(2013.07.21) EAFF Tokutei Asian Cup: Japan x China [R]

Discussion in 'Japan' started by OneiroPhobia, Jul 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teioh

teioh Member+

Apr 17, 2012
    I called it -.-

2. j007

j007 Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i not new i been here along time

3. Godzillaradio

Godzillaradio Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Australia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ffs....komano....

4. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Japan are actually a team of chokers now, it's quite disgusting. I miss the days when Japan won from time to time.

5. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    that will happen again when the team is cleverly composed

6. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ah, so like against Italy

7. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    The team was cleverly composed against Italy and we lost so let's make nonsense !

The defense line made up of guys who can build from the back (lol) was crap as expected, Makino is not a left back, Kurihara has square feet and he's slow and Morishige is not really good.
    Kudo on the right side was useless and Kakitani was too isolated upfront. The team lacked cohesion but that was to be expected since they've only been training for three days.

8. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    at least you guys have strikers who can score

it doesn't matter if you keep the other team's passing % at around 30% for stretches of the game and keep majority of possession when no one on your team can finish chances

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well, an entertaining game. The attacking department of this JNT team was quite impressive. But the defense, on the contrast, seemed shaky at best. The Korean commentators pointed out Kakitani as the player for us to look out for over and over. Kudo got quite a few praises as well.

BTW, why is Makino a LB? I saw him playing today and against Jeonbuk, and he should be as far away from the goal as possible... He has a decent cross in him, but in all aspects of defending, he looks like a liability.

10. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Komano is garbage.

11. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    that's just a meme you like to reiterate, as Kurihara was there just because he is a veteran, but he sucked today, and nobody made decent passes, especially in the first half
    Kudo in my opinion was one of the best players on the pitch in this mess.
    Indeed the teamlacked cohesion, so I'm looking foward to the next match to see if it's improved

:(

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    who gives a damn if he's a veteran ! Kazu is a veteran too. I want someone who can play. Was his veteran power useful when he lost his guy on the third chinese goal ? Or did his veteran power help him prevent the first PK ? I'm no Tulio apologist but if you want a veteran, pick the right one ...

it doesn't matter. In the end he picked defenders who were supposed to be able to build from the back and not only they missed ALL their passes but they also defended like amateurs.

He can't trap the ball, has no particular speed or dribble. On the right side it's a stupid move but he gets saved because Kakitani served him a goal on a plate. That's like a veeeery poor man Okazaki. Very poor.

13. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

Nevertheless he was quite impressive. His movement going foward and getting behind defenders was quite impressive.

Dax repped this.
  14. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    yes. But if you can't get a hold of the ball it's useless.

15. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

Still, he stood out today along with Kakitani. Whether bad first touch or not.

16. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Kurihara's biggest asset is Nakazawa. Didn't help that Komano back-pedalled with no challenge on cross for third goal. I was surprised the ball made it that far.

Godzillaradio and Saku² repped this.
  17. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Yes I absolutely agree.

Because the match was very weak. Kakitani wasn't good and still ended out as the stand out performer. Says a lot.

18. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

You say that, but they made the game so much more refreshing to watch than our attacking department, who had over 60% of the possession and had 20 something shots, and scored none. Also, it seems that you have a very high expectation for a tournament like EAFF.

Keren repped this.
  19. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I have no expectation in terms of results, I'm just frustrated when dumb and avoidable things materialize themselves.

And I would rather have players that can exchange passes, trap the ball, try difficult things (!) rather than nothing and three goals in between. In the long run the first approach will pay off.

20. BigDnm01

BigDnm01 Member

May 14, 2011
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    What is the score? I read through the thread, but there is no Final score...

21. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

3-3. A Japanese defense collapse in the end contributed.

22. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I say the exact same thing about China, this game was a mess and really bad defending from both teams. Judging by the games so far Korea looks favourites to win

23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

If we can learn to put the ball in the f*cking net after getting it to the final third after dominating the game. Yes.

24. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Trust me you will score atleast one or two against us if our defenders doesnt step up their game. Australia defended well against you guys and Galekovic had a hell of game, even though most shots were straight at him

25. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC

I really hope your words will come true next game. I thought especially the through balls were the killers. The Chinese defense looked really vulnerable against them. Also, how's your goalkeeper? Is he usually better than his showing today?

To the BSJ users, sorry for getting side-tracked.