. Reported release clause of 12m Euros. http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...ermany-forward-max-kruse-from-gladbach-051015

Now, who in the EPL (dunno if Leicester is still interested) would go in for Okazaki, and how much would they pay? I think Heidel claiming he wouldn't be sold to a Buli competitor is BS, it's hard to see BMG and Mainz as real direct competitors in any significant sense.

18. NaohiroTakahara

NaohiroTakahara Member+

Nov 12, 2013
    I think the talks about "we sell Okazaki not in Germany" are bullshit,only talkings.....the player has some words in it either and Okazaki doesn`t want to go to a club like Leichester, who is no compare to Mainz. When Glabbach bet 7-10 millions for Okazaki, what is real possible, then I think Mainz says "okay" if Shinji wants it to. Okazaki gave everything to Mainz and they know it, they don`t want to roll stones in his way.
    Last season itwas a different situation,his contract was running 2 years,now only 1, no matter if Heidel and Mainz saying "We only sell Shinji for 13-15 million". Even Dortmund get 15 million for Kagawa, who was a little better maybe the compare is difficuilt,cause other positions).

I have a very good feeling about the Gladbach - Okazaki story and the Champions League factor could be a change for Shinji to stay in Germany. He has proven that he can score every season 10-15 goals, so Lucien Fave knows that he can count on him. He would fit perfect in Gladbachs counter attack system.

Lets see and wait.

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Lets not underestimate the stupidity of mid-table/low-tier EPL clubs in how they spend (okay, Liverpool too). They can easily spend 12m+ Euros on Okazaki. Leicester weren't the only club linked to Okazaki in Jan (even if they were from tabloids).

I'll be happy if he moves to Gladbach to play for Champions League, but at the same time... Raffael + Okazaki partnership doesn't excite me. Also, Okazaki's at the right age to challenge himself at EPL if he wishes. I personally want to see Okazaki or other Japanese players succeed outside of Bundesliga.

20. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, EPL teams waste cash all the time. I just don't envision one banking on a short Japanese dude from some mediocre club in Germany to play CF for them. Remember that Mainz need to cash in on Okazaki this offseason and would probably accept an offer from BMG, even if it's slightly below competing offers from England.

21. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    My faith in EPL clubs splashing their cash on Okazaki is greater compared to BMG/Max Eberl spending majority of Max Kruse transfer money on Okazaki. If Mainz valued Okazaki at 5-6m euro, perhaps a deal can be arranged but 8m+ euro for 29yr FW? Also, is Favre willing to start two short FWs together (Raffael + Okazaki)?

22. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is 8m even that much to pay for Okazaki? At that rate it seems like a pretty low risk move to me.

23. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #798 takeuchi, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  24. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club: