(2013.10.11) International Friendly: Serbia x Japan [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Oct 7, 2013.

1. OneiroPhobia

OneiroPhobia Member

Feb 10, 2010
  2. uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89

Nov 27, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nice gif. I'm gonna use it every time something bad happens with the jnt :D

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  3. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I thinke I won't be able to see it, that sucks.

4. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Endo with an ankle distortion, we'll see in the next days.

5. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I dont mean to sound mean, but in a way this is good. We need JNT to test other options and minor changes in first elven especially in those critical areas where we kind of know change is needed.

MC, DC, ST

6. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Yeah but someone here said that these two friendlies are not for experiments but to try the (possibly official) starting lineup for WC.

7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Serbia and Belarus aren't the same though

8. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Technology is amazing these days.

OneiroPhobia repped this.
  9. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    can someone give me the squad list for the two friendlies?

10. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012

BigDnm01 repped this.
  11. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    It seems this is going to be a farewell match for Dejan Stankovic.

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah, he will play 10-15 minutes for sure. He even made a joke about not wanting to "hurt" Nagatomo :D

13. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    Vidic will be there too?
    I wanna a Kagawa goal so much...

14. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Vidic is retired from the Serbian NT.

15. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    And that says a lot about what's going on with Serbia-situation right now.
    They failed WC qualification in the worst possible way.

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serbia is still pretty good in the back, even if Subotic is taking an indefinite vacation from the NT. (He should have played for the US...)
    Unfortunately they are short on real difference makers on the offensive end. Mihajlovic shouldn't have kicked Ljajic out.

17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Let's not be too optimistic about it, I have a bad feeling about an away game in football crazy country. There is still plenty of good players in this squad.

18. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    the worst possible way? wtf? I checked and they only lost an away match against Macedonia, that shouldn't have happened. Other than that, they lost to Belgium who is a powerhouse, and lost with Croatia which is a little better than them. I don't think chances to qualify where much high this time. They are a really good team.

19. TODOROKI_11

TODOROKI_11 Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    .... and our defense suxx.

20. c shima

c shima Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Will definitely be interesting to see how we fare in a super hostile environment. The Balkan countries seem to have the worst problems with hooliganism and racism. Definitely wouldn't be surprised to hear a few monkey chants throughout the match.

21. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I wonder sometimes if you're just serious or not. Serbia NT has been crap for the last four years. Since the debacle of WC2010, something just isn't there. They were full of talent, but they have been able to be overtaken in the EURO2012 qualfiication by Italy (ok) and Estonia (!). They weren't even able of taking the 2nd place. And in this group for WC2014 qualification everything came out pretty clearly: I wouldn't have bet a euro on their qualification. Infact, they get eliminated pretty soon and draw in Scotland, plus not only being befeated, but CRASHED by Belgium at home.

22. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Numbers for the friendlies:

▼GK
    1  Kawashima
    12 Nishikawa
    23 Gonda

▼DF
    15 Konno
    19 Inoha
    5  Nagatomo
    6  Morishige
    2  Uchida
    22 Yoshida
    21 Sakai H
    3  Sakai G

▼MF
    7  Endo
    17 Hasebe
    13 Hosogai
    4  Honda
    16 Yamaguchi

▼FW
    9  Okazaki
    18 Havenaar
    14 Inui
    10 Kagawa
    8  Kiyotake
    11 Kakitani
    20 Saito

Samurai Warrior and GunnerTNB repped this.
  23. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I'm wondering the same myself about you.
    Serbia NT hasn't been "crap" for the last four years just because they didn't qualify. Infact, they have improved compared to the years before (they also didn't qualify to the Euro2008, you know?). So I have no idea what do you mean with "Since the debacle of WC2010, something just isn't there."
    Sorry, what have they achieved before result-wise?

Especially if you consider that they now lost even more players since when Serbia and Montenegro didn't play together anymore.
    Let's not confuse Serbia with Yugoslavia please: what are you comparing their result to? I mean, if that's your metric, then they've always been crap, which isn't true of course since they even drew with Italy in those Euro 2012 qualifiers.
    They destroyed Japan 3-0 before the world cup in one of Okada's hardest moment.
    Then they beat Germany at the world cup, lost to Australia (who also drew with Ghana) and Ghana.

Second: Estonia is the same team that were going to beat the Netherlands in the world cup qualifications at home if it wasn't for a super late Van Persie penalty. They can pull upsets from time to time and suffer great losses when they take goals too. I remember they also beating Uruguay(!) 2-0 in a friendly.
    I don't know why to make it look as if other teams are piece of shit, when Croatia also lost to Scotland at home. Many European teams are very very close and that's what leads to different results (like Poland topping their group in the Euro 2008 qualifications).

24. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Dax, Netherlands didn't play at full potential with Estonia...to be serious, they were already qualified. Estonia is a poor team...i saw them against Romania. When you call Serbia and you lose against Estonia is a problem.

25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Huh? Nope, they were not qualified and infact there are RVP, Robben, Strootman and other quality players on the pitch.
    Besides, you don't get the point. I'm not saying that Estonia is a strong team, I just said that they can pull off upsets. Jordan is also a "poor team" comparable to Estonia yet they beat us, also thanks to Endo failing a penalty. But it happens. It's football, and Serbia is much better. It's made of circumstances and cycles. What would've happened if Serbia was in Montenegro's group? Are they much better than Serbia and that's why they're still in contention? A look at their lineup would make you think.

You have to rate a team for the football the play. Can Serbia beat us at home? Yeah, definitely.
    Is Serbia usually a strong, consistent team in competitions? No.