News: 2012 Kits revealed! And they're awesome!!

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by drSoFlaFan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The new kits are out, and they are SHARP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI the keeper is David Martin, recently signed backup.

3. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    The sleeves on the home need something. A small red hoop. If they were to sell a long sleeve version (I know, they won't), it would be all yellow. I like hooped teams to have something on the sleeves as well. Again, like last year, I have no idea why the jersey can't have full hoops across the back and then slap the player's name and number over them instead of a space. I know the old Strikers had that space, but if I recall, their first incarnation had the hoops and name and number over the hoops. Just gives the jersey more continuity. The vertical stripe down the sides of the home has got to go. Let the hoops connect. The name and number should be black, not white. Good to see some black on the home jersey and the secondary logo is a plus as well.

Away jersey is good.

4. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it would have been nice to see full hoops, and I'd have liked if the red/yellow were reversed and it was more true to the original Strikers shirt, but it's a step in the right direction.

The secondary is dynamite.

Coach pointed out that they will be using the more European "primary/secondary" system of wearing uniforms, so neither is strictly tied to home or away matches. I imagine we'll see the alternate in the Open Cup plus some other home games.

5. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Imagine" we'll see it? Coach Shore says he likes it better than the primary. We WILL see it worn at home.

Hopefully not that often since the primary is the Strikers definitive jersey. Anything else ain't the Strikers. The secondary is just that, secondary. A take off on what defines the team. It's very, very nice, and far better than last years; but that's all it is.

6. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    What about shorts and socks? Appears both are being paired with black shorts?

Nice effort for Division II. The main takeaway is that they are sticking with an identity for their primary shirt and upgraded the secondary shirt tremendously. The second shirt is simple and classic. Ties in well with the styling of the primary.

Looking forward to seeing either here at Al Lang.

7. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Black shorts & socks. Both are supposed to have red/yellow trim with white numbers. This sounds nice, but they did not show it last night. We'll see how it plays out on April 7th when Minnesota comes to Lockhart.

I agree with the bold. Far better than last year & well within the traditional look of the Strikers of the past. They'll sell many of both jerseys, IMO.

8. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There will also apparently be yellow socks with black/red trim as another option for the secondary. I think I heard that Joma dropped the ball with getting everything in on time, that why the guys had training pants on, not the full unis, and also why we couldn't buy the alts last night. Oh well, can't win 'em all, at least they look good right? :D

9. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I blinked my eyes and I swore for a second I was looking at a Watford kit, especially the alternate top. I've always enjoyed the yellow, red, accented black combo when used proportionately. These are quality tops. Very attractive. I'm eager to see the whole kit (shorts & socks). I could easily see myself repping FLS with a purchase. Definitely considering it. Kudos on the tops. They are a classy look.

10. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001

Why am I not surprised? It's Joma after all.

I wish the Strikers had a different kit supplier.

11. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They outdid expectations...:)

12. Strikermansteve

Feb 10, 2012
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Great job on the jerseys...I pre-ordered the alternate jersey.

Also, nice job on the Striker foam beer holders, mini-flags (hanging on my sliding glass door at home) and small logo stickers.

We still could use the "I'm a Striker Liker" bumper stickers, preferably with the logo as well. I ordered two from zazzle a while back, but they're starting to fade on the vehicles. Let's get them in stock and for sale at Lockhart, at the very least. We'll blanket the tri county area with them!!!!

1 person likes this.
  13. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couple of questions.......

a). they couldn't wear the goalie top with the road golds, right? (too similar?)

b). does anybody know where I could get my hands on "last years" road kits (the all-whites)?

I like the new road tops.....but I'm more of a traditionalist than an economist.

*All I wanted them to do was put the damn single hoop back on last years kits for the win.

FWLIW: I liked last years home strip better than the new one by far. However; since multiple large hoops don't look so hot on this frame......I'm ok with Mgt. "flipping the script there" to raise more cash if they want.

If I can find last years roadie in a L/XL......maybe I can take it someplace to fix it like I want, add a new alternate gold-and I'd be good to go.

Thanks in advance to anybody who could help.

14. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a) There will surely be a second keeper jersey. They only unveiled one last season as well.

b) Unless you played for the team, or are buddies with someone who did, you can't get last year's road shirt(they did not sell them).

Surprising that you like last year's "home" better than the new one, not many do. Last season was just a recolored Joma template while this year it's a fully custom shirt:

[​IMG]

15. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

maybe so.....but red isn't my color ;)

preferred the yellow back.....and the white numbers they have on the back of the new kits just don't look right to me for some reason...........

16. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd buy one of those. They look great!

17. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Some posters on this board may have problems with Joma's timing and supply issues, but nobody can argue with their design on these jerseys. They are simply gorgeous.

I can't wait to see these in action around the league and in the USOC. The Strikers are going to have some of the most iconic jerseys in the US and Canada.

18. drSoFlaFan

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Joma didn't design them, they just produced them. The Strikers FO designed them.

19. Titanole

Titanole Member

Nashville SC
    United States
    Feb 15, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Club:
    Nashville Metros
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely better than last season. Reminds me of the old shirts, which I guess is the point. I may have to buy one this year.

Can they not find a shirt sponsor and get rid of the block STRIKERS?

20. Never Offside

Never Offside Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love the block STRIKERS!

21. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys got stuck with stock kits last year too, huh?

Nice kits.

22. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Variations on a stock theme. I believe the stock jerseys were red & white. Joma altered them to red & yellow. This year's jerseys were designed by the Strikers FO (with an assist from outside, I hear) & Joma made them for us.

I agree they are nice, but all we've seen are the jerseys. The shorts & socks should be ready soon. If they are as described (charcoal or black w/red & yellow trim, white numbers) they could be a very nice kit.

Here's hopin'....;)

23. Papadop

Papadop Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Metro Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're nice. Hope to see them on the pitch in Orlando one day.

24. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DUPE....please delete

25. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the compliment. It's appreciated.

I'd like that, too, but I don't see OC moving to div 2 & either team moving to MLS may be years off. To be honest, if 2 teams from Florida move to MLS I'd much prefer that they come from Tampa Bay and South Florida, and that those 2 teams be the Strikers & the Rowdies. There is much history between those 2 teams in this sport. There is none between Orlando and anyone else.