2012 Season Ticket Renewal thread

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Buzz Killington, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been to the Shield Club. It was okay but definitely not worth the extra money IMO.

2. aletheist

aletheist Member+

Nov 17, 2010
    Olathe, Kansas, USA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I e-mailed Amesha about this. She just called me and explained that the child tickets will indeed be different from the regular ones so that they can only be used by kids 12 and under. In addition, they will only be accepted at one gate--presumably on the south side of the Sprint Plaza--and will NOT be eligible for exchanges. Also, they are not completely free--you still have to pay $40/ticket in taxes and fees.

3. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it the one where you get to be inside before the players walk out and all that jazz?

4. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that I know off. It is the seats in midfield on the West side and get access to the club above the seats.

5. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I believe that's called the Field Club....been there, done that for the home opener this season. Highly recommend it! Been in the Victory Suite for a game as well....also highly recommend.

6. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, yeah, I was thinking it was in the lower level or 'bowels' if you will, that has some buffet stuff and is close to where they do the press conferences etc.

7. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You do not get any free food or drink with Shield Club seats which is disappointing considering the cost of them. I originally thought when I got the chance to sit there that it came with some food and drink.

8. RobbHeineman

RobbHeineman New Member

Feb 7, 2007
    You REALLY hate the Shield Club don't u? Let me know if there is someplace you would like to move to. I want you to have a good time.....plus we are sold out in shield club with a 400 person waiting list so I'd be happy to accommodate you. Let me know...thanks for the feedback.

9. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eh, bigsoccer does that sometimes with posts. he's made like 3-4 posts about it now, and so the frequency of his posts gives the illusion that he feels more strongly about it than he actually does. i don't think he hates it, especially not caps-lock hate, but it does appear that he doesn't think the value-for-cost ratio is any better than his current seats.

10. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I renewed for 2012 in the MS. My 2011 ST were in the West Stand, but I only went to the Chicago game there, since people around me in 102 wanted me to sit, so I exchanged all my tickets after that game to the MS where I could stand whenever I want. My ticket rep (Ashley) must have thought I was crazy. I'm happy with the free parking, MC concessions and overall value. I have no off-fields wants.

11. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I dont hate it. I actually do not have my seats there; I was just given the opportunity to sit there for a game. I am in the East Stand. It just dont think it is for me. I do not find value in the ammenities offered as I dont really look to eat inside the stadium, I dont need a padded or wider seat, and I really have no desire to spend my team inside the club. So, for me it just does work and would be a waste of money. However, I completely understand that some people want those things and that's great. I am glad it is sold out. I just personally would not spend the extra money to sit there.

12. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bingo.

13. DemDave

DemDave Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So for those of you who have experienced the Victory Suite, which "paid in full" incentive did you end up choosing? I'm leaning toward the Victory Suite + 1 guest option myself, but thought I'd get some opinions.

14. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't been in the Bud corner, but I have been in the Victory Suites for a match....so I can't give a true comparison.....but go with the Victory Suite.....it's amazing!!!

15. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'M the one with season tickets in the Shield Club. And I (mostly) love it.

But I would love it even more if every seat came with a voucher for a fine Pepsi product per game. :D

16. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Be careful... the Ticketmaster site was wrong (so said Amesha) when I renewed for 2012. In my case (2 seats) the paid-in-full renewal *appeared* to include either 2 seats to the Victory Suite or 4 seats to the Budweiser Corner. Amesha informed me that it was actually either 2 seats in the Victory Suite or *2* seats in the Budweiser Corner. Her comment was, "I need to have ticketmaster fix that."

I was debating 4 in the Bud Corner vs. 2 in VS, but once it was 2 vs. 2, VS was my choice.

I'm not sure if the number of seats change depending upon the number of seats you are renewing...

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with the Victory suite, it wasn't even really a contest in my mind.

18. Lebowski

Lebowski BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 23, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm going with the Victory Suite because I can buy my way into the Bud Corner if I want to try it, but not so easy to do the Victory Suite.

19. kcfooty

kcfooty Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is just fantastic. Six years ago, who would have thought we'd have a 400 person waiting list for premium seats?

The stadium for Dallas was electric and LA should be just as good. I love the demand and the scarcity it will drive. Great, great, great!

20. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I dont even know how that is a question.

I am still debating on what to do. I am considering a switch to the Member's Stand as I am trying to reduce expenses to save more money and I have been going down there for the second half of games the last few anyway. But, I love my seats in the East Stand. I probably wont make a decision by the time these choices are available any longer.

21. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Get a members stand ticket and sit in the back row of the east stand cut off? Gotta say I think the view from the South End is so much better than the North - not that the North is bad but that extra height is nice.

22. MuddyPitch

MuddyPitch Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can someone give me the condensed version of all the "club" and "suite" levels and amenities? Too much obfuscation for me to understand. Shield, victory, field, club, Bud?

23. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shield - west stand midfield, paded and wider seats, access to the shield club with different food options inside

Victory - owner's suite, you arent getting tickets there but if you renew with full payment, you get the option to sit there for a game

Field - seats on the field, all you can eat and drink, get to go down where the players come in and out

Club - Not sure which seats you are referring too. There is only the member's club and Shield club that I know of.

Budweiser - seats in the southwest corner where you sit at a table and I believe you get some food and drink with those seats. Maybe a waiter? Not 100% of these.

I know nothing about the suites and what comes with what but I think they start at 16,000 a year

24. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a big fan of that cut off. I have sat there a couple of times for parts of a game and just didnt care for it. It isnt high enough up and the people that sit over there just do not seem to be into the game. The crowd that sits there are more hand sitters than people in the East Stand. It's kind of a weird vibe. I figured there would be a lot of Cauldronites over there trying to harass opposing players or that one of the smaller supporter's groups within the Cauldron would take it over and claim it as theirs.

The view and height of the seat is my dilemma. I like to watch the game from a certain amount of elevation and that is the biggest problem with the Member's Club. To me, this game has to be watched for a little bit up the stands. This is the reason why when we were shopping for our tickets that I didnt want anything closer than like the 12th row. The 15th row is the perfect height. I can see everything perfectly and I am still close enough to see things in detail. This is worth the extra couple of hundred bucks. I also like having a seat inside the stadium that is mine.

The view in the South Stand is good but with that section being designated for kids and be GA, I have no interest. If I am going to pay that much, might as well shell out of the extra $100 for East Stand seats.

I need to watch a full game from the Member's Section before the season ends to help with my decision. I have sat down there for a half but either stood at the wall or sat on one of the far sides.

I just need to weight things, I guess.

25. Replicant

Replicant Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I just want is to be able to get in that area, see the players walk by, perhaps sneak a peek at the press conference, all that. I mean, field seats would be awesome, but I just really want to get in that area and check it all out. Never will get to though if you have to buy a field side seat. No way I can afford that on college budget.

Anyone know if thats the only way to get in that area outside of a press pass (or whatever)?