2012 Home Opener

Discussion in 'Atlanta NASL' started by RutgerATL, Apr 6, 2012.

1. RutgerATL

RutgerATL Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got home from the Silverbacks vs Scorpions front office challenge match. It was a great kick off to the new season. I wish more fans had made it out to Silverbacks Park to watch our victorious side. Those of us that were there thank the Scorpions for the many fine beverages.

I think those that were there gave a pretty good welcome to the San Antonio fans that made the trip. Looking forward to a great oping match.

2. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. Looks like several sections are already sold out so that is great. Hopefully we can start off the season with a W.

3. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I came down from Huntsville for the game. They're announcing the starting lineups now.

4. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scoreless at halftime. Atlanta has had the majority of the good attacking chances.

5. CShine

CShine Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Huntsville, AL
    Club:
    Rocket City United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-0 final.

6. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atlanta really controlled the first half but San Antonio probably controlled the second half almost as much. We had a ton of corners but the crosses were usually poor and we really need to work on our finishing.

7. RutgerATL

RutgerATL Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Decatur, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I completely agree. I'm hoping once Horth gets healthy and we get the two new forwards up to speed things will change. I really think we made some huge improvements in the back line. Lancaster brings the leadership the team was lacking last year. During the preseason games I was not impressed by Rilla, my opinion on him tonight took a complete 180. Between his play and some great saves by Illyes we walked away with a point.

8. drummer

drummer Member

Nov 29, 1999
    Atlanta
    Crowd was good. Defense was sound. Finishing was not but we knew we lacked our goal-scorers going into that game. I like our new GK.

9. AtlantaFan

AtlantaFan New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    It was a great atmosphere, and great to see a sell-out. Need to get Horth back in the mix for some offensive firepower, hopefully he will be back in soon.

10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. kofte

kofte Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah great crowd and atmosphere, hopefully people stick around through the season. Fair result in the end, Rafa Cox and Santamaria looked bright in parts, but need a bit more steel up front - hopefully to come soon!

12. westau

westau Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My fiancee and I were looking at the schedule to see what the next match we could make is and sadly it isn't until June.

Hopefully everyone else can go to the next few matches though.