Alert: 2012 Season Tickets!

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Heggis27

Heggis27 Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    I renewed my pair earlier today as well and asked about Lockhart contingency plans and James said FAU's new stadium was the emergency option. Hopefully the FAA doesn't cause a problem.

2. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know a lot of people were advocating the Cricket Stadium instead, but personally I'm all for this. One way or another, the Strikers could well be without Lockhart for some period of time at some point next season. If the Schlitterbahn deal falls through, it's entirely possible that the FAA will demand another unreasonable lease agreement. If it does go through (my money is squarely on this being the case anyway) there will be some pretty extensive renovations to Lockhart, probably to the point of keeping the team from playing there while they're going on. FAU is literally a minute off of 95. Yes it's about 10 - 15 minutes further north, and that sucks for 305ers and even those from South Broward maybe. But it's a brand new, state of the art facility, and it's not really that much more difficult to get to, and it's not in a somewhat sketchy area like surrounds the cricket stadium park. Plus, if Magicjack survives, the door to double-headers swings wide open.

Anyway, we have a lot to look forward to next season. Hopefully it will start with an updated crest with a beautiful gold star above it! :D But for certain we'll see US Open Cup play, plenty of time for scheduling some quality friendlies, hopefully a Lockhart reonvation project, and who knows what else might be on the horizon? We need to show up on October 15th like we have yet to this season. The only downer about last night was the pitiful crowd. 3,400? Really? For the first Ft. Lauderdale Strikers playoff game in God only knows how many years? All of us need to start demaning the local media give this team some coverage. We need to let South Florida sports fans know that there is a pro team in town good enough to make the playoff semifinals. I sure hope that performance Saturday night got a lot of fans giddy enough to jump on the season ticket deal.