[2012 London Olympics: Quarter-Finals] Korea vs Great Britain 2012/08/04 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    No it isn't. If I wanted to call you something racist, then I would have. You're imputing too much into this.

2. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Amazing how deep you went in your imagination to try and prove I hate PCY, congrats.
    If you read my posts again, you'll realize I only point out his poor performances (which we all agree about) and the fact that such a poor finisher shouldn't be a starter at FW position (which should be pretty logic).

No one can possibly disagree he sucks, but still, we should start him ? hmm ?
    Because of that single pass against GB ? is this all about ?

So just because he can be (or not be) a genius for 10 seconds randomly in 90 minutes he should be a starter ? Oh sorry, I'm probably a bad tactician and don't understand the tactics of mister Hong. You probably do, in fact, PCY is a starter and you adore him, Hong is obviously doing the right thing.

Chiwoo repped this.
  3. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    철들었네.

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

5. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    WAYT GUYZ EHRMEGEHRD I HERVE ERR SERLUTIERN FER STRYKERR

[​IMG]

jolim24601 and Mudang repped this.
  6. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. jolim24601

jolim24601 Member

Nov 6, 2010
    east coast
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

edit: crap...my gif has been made totally irrelevant by gjaks epic community gif.

can we only post in gifs from now on?

9. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm not going to sit there and let that dude call me "crazy alien".
    If you sponsor that kind of behavior, then you are no better than him.

And finally, you warn me of nothing, and you have no lessons to give me.

If Hodori is in fact your friend, you should try and give him a better education or be more selective with your friends. I hope that was clear enough.

10. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Google translate ftl?

HojuSaram repped this.
  11. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Come on, guys. It's lunch time. I just threw up a little in my mouth, lol.

12. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Everyone needs a little Chang in their life.

13. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    Guys, this has gone too far today and I feel bad for my contribution to brining down the mood on the day prior to the Olympic semifinals.

Thanks to ChongSoo and Chiwoo.

I'm extending my hand to Hodori. No hard feelings. Let's get back to our Team, who are playing hard and playing with courage.

12th Warrior repped this.
  14. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So anyway................... anyone around here gonna make a highlight vid of the match?

15. Chong-soo

Chong-soo Member

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Jeonbuk Motors
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No, it is not.
    I know what he meant.

The dude can't make the difference between a football debate on a board and real life.
    He has to get all aggressive and shit.

Sometimes he would just quote me and tell me to shut up or throw some minor insults, whatever, I just ignored it and thought the dude had temper issues (maybe bi polar or something) but throwing racist stuff over a Park CY debate, seriously, that was uncalled for.

I's not like I'm shocked or anything, but some things shouldn't be said, that's all.

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Seriously? I love how you're trying to make yourself look like a martyr here.

미친 외국인 is a pejorative but not a racist term. I thought it was much more polite than calling you a 씨발새끼 since you go crazy anytime PJY fails to score or the topic revolves around nuclear weapons.

olijolly and Mudang repped this.
  17. Gjak1117

Gjak1117 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They're posted in here somewhere back there.

18. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    What's wrong with Chu Young's performance ?? He didn't score against Great Britain but that's Ji who did it. The most important is victory no matter who scored.

And I don't know one striker (excepted Ronaldo and Messi) who scores at every match.

19. tangun

tangun Member

Jul 14, 2012
    New York City
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hahah... good lord..
    A) i'll forgive your desperate appeal to logic (but for future reference, here's an obvious scenario that defeats your so-called logic: Team Z has 3 strikers. They are all poor finishers, as poor as pcy even!. then what? brain explodes?). i invited you in my post a number of times to propose who should start instead and why. i'm afraid "pcy sucks" doesn't suffice.

B) nope, never mentioned that. in fact, didnt mention a single thing pcy does well. read it slower next time. your error, again, is comprehending the reason i think he should start. you seem to struggle with relative comparisons. it's either world-class or sucks.

C) must have missed the part where i said even though i think my preference is for him to start, i'm open-ended on that, and have already proposed a line-up that doesnt feature pcy, and assessed what i take to be its relative merits.

D) I think it's probably true that you're a bad tactician, but that has nothing to do with my argument against you. I didn't once argue that understanding HMB's tactics has anything to do with the question of starting pcy. In fact, I didn't mention HMB once.

E) see, C). also, no, I don't. as I said. and unlike you, I've never adored him. so, maybe you should give me the captain's arm band for TEAM PCY ANTI-FIGHTING!

look, it comes down to one thing you dont seem to understand too well. Making a choice between things (in anything) involves comparison and relative assessments. You think, PCY shouldn't start? fine, like i said, see C). But tell me who should start in his place, and why he should be preferred to pcy. thats what a normal footy debate looks like. that something sucks is simply not enough.

imagine mother sends you to the market to pick up an orange for her, and she tells you no matter what you need to bring an orange home. you get to the market and the orange seller says, sorry guy, only two oranges left. then he hands you an orange thats kinda bruised and doesnt look that great. in this scenario, you're the guy who jumps up and says WOW THIS ORANGE SUCKS GIVE ME THE OTHER ONE! meanwhile, the seller asks well dont you want to see how good the other one is? NO! this first one sucks. i'll take the second one!

and for the 10th time, im open to pcy not starting. so if you want to actually debate starters like adults, balls in your court - who and why? but if you're just going to piss another joke of a response at me, i'm done. people can read the exchange for themselves.

skimmilk, olijolly and Mudang repped this.
  20. redknights

redknights Member

Jan 20, 2010
    USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    in one more defense of PJY:

it all comes down to knowing the game. saying that a striker's job is to score is an overly simplistic statement. there are different roles for different types of strikers, for different types of formations.

unfortunately, most casual fans see the work "forward" or "striker" next to a guy's name and thinks that just because he doesn't score, he sucks. there is so much more to playing forward (especially a lone forward) than scoring.

don't think for a second that HMB does not know his formation inside and out and what he needs from his players. HMB is playing for dominance in the midfield, and thus the lone striker.

in most teams playing with a lone striker (including our KNT), the lone strikers' main job - even more than scoring - is to hold the ball up to keep possession bring the rest of the team into the attack. Please see Kevin Davies at Bolton (before Coyle) as Exhibit A of a lone forward holding up the ball for a defensive-oriented team.

On the other hand, in our KNT formation, the onus for scoring is less upon the lone forward and shared throughout midfield.

Thus, if we see the bulk of our offensive troubles, it's in finishing chances. However, to single out PJY for not taking his chances without faulting the others who have missed as well is unfair. scoring is only half of PJY's lone striker role at best.

Having said all that, i'm still disappointed that PJY didn't take the chances when they did come to him. however, because he does those other things better than any replacement, i want PJY in there. without him, I'd say we would have a lot harder time keeping possession. I'd venture to say that our scoring chances would decrease as well.

(I think i've said all that without insulting anyone? ;) )

21. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Well, since you are obviously hurt by the term for whatever personal experiences you may have, I won't ever refer to you by it.

22. CoreaBafana

CoreaBafana Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Cerro Porteno
    미친 외국인 definitely has an ethnic component. Some will shrug it off as it coming from some ignoramus, or others will get more offended. The specific reaction depends on the individual, and it's not our call to make. The FACT is that the name calling has been overwhelmingly one-sided, and namely one individual who had to take down at least one of his posts that called me a c**t.

Even after, I have in a genuine conciliatory gesture extended my hand to him to support our team, and although he has since posted in this thread, he has not acknowledged it. Just like in real life, if an offer of peace is not accepted in a reasonable time, I am not going to continue to wait in vain. That really is too bad, because it truly was a conciliatory gesture.

23. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe you haven't been around these boards enough but Chong-Soo is infamous for going on irrational anti-Japan tirades. Him berating others for using racial slurs is amusing to say the least. It's almost as though he assumes that supporting Korea must equal hating Japan. Nuh uh. Nope.

As I type this I can't help but smh at his choice of avatar.

skimmilk and olijolly repped this.
  24. seoulman9

seoulman9 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    NYC
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Holy hell. How many times do people need to hear this? Ki's celebration had nothing to do with a making a comment against the japanese. it was in reaction to racist chants that he recieved during games in the SPL. he was responding to them saying, "Oh, you think I'm a monkey? How'd you like that?"

25. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    So if a black man calls me a gook am I justified in calling him a ______ ?

That was a stain on the KNT's performance in AC2011 and KSY knows it, thankfully he's matured since then. And puh-lease, KSY pretty much apologized for it and stated something about seeing Imperial flags in the stadium.